HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:47 AM
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2004
213 Posts
Nom de plume

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
The LED should be conducting, in fact it should light a little.
Thanks Blackfoot

Je suivrai tes conseils. Après avoir donner ta langue au chat, je voulais savoir si Blackfoot es un autre nom de plume « Pied noir ». Ceci expliquerait la maîtrise parfaite de ma langue maternelle. Ah oui, je suis un anglais caché dans les montagnes suisses

A+
Mark
Swissflyer is offline Find More Posts by Swissflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:12 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the Hobby King 6 Channel Trasmitter (http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...x_%28Mode_2%29)
has a CE sticker on it? Has anyone in the EU had any trouble ordering it?
Thanks.
miniant is offline Find More Posts by miniant
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:57 AM
Time for another motto!
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1,413 Posts
Yes it is certified. Although I have the 'turborix' version, it only differs in brandname. It has a CE sticker. Insisting on a sticker is rather silly though, you can take one from any other device and stick it on the transmitter.
JelleB is offline Find More Posts by JelleB
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:14 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2 Posts
It's just because I don't want customs to send the tx/rx back or something when I order it.
miniant is offline Find More Posts by miniant
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:28 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatch21
Does anyone have a link where people are discussing configuring this TX with a PC for airplane functions like mixes and gear?
I think you're there already. I just got the 6 channel last Saturday, and although the only model I've flown it in doesn't need them, I've played with mixes for flapperons/spoilerons, V-Tail and elevon. Nothing that every other HK 6 channel owner hasn't also done, I'm sure.

Thre are only three mixes available, and each of those functions require at least two mixes, so you can't have, for example, a model with both a V-tail and flapperons. I'll have to look, but I think flapperons/spoilerons took all three mixes.

My model (A stock Wild Hawk) has a slight nose down tendancy at full throttle, so I created a switch enabled mix to add a little up elevator at full throttle.

The stock WH ESC also has a lawyer designed 'feature' that doesn't start turning the motor until the throttle is at 1/2. I created a second mix that added one of the VR knobs to the throttle, also enabled by the same switch, so that when the VR knob is fully CW the throttle channel is just under 1/2. Then the throttle stick gives full range throttle control. Moving the VR fully CCW, or turning off the switch, returns the throttle to normal functioning.

And of course I played around with the dual rate settings. It's a nice little 6 channel radio.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2009
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghutt

I plan to gut the modem and replace the internals with the MAX232, thereby combining the Palm plug and the minimal circuitry.

Dave
As I don't have a Palm modem, I made up another solution.
I took apart a cradle, cut off unnecessary parts, unsoldered resistors and the switch and glued a St232/Max232A with directly soldered SMD capacitors on the backside. With glass fibre and epoxy i made a strip that clips to the Palm.
(A picture says more than 1000 words ).

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hub City, TN
Joined Jan 2008
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
I think you're there already...
90% of this thread is people writing their own software for palm pcs and hacking the TX and so on. I just want to know the Mix settings to have a servo move it's full range of travel by throwing one of the switches, like for landing gear. Right now I have a Mix using the VRb and Switchb that will move the servo half of it's travel. I don't think that will be enough to lock my gear in both positions.
bhatch21 is offline Find More Posts by bhatch21
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:25 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
90% of this thread is people writing their own software for palm pcs and hacking the TX and so on. I just want to know the Mix settings to have a servo move it's full range of travel by throwing one of the switches, like for landing gear. Right now I have a Mix using the VRb and Switchb that will move the servo half of it's travel. I don't think that will be enough to lock my gear in both positions.
AFR menu

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:30 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,551 Posts
Quote:
WJBITE started a thread to create a "manual" for the Hobby King 4 channel radio. All it has are four servo reversing switches.

Maybe you can start a thread for a similar 6 channel manual, and we all can contribute mixing hints, tips, and tricks? If you do I'll subscribe to it.

As for your specific mix, this might work:

Mix Num: MIX 1
Source: VRb
Des: CH 5
Up Rate: 100%
Down Rate: 100%
Switch: Sw B.

Make sure you set the VRb control to 100% and 100%. Logic would assume you want 0% and 100%, but as you found out, that only gets you halfway there. Also, you'll have to make sure that VRb is fully CW before flight to make the switch control the landing gear.

