Old Jul 29, 2009, 03:56 AM
PJG
Ad astra per alia porci
Joined Jul 2009
57 Posts
CE sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JelleB
It is just a CE sticker, no registration number. However the sticker next to it reads NO:H034636. The FCC test results can be found online, maybe the european ones too?
I have never heard something about confiscating something that has no CE sticker, that would be infeasible. Or will customs closely inspect every package for a CE mark?
The CE mark is mainly, as far as Customs are concerned, for if the goods are going to be MARKETED within the EU. If your set comes in, usually marked as a gift, it isn't going to be denied entry; though you may, at their discretion, have to pay import duty.

If you USE the set, it will be the radio regulatory authority who might show an interest. However, I would imagine that both of these authorities have larger fishes to fry.
PJG is offline Find More Posts by PJG
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:01 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydawn

Turn both VRs fully clockwise or counter clockwise depending on your setup.
Throw switches A & B in opposite directions. What you wind up with is each switch gives 1/2 the servo travel. I forget what position both switches were in when I programmed it so you might have to play around a bit.

You can use the same VR for both Mixes, saving you one VR. One mixers up and down values at +100 while the others are -100.
Turning the VR button from one end to the other reverses servo direction.
No more problem having set one VR to the wrong position.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 29, 2009, 04:21 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
WJBITE started a thread to create a "manual" for the Hobby King 4 channel radio. All it has are four servo reversing switches.

Maybe you can start a thread for a similar 6 channel manual, and we all can contribute mixing hints, tips, and tricks? If you do I'll subscribe to it.
Anyone who wants to write the "manual" for the 6 ch version should not be reluctant to because these guys are REALLY helpful, providing ALL the needed info. - go for it!

Walt Bankes
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:10 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
gettin this to work

i got mine yesterday and am good with pc and still took me half our to get this thing to work
the easiest way is to install the t6 config file then plug ur controller in then go to windows updates in the start bar
when the window opens choose custom it should give you the option for
for a hardware update it will say 2101 usb to something
add that update install and then windows driver window will pop up let it find it automatically and it should work a treat
did this process on my pc and laptop worked fine
be aware my laptop lost the wifi signal when i plugged my rx in so be warned
i ended up sat next to my router just to do the thing
now as i am a noob i have to work out what all this stuff actually means
enjoy
joe
joemanc is offline Find More Posts by joemanc
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:55 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
My radio too, walks all over my wifi. not just my 2.4 ghz, verizon FIOS box wifi , but my apple Airport 5.8ghz wireless router. Its a 6 channel .
Brett
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:01 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoo
Eurgle CE certified by me
no problem with customs in slow delivery
what the heck is that? the new 10 channel version?
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:20 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,885 Posts
They really meant to name it "Eagle" but something happened in the translation.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:37 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Hi!

I got those switches from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/10-St-Miniatur-Sc...3A1%7C294%3A50

One needs double row switches for this, the single row switches found in the 4ch version will not work.

The radio case seems to be the same for all versions of it, so the breaches for the switches already exist. All I had to do is cutting holes in the sticker, peel it off partially, and drill countersunk holes for the M2*8 screws I used to fix the switches.
I ordered some switches with the same dimensions as those in the eBay auction that Julez posted above, from All Electronics.

SSW-37 DPDT SLIDE SWITCH $0.25 each

Looks like they should work to me.

Will post a picture when they arrive.
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Last edited by Firefox675; Aug 06, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:51 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
edwalsh18 posted at RCuniverse some photos of a different version of the Flysky system.

It seems much like the 4 ch systems (apparently, same motherboard), but with 2 extra channels driven by 2 switches on then top (Gear + ??).

Maybe this leads to the possibility of adding 2 extra channels to the 4 ch systems.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:35 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl
edwalsh18 posted at RCuniverse some photos of a different version of the Flysky system.

It seems much like the 4 ch systems (apparently, same motherboard), but with 2 extra channels driven by 2 switches on then top (Gear + ??).

Maybe this leads to the possibility of adding 2 extra channels to the 4 ch systems.
I'm not registered at RC Universe, so I'll have to answer your question there, here. From the first pic that Ed posted there, the right switch is labeled "Idel" with an S and an F denoting the two switch directions.

I have thought of a simple way to substitute a gear switch for one of the VR knobs, if that function is important to anyone. The VR pot is 5K, so all it takes is replacing the VR pot with a SPDT toggle switch and two 5K resistors.

Solder one 5K resistor from one end of the switch to the center pole, and do the same with the other 5K resistor from the other end to the center pole. Then remove the three wires from the VR and attach them to the switch in the same order.

Flip the switch one direction, it's the same as having the VR fully CCW. Flip the switch the other direction, and it's as if the pot were fully CW. Then through programming you can adjust endpoints and mix percentages.

{Edit}
I knew I've seen that 6 channel radio before. There was one for sale here in the Radio FS/W forum a while back. It is a 6 channel 2.4 GHz that is permanently programmed to 120 degree swashplate heli mode, and was part of a RTF heli package.

FS/W thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049280
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Last edited by F-111 John; Jul 31, 2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added link to FS/W radio thread
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:42 AM
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPFlyer
Unreal. While I'm sure the tx is a POS, it is hard to believe they can even buy the 2.4 circuitry. Let us know how it goes.
Positive shift? No that's with 72MHz.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:03 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
T6A transmitter / Palm cable - RS232 schematic

Quote:
dghutt
T6A transmitter / Palm cable - RS232 schematic

-- what does the "inverted T" symbol mean? Your "interface.BMP" drawing shows the positive sides of the caps on pins 2, 6, 15 and 16 terminating with an inverted T. Is that a different symbol for ground?

Hi Dave,
I tried to reply to your PM but it lookes like it didn't work.

You are right. This "inverted T" is a connection to ground or zero voltage.

Pin15 of the IC, one side of the capacitors on pins 2, 6 and 16 and pin5 of the SUBD plug are all connected to the ground, coming from the shielding of the TX plug. Be aware, cap on pin6 connects with the + side to ground.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:08 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
I got a chance to make the cable with the level shifter from sparkfun and it seems to be working good. I played around with the palm TX software and it is reading the Tx and seems to be saving configs fine. I still have to verify proper servo operation to be sure it is working as expected but it looks like it is good to go.

Thanks for the program and info.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Aug 01, 2009, 01:56 PM
Up in smoke!
Greenville, TX
Joined Jun 2007
627 Posts
Has anyone had trouble with SN Hobbies? I ordered spare FlySky TX (Only) from them on July 23rd and payed with paypal, so they have my money, but the order is still in processing. Are they always so slow to ship things?

BlueFFF
BlueFFF is offline Find More Posts by BlueFFF
Old Aug 01, 2009, 02:03 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFFF
Has anyone had trouble with SN Hobbies? I ordered spare FlySky TX (Only) from them on July 23rd and payed with paypal, so they have my money, but the order is still in processing. Are they always so slow to ship things?

BlueFFF
They conveniently never received my dads returned receiver. And only returned his emails after he threatened to tell his story on the forums. They asked if he just wanted $15 sent to his paypal. He told them no he want's what he purchased in the first place. We will see if they send another out.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial