HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2008, 01:39 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Discussion
Precision Aerobatics How To Series, 3D Aerobatics & Repair Guide

Aerofundan and Radio Rookie are happy to answer all your questions - in a HOW TO Series where we will show you how to repair your airplane by Radio Rookie and how to do 3D Aerobatics by Daniel Dominguez (Aerofundan).

Please visit Precision Aerobatics website and click on the menu section called "How To" - this section will be constantly updated with new How To guides, including more 3D Aerobatics and Repair guides, if you have any special requests for future How To's please post them here.

www.PrecisionAerobatics.com

Radio Rookie
Daniel Dominguez (Aerofundan)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
Joined Nov 2008
52 Posts
Sweet! Is that a KMD sim I see in the video? Where does one find that?
forshagesan is offline Find More Posts by forshagesan
Old Dec 15, 2008, 06:57 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Nice work! I look forward to seeing all the how to vids!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Dec 15, 2008, 07:12 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
These are great. I like the way you mixed the model footage with the simulator footage. And music always makes me feel better.

It'd be cool if you added the Realfight recording files for download as well.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:20 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Great job, guys! That is very helpful, for sure. Finally a 3D and repair guide from the pros!
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Dec 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Thanks guys, let us know which guides you want to see next!

As for the simulator airplanes, they are the G3.5 Katana MD and G4.5 Addiction, pretty much stock probably just changed the throws / expo and cg a bit. you can find the planes here :

http://knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php

They are pretty awesome planes!, although i won't deny you that the simulator is very similar but it is not the same thing, some maneuvers in the simulator may be harder or easier than in real life, and in my opinion i think the simulator is the key to learning 3D, then after you can do some 3D in the simulator, get a good 3D airplane with the correct setup.

By the way we should organize a small Online 3D Clinic in G4.5 Multiplayer and there we can all be online at the same time and you guys can ask specific questions about maneuvers or how to do them and i'll try my best to show them and answer your questions.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:19 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
I'm in!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:47 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
By the way we should organize a small Online 3D Clinic in G4.5 Multiplayer and there we can all be online at the same time and you guys can ask specific questions about maneuvers or how to do them and i'll try my best to show them and answer your questions.
That's a great idea!
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
It's All About Having Fun!
Joined Jul 2008
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
Aerofundan and Radio Rookie are happy to answer all your questions - in a HOW TO Series where we will show you how to repair your airplane by Radio Rookie and how to do 3D Aerobatics by Daniel Dominguez (Aerofundan).

Please visit Precision Aerobatics website and click on the menu section called "How To" - this section will be constantly updated with new How To guides, including more 3D Aerobatics and Repair guides, if you have any special requests for future How To's please post them here.

www.PrecisionAerobatics.com

Radio Rookie
Daniel Dominguez (Aerofundan)
Dan and RR

This is just amazing stuff! Great job guys and very very much appreciated
The Hitman is offline Find More Posts by The Hitman
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:44 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Hi Guys, our good friend Radio Rookie has written an awesome article that is wrriten especially for us 3D / Freestyle pilots, that will answer all the questions you have about Lipos, the article is called. The Black Art of Lithium Polymer Packs: Tips for Handling and Caring of Lithium Polymer Packs to view it go here:

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/howto.php

Here is part of the article, for the full article click the above link.

Overview

High Performance 3D/Freestyle flying requires four critical considerations for battery packs which are; consistent power throughout the entire duration of the sequence, light enough to be within the prescribed AWT of the model to retain design flight characteristics, properly sized to accommodate the demands of the drive system and a long trouble free service life.

Lithium Polymer packs (Lipo) presents some unique challenges to high performance 3D/Freestyle flying and in certain aspects, more so than other forms of fixed-wing application. Apart from the 4 critical considerations mentioned above, they require adequate ventilation for cooling, a secure mounting method, adequate discharge levels to meet the application and a structured approach to charging, maintenance, handling and storage.

Unlike sports and scale applications, sizing, matching and selection of Lipo packs for 3D/Freetyle applications is no simple task by any means and in some aspects more critical. There are many mind boggling permutations to consider and as such should need to be taken into account from a global perspective. To the uninitiated this is indeed very confusing and sometimes dangerous and thus spawning irrational fears about Lipos. Lithium technology is probably the most widely used form of power packs today. It usage is not specific to just RC alone and can found in contemporary household electronics ranging from cell phones, laptops, MP3 players, cameras, PDAs etc. Therefore the technology like everything else, if used properly is safe.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2009, 06:15 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
Broken Elevaotr Half-HELP?

So I finally got my Extra all trimmed out and flying like the Thoroughbred she is today (Thanks for all the help HERC!!!!!!!!). Ran 6 packs through her and on the last one I got a bit to low in High Alpha and ripped the right half off os the elevator. Anybody got experience in fixing this sort of thing?
Old Jan 01, 2009, 07:00 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Yep, easy fix. Cut the monocote off of the joiner in the center, glue it all back together and then glue a carbon rod or something across the joiner. It will make sense after you remove the monocote. The joiner is kind of T shaped and it is easy to lay the rod in there.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Last edited by hercdriver7777; Jan 01, 2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2009, 07:25 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Yep, easy fix. Cut the monocote off of the joiner in the center glue it all back together and then glue a carbon rod or something across the joiner. It will make sense after you remove the monocote. The joiner is kind of T shaped and it is east to lay the rod in there.

Got It! Thanks again Herc! I also got spare CF laying around as this is my second extra! Thanks.

Hey are you flying this weekend? Saturday?
Old Jan 01, 2009, 07:31 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Chandler, AZ
Joined Apr 2007
2,032 Posts
subscribed.
btsai is offline Find More Posts by btsai
Old Jan 01, 2009, 07:41 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005