Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:33 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennS
Hi Sebbe,
I modified my Flash5x for 2.4 a few days ago, I took the PPM from the trainer socket on the inside of the back of the radio. See attached photo, the red and black were used as power and the yellow is PPM. I disabled the original 36MHz TX with the link (white wire).
An SMA style antenna socket fits really nicely in the original antenna flange at the top.
Cheers,
Glenn.
Hello Glenn,, yes I know you can take PPM and power backside of trainer socket, did try it today, and it worked,,, but I want to find where the +5V PPM is inside radio, so I can take it directly there,,,, more secure.

The PPM on trainer socket is the same as battery voltage, so it varies all the time, but of course this wouldnt be a problem.

Thanks, now I can se where to solder, save me a bit trouble .

By the way, what 2,4ghz system did are you using ?
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:34 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Referring to the original few posts, this reminds me of a collage game where you dare one of your buddies to try and pickup the ugliest chick at a bar.

Still, modding stuff out that you don't have too much invested in can be pretty fun. I'll give you that.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Last edited by Wrend; Jul 19, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 05:36 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl
.... what I meant is, maybe, the motherboard's firmware needs both streams arrive in a defined "time window". If both TXs are synchronized by the PPM signal, maybe their output stream also is, and so the output stream of their respective RXs.
I measured the data that is running from the satellite to the main receiver and, at the same time, the data that the signal board of the transmitter sends to the rf board.

If I didn't measure wrong, both data streams are not in sync with each other. And the transmission speed on the transmitter (115200 Bd) is much higher than between satellite and main receiver. And it looked like even the number of transmissions per time was different. While I synchronised on the receiver data, the block of transmitter data was shifting over the screen. No fixed timing relation from one to the other.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Jul 19, 2009, 06:04 PM
Flying 3 mistakes high
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Hello Glenn,, yes I know you can take PPM and power backside of trainer socket, did try it today, and it worked,,, but I want to find where the +5V PPM is inside radio, so I can take it directly there,,,, more secure.

The PPM on trainer socket is the same as battery voltage, so it varies all the time, but of course this wouldnt be a problem.

Thanks, now I can se where to solder, save me a bit trouble .

By the way, what 2,4ghz system did are you using ?
OK, the signal is pretty secure from inside the radio
The 2.4 system is a Corona that I am evaluating for a friend.
Cheers,
Glenn.
GlennS is offline Find More Posts by GlennS
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:13 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,701 Posts
I tested one Turborix 6-channel receiver with the following protocol:
- Bind receiver + satellite to transmitter #1 - check operation of servos.
- Leave transmitter #1 on.
- Switch receiver off.
- Disconnect satellite.
- Bind receiver to transmitter #2 - check operation of servos.
- Leave transmitter #2 on.
- Switch receiver off
- Connect sattelite
- Switch receiver + satellite on.
- Check operation.

I found:
- The sattelite LED turned ON at the same time the main receiver's.
- The servos did not react to transmitter #1
- After switching transmitter #2 off, servos still did not react to transmitter #1.
- Switched transmitter #1 off (both Tx off)
- Swtiched transmitter #1 on again, still no control of servos.
- Switched transmitter #2 on, servos react to transmitter #2.

I think I understand from the above that the bind information is memorised in the main receiver and passed on to the satellite when the receiver is switched on.
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Jul 20, 2009, 02:47 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
I tested one Turborix 6-channel receiver with the following protocol:

I think I understand from the above that the bind information is memorised in the main receiver and passed on to the satellite when the receiver is switched on.

Thanks JMP_blackfoot for doing the test.

So it looks like its not possible to bind the two receivers to different transmitters at the same time. And I don't think, that two rf boards fed with identical data from one signal board will make a difference.

If nobody else has a better idea, then two rf boards in one transmitter will probably not work as two channel transmission.

Reinhard
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:35 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSt
I measured the data that is running from the satellite to the main receiver and, at the same time, the data that the signal board of the transmitter sends to the rf board.

If I didn't measure wrong, both