HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:59 PM
Appleton, WI
Joined May 2009
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaush
Last 2 engines sold, thanks Patxipt & Eric!
Yeah my Dad already has it. Showed it some guys at the flying field and it drew some interest. It is going in a Senior Telemaster, so it should work great.

E
Ich Bin is offline Find More Posts by Ich Bin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2009, 02:15 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,411 Posts
Anyone have any recomendations for either a WWI or WWII aircraft for the SV17?
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Hi All,
I just bought one of these 17 CC motor does anyone know where i can get a Manuel for this motor.
Thanks
RCTroy is offline Find More Posts by RCTroy
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:23 AM
engine-a-holic
Portugal, Lisboa, Amadora
Joined Jun 2007
314 Posts
Here ya go!

www.troybuiltmodels.com/ns/manuals/RCSSV17.pdf
Patxipt is online now Find More Posts by Patxipt
Old Apr 04, 2011, 03:06 AM
14years of RC crash experience
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Jan 2011
27 Posts
just bought one also, anyone got any tips,tricks or other info to add. gonna run it on a 77" aeromax red rascal (sig copy) all together should weigh about 6lbs.
travdudemt is offline Find More Posts by travdudemt
Old Jul 15, 2011, 11:33 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
SV 17cc Engine

Just purchased an SV 17cc engine,new in the box ,from the outside everything was fine till I started to take a closer look at the prop shaft, what I found was that the crank /shaft threads had been double cut damaging the treads, second thing I found was that the cylinder head foundation bolt hole castings were not formed correctly, next I removed the aft portion that supports the crank shaft, aft portion of the crank shaft had grinding marks and high heat marks.
From the outside it does not look bad, but what is inside is nothing but JUNK, buyers beware.
Johnny515 is offline Find More Posts by Johnny515
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
does it works in a lt-40????
Mr. Parra is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Parra
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
I konw someone who is planing to do it .....have to see to believe
Mr. Parra is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Parra
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:43 AM
Joined Feb 2010
12 Posts
RV-4 SV 17cc

I will try the SV 17cc with my 25% RV-4 I will let you know how it did it!
fco_herrera is offline Find More Posts by fco_herrera
Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:11 PM
Joined Oct 2009
10 Posts
sv-17

I had it on my urly stick,I did so many fly and I like it,the first I have problem to made it run right but now the engine run good with 14x10 prob I use.That cheap engine and you will have fun with it.
hobbykim is offline Find More Posts by hobbykim
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:07 AM
Joined Feb 2010
12 Posts
SV 17cc is underpowered for the RV-4 to much weight (13#)
it took off but I landed after a round because I was afraid to crash it .... not enough lift it was difficult to maintain it in the air… don’t try this engine in a RV-4 25%
I’m flying my RV-4 with a CRRC 26cc … a lot of power it fly whit authority now
I will be using the 17cc in a ugly stick 60 size … I wish to have fun with it
fco_herrera is offline Find More Posts by fco_herrera
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:34 AM
Dad of five, love to fly!
siloam springs AR
Joined Dec 2008
73 Posts
I am putting my SV 17 into an old Hanger 9 PTS Mustang, It was crashed last yr so I had to rebuild the firewall anyway. I moved the firewall back 1 inch and built up the nose so the cowl would still fit. I had to put both ingnition and radio batts in the tail section to get the CG right. the ignition module is right on the CG and the fuel tank is up in the front where it originally was. There is not much left of the cowl, I had to cut most of the bottom half out to fit the carb on one side, the muffler on the other (borrowed a smaller stock DLE 20 muffler- fit with some mods) and the head on the bottom. should be ready for maiden this weekend. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post some video on youtube. Roger
youmanskids is offline Find More Posts by youmanskids
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:45 PM
engine-a-holic
Portugal, Lisboa, Amadora
Joined Jun 2007
314 Posts
Please do post videos
Patxipt is online now Find More Posts by Patxipt
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
Joined Apr 2010
10 Posts
These engines are awful until they break in which takes some time. Biggest improvement is going to 50-1 mixture. Smooths out noticeably and RPM at WOT stabilizes. Others running successfully at between 50-1 and 100-1. Black oil blowing out exhaust reduces significantly.

New situation this AM was carb ice visible when running up on starting bench at field. OAT was 64 deg. with NW wind and low overcast. Not sure what to do about this, but probably isolated incident and not likely to occur again.
hawkerone is offline Find More Posts by hawkerone
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:54 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
894 Posts
I have one of these engines and cannot for the life of me to get it to run right. I have been all over the map with the high and low needles and cannot get it dialed in. I have many years experience with r/c gas engines so please don't start a lecture about how to tune it.
I suspect the timing is way off but have no way to really change it as the Excel ignition is auto advance.
A guy at Troybuilt told me they got a bunch of these in with the timing wrong and had to drill new holes to move the sensor. He didn't have any details, however. I need to know which way it is off....too far retarded or too far advanced. What she the timing be. that is, center of magnet at TDC to center of sensor.

HELP!
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr