HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Cloudbase2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:11 PM
Joined Feb 2008
57 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
For Sale
Honey Bee King 2 w/ Upgrades and Many spares Parts Heli or Rebuild

For Sale Honey Bee King 2 w/ Upgrades:

This was my first heli and like many said it would be, it was too much for me. I actually got quite good and could hover high off the ground and in all directions, but it was too time consuming to learn on. Plus my inexperience took forever to get it tuned right. I'm going sell it and get a Blade CX2 just to have some fun. This would be a good purchase for someone looking to do a full upgrade of their HBK2 plus spares, or someone looking to rebuild it. I nosed in while hovering last year so it needs a few things to get flying again. I never rebuilt it afterwards, but know it needs 2 servo's, a pushlink set, and some time to build and tune. If you search posts under my user name you can follow my progress with it last spring.

Here's what I have:

Honey Bee King II kit w/ all original parts excluding motor and batteries, box, manual.

Upgrades and Spares:
- CNC Brushless Outrunner Motor and Speed Controler
- Two 3 cell, 11.1V, 2200mah Lipo Batteries and charger
- All CNC rotor head (see pics). You will need a new pushlink set because one of the plastic oval tracks is cracked. The set retails for $5.50 at jaghobbies.com.
- CNC Tail Box
- Carbon Fiber Tail Rotors
- Carbon Fiber Tail Fins NIP
- Head lock Gryo. I installed this, but never got it tuned right so it's back in the box right now.
- 2 working digital servos, one installed on the tail rotor, one NIB.
- 4 Wooden Main Rotor Blades NIP
- 4 feathering shafts NIP
- extra set of CNC blade grips
- Training Gear

This is it's present condition:

CNC Rotor Head

Brushless Outrunner Motor

Batteries

Digital Servos

CNC Tail Box and Carbon Fiber Tail Rotors

Headlock Gyro

Carbon Fiber Tail Fins

Extra Blades

Price: $120.00 shipped to continental US. Paypal only.

I am willing to trade for a stock Blade CX2 plus cash or a Blade CX2 with upgrades.
Cloudbase2 is offline Find More Posts by Cloudbase2
Last edited by Cloudbase2; Dec 12, 2008 at 11:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:02 AM
Joined Oct 2008
26 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
PM sent.
djangomangalam is offline Find More Posts by djangomangalam
Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:45 AM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Trader Rating: 62
Prediction: after learning to hover the King ('in all orientations'?!) the BCX is not going to do it for you....
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:38 AM
Joined Feb 2008
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Prediction: after learning to hover the King ('in all orientations'?!) the BCX is not going to do it for you....
You might be right, but the winter is the only time I have to devote to this. I spend all spring and summer racing mountain bikes and to have something I can jump back into after taking 6 months off that's easy to fly.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:39 AM
Joined Feb 2008
57 Posts
PM replied too. Still for sale / trade.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:07 AM
USA, VA, Merrifield
Joined Jun 2008
233 Posts
Trader Rating: 121
PM sent
signal7 is offline Find More Posts by signal7
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:45 PM
Joined Feb 2008
57 Posts
SOLD...

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2008, 07:40 AM
Ottawa, Ontario
Joined Aug 2008
74 Posts
The new owner should note that the carbon fiber tail blades are on backwards.
knightmare is offline Find More Posts by knightmare
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:24 AM
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Jan 2009
75 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbase2
For Sale Honey Bee King 2 w/ Upgrades:

This was my first heli and like many said it would be, it was too much for me. I actually got quite good and could hover high off the ground and in all directions, but it was too time consuming to learn on. Plus my inexperience took forever to get it tuned right. I'm going sell it and get a Blade CX2 just to have some fun. This would be a good purchase for someone looking to do a full upgrade of their HBK2 plus spares, or someone looking to rebuild it. I nosed in while hovering last year so it needs a few things to get flying again. I never rebuilt it afterwards, but know it needs 2 servo's, a pushlink set, and some time to build and tune. If you search posts under my user name you can follow my progress with it last spring.

Here's what I have:

Honey Bee King II kit w/ all original parts excluding motor and batteries, box, manual.

Upgrades and Spares:
- CNC Brushless Outrunner Motor and Speed Controler
- Two 3 cell, 11.1V, 2200mah Lipo Batteries and charger
- All CNC rotor head (see pics). You will need a new pushlink set because one of the plastic oval tracks is cracked. The set retails for $5.50 at jaghobbies.com.
- CNC Tail Box
- Carbon Fiber Tail Rotors
- Carbon Fiber Tail Fins NIP
- Head lock Gryo. I installed this, but never got it tuned right so it's back in the box right now.
- 2 working digital servos, one installed on the tail rotor, one NIB.
- 4 Wooden Main Rotor Blades NIP
- 4 feathering shafts NIP
- extra set of CNC blade grips
- Training Gear

This is it's present condition:

CNC Rotor Head

Brushless Outrunner Motor

Batteries

Digital Servos

CNC Tail Box and Carbon Fiber Tail Rotors

Headlock Gyro

Carbon Fiber Tail Fins

Extra Blades

Price: $120.00 shipped to continental US. Paypal only.

I am willing to trade for a stock Blade CX2 plus cash or a Blade CX2 with upgrades.

Is it still available?
wayneabonga is offline Find More Posts by wayneabonga
Closed Thread