Old Dec 15, 2008, 01:47 PM
Build it again, Sam!
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
4,092 Posts
Build Log
The Next Challenge: FW187 EPP Built

0.0 Introduction
After some building around with Depron and EPP "successive euphoria" morphed to "naked routine" which is rather boring lady . To practice my skills and to expand my possibilities I was searching another new battlefield to work on...

0.1 The FW 187 FALKE
For I have many planes in my appartement - mostly 1 mots, I decided to build my second 2 mot ( first was a HS129 which was set up in Depron, but I will try EPP this time!!!). The plane shouldn't be built too often and I didn't want to compare with commercial manufaturers like LM Alfa or SBRC so I decided to take the Falke fo a project... ( for sure I also could choose on plane from www.Luft46.com but that page should be a backup for later times !)

0.2 Preliminary Spec
Model: Focke Wulf 187 "FALKE
Wingspan 1.2 Meter ( 1:12.75 Scale)
estimated AUW < 700Gram
Accu 1300mAh or 2000mAh 3S Lipoly
Motors 2x 60 Gram class with 8x 6 APC Props
Gear ( TBD) ( If I decide to use one)
Materal EPP
Servos 3-4X 9Gram Modelcraft

0.3 Proposal
I created a proposal in CAD and descritisized the spherical fuse into sections that would be able to be hot wire hut!

1.1 The Fuse
For the tapered parts I have to spend a little more effort than to the straight lofted ones. I use a CNC HWC with fixed planes. Therefore I have to extrapolate the parts surfaces to the machine planes.
To get this done easier and to manage the global stock of EPP to work with, I generated this Virtual Workplace! The dimensions are the same as on the machine. Lateron I calibrate the axis of the machine to the CAD Data and so get a working system! But first the setup with all dimensions...

Harpye is offline Find More Posts by Harpye
Last edited by Harpye; Dec 15, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2008, 05:02 PM
Build it again, Sam!
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
4,092 Posts
Extrapolation

Now the fuse parts are extrapolated to the machine planes and all extrapolated Splines are cracked/ opened on bottom which is top here... this crack marks the start and stop point of the cutting sequence!

Next is to link the sequences to one program!!!

Harpye is offline Find More Posts by Harpye