[Edit: I'll have to try this on my radio when I get home. It may be that you'll just have to use the knob to raise and lower the gear, rather than a switch.]

These 6 channel radios were included with a ton of different RTF helicopters, so most of what you find on the web is specific to setting up mixes, pitch curves, and throttle curves for the helicopter modes. FlySky must really know helis, because that's also the only part of the FlySky-iMax-Hobby King 9x radio menu that is completely functioning.

There isn't much on the airplane mix functions to be found, but once you know the little quirks like the above 100%, 100%, it starts to fall into place.

90% of the battle is getting the USB cable drivers working!

Here is the FlySky manual, as cheesy as it is:

FlySky 6 Channel Radio Manual
Last edited by F-111 John; Jul 28, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
[QUOTE=F-111 John]WJBITE started a thread to create a "manual" for the Hobby King 4 channel radio. All it has are four servo reversing switches.

Maybe you can start a thread for a similar 6 channel manual, and we all can contribute mixing hints, tips, and tricks? If you do I'll subscribe to it.

As for your specific mix, this might work:

Mix Num: MIX 1
Source: VRb
Des: CH 5
Up Rate: 100%
Down Rate: 100%
Switch: Sw B.

Make sure you set the VRb control to 100% and 100%. Logic would assume you want 0% and 100%, but as you found out, that only gets you halfway there. Also, you'll have to make sure that VRb is fully CW before flight to make the switch control the landing gear.

[Edit: I'll have to try this on my radio when I get home. It may be that you'll just have to use the knob to raise and lower the gear, rather than a switch.]

Gives only half, you need to use both switches and two mixes:
Here it is using both switches and pre positioned VRs.
Below is the T6config.
Turn both VRs fully clockwise or counter clockwise depending on your setup.
Throw switches A & B in opposite directions. What you wind up with is each switch gives 1/2 the servo travel. I forget what position both switches were in when I programmed it so you might have to play around a bit.
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:27 PM
Hub City, TN
Joined Jan 2008
548 Posts
Thanks for th info guys. It looks like I might be using a knob to raise and lower the gear on this model. I already have the other switch in use to add a mix of thrust vectoring in the pitch axis. But I think the dual switch setup would work on a regular 4ch airplane with gear.
bhatch21 is offline Find More Posts by bhatch21
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:06 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,551 Posts
Yup, Abby is right, it takes two mixes and two switches. One not so pleasant option is to replace one VR with a switch and fixed resistors. I guess it depends on how important it is to have a gear switch rather than a gear pot.

Hey, when life gives you lemons... look at the bright side: You can have scale speed retracts!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:17 AM
PJG
Ad astra per alia porci
Joined Jul 2009
56 Posts
CE sticker

Jelle B wrote - "It is certified. Although I have the 'turborix' version, it only differs in brandname. It has a CE sticker. Insisting on a sticker is rather silly though, you can take one from any other device and stick it on the transmitter."

Can you please post a photo of your CE sticker and where it is placed?
My Flysky has CE on the shiny cardboard box, but nothing that I can find on the Tx. I have read that some stuff from China has "CE" on it, but it stands for "China Export". Sneaky, or what? The pukka format for the EU R/C sticker should have the exclamation mark, (see sample attached), denoting that there are restrictions in certain EU countries.

Guess where? Quel surprise, it's France, the only place on the planet on 41MHz. After much feet-dragging, a whole TWO spots on 35MHz and only half the 2.4GHz band legal for outdoor flying at 100mW until 2012.
PJG is offline Find More Posts by PJG
Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:04 AM
Time for another motto!
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1,413 Posts
It is just a CE sticker, no registration number. However the sticker next to it reads NO:H034636. The FCC test results can be found online, maybe the european ones too?
I have never heard something about confiscating something that has no CE sticker, that would be infeasible. Or will customs closely inspect every package for a CE mark?
JelleB is offline Find More Posts by JelleB
Old Jul 29, 2009, 02:56 AM
Gros membre
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Joined Jan 2006
90 Posts
Ce

Eurgle CE certified by me
no problem with customs in slow delivery
speedoo is offline Find More Posts by speedoo