HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2009, 02:51 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,374 Posts
Channel reverse switches.

As I plan to run more simple models with this TX, I figured it was easier to solder in some reverse switches, than having to drag the radio to the PC every time I want to reverse a channel.

So I cut the traces between the potis and the cabel connector pins. The middle one does not need to be cut.
Guess what - this insight struck me right after cutting them. D'oh!
So you know the reason for the clumsy bridges there.
I soldered wires on the outer poti and cable connector contacts.
The latter were soldered on the middle contacts of the switches, the former on the outer contacts diagonally.
So the connection is reversed when the switch is moved.
See below some pictures.
No complaints about the poor soldering, please.
This was a quick 'n' dirty hack job, my "real" plane radio gets connections by the book.

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2009, 05:18 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
As I plan to run more simple models with this TX, I figured it was easier to solder in some reverse switches
OK, I'll bite, where did you get the switches ?
Those look like they belong there.
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Jul 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,066 Posts
Julez:
Maybe someone who pulled the RF board out of a four channel version would give the left over switch board to someone who wants to put switches on a six channel Tx, eh?
Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:40 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,374 Posts
Hi!

I got those switches from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/10-St-Miniatur-Sc...3A1%7C294%3A50

One needs double row switches for this, the single row switches found in the 4ch version will not work.

The radio case seems to be the same for all versions of it, so the breaches for the switches already exist. All I had to do is cutting holes in the sticker, peel it off partially, and drill countersunk holes for the M2*8 screws I used to fix the switches.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 27, 2009, 01:19 PM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Huge thanks to JMP_blackfoot and mis_b: I tried the 4-cell transmitter mod yesterday and topped it off with a successful flight. I took a guess at the LED's polarity and either I got it right or the polarity's not important, because it seems to work fine.

I've also dug out my old Palm V from a dresser drawer and scored a 99 cent Palm modem on Ebay, so hopefully I'll be field-programming my radio in short order.

I'm hopeless when it comes to deciphering schematics, calculating resistance and the like, and want to thank the gang on this thread for walking me through it with good instructions and photos.

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
Old Jul 27, 2009, 01:37 PM
Time for another motto!
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1,413 Posts
What do you need that modem for?

And where can I find a link/description of that '4 cell mod'? It sounds interesting, as I'd like to run my 9x on a lower voltage without it beeping at me all the time.
JelleB is offline Find More Posts by JelleB
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:26 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelleB

And where can I find a link/description of that '4 cell mod'? It sounds interesting, as I'd like to run my 9x on a lower voltage without it beeping at me all the time.
on www.rcmodelreviews.com.... xjet's site. also in the turnigy 9x thread
here.

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:29 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac
Quote:
...And where can I find a link/description of that '4 cell mod'? It sounds interesting, as I'd like to run my 9x on a lower voltage without it beeping at me all the time.
on www.rcmodelreviews.com.... xjet's site. also in the turnigy 9x thread
here.

frac
Frac, the mod you refer is the 2 LiPo mod

The 4 (NiMH) cell was posted by JMP_Blackfoot on pages 49, 52 and 53, and mis_b posted some alternative circuits for battery monitoring at page 66
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:07 PM
Joined Nov 2005
11 Posts
Does anyone have a source for computer program for hobby king HK-T6A TX for acro mode. Have one and it binds OK but need to servo reverse and adjust end points..I'm hopelessly lost at this point.
Thanks
Dick
richard trebel is offline Find More Posts by richard trebel
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:26 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard trebel
Does anyone have a source for computer program for hobby king HK-T6A TX for acro mode. Have one and it binds OK but need to servo reverse and adjust end points..I'm hopelessly lost at this point.
Thanks
Dick
The T6config program can be downladed here. Make sure that you watch the Youtube video on that page, and make sure you follow the directions.

Do not plug in your USB cable until you've installed the appropriate drivers for either Windows XP or Windows Vista.

This is the driver I used for Vista: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/coold...l-adapters.zip
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hub City, TN
Joined Jan 2008
548 Posts
I've tried installing the prolific drivers on 3 different PCs with no success. I followed the trouble shooting advice and put the ser2pl.sys file in the drivers folder. The New Hardware Wizard still won't recognize my TX. When I try to show it where to look, it only wants a *.inf file. I got the ser2pl.inf file and the NHW says it contains no info about my device. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble?
bhatch21 is offline Find More Posts by bhatch21
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:42 PM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Quote:

Hi Jelle -- Sorry I was obscure. Search this thread for the 4-cell mod. Someone pointed out that the components of the radio operate on 5 volts so 8 AA's was overkill. If you circumvent the components knocking the voltage down the radio works just fine on 4 AA's rather than 8. The voltage indicator needs to be hotwired too, in my case taking Blackfoot's suggestion of an LED to provide reference voltage.

As for a modem, that was Renn's suggestion here, at post 1268. There's now Palm software that will interface with the T6A radio but you need to build your own cable, including a MAX232 circuit. I plan to gut the modem and replace the internals with the MAX232, thereby combining the Palm plug and the minimal circuitry. I'll then be able to program the radio at the field, rather than at my PC, meaning I'll have unlimited model memory among other advantages. Again, search this thread for further details. Wish me luck...

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:26 AM
Hub City, TN
Joined Jan 2008
548 Posts
I'll answer my own question. Forget that prolific driver headache. Go here to get an easy to install driver: https://www.silabs.com/Support%20Doc...2K_XP_S2K3.zip

Does anyone have a link where people are discussing configuring this TX with a PC for airplane functions like mixes and gear?
bhatch21 is offline Find More Posts by bhatch21
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:08 AM
Brigerbad, Switzerland
Joined Sep 2004
213 Posts
LED Polarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghutt
Huge thanks to JMP_blackfoot and mis_b: I tried the 4-cell transmitter mod yesterday and topped it off with a successful flight. I took a guess at the LED's polarity and either I got it right or the polarity's not important, because it seems to work fine
Hi Dave,
I was wondering about the LED polarity
Which way did you wire it?
Thanks
Mark
Swissflyer is offline Find More Posts by Swissflyer
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:36 AM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissflyer
Hi Dave,
I was wondering about the LED polarity
Which way did you wire it?
Thanks
Mark
The LED should be conducting, in fact it should light a little. If connected the wrong way, no harm will be done, but the Transmitter LED will remain red.
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Last edited by JMP_blackfoot; Jul 28, 2009 at 03:48 AM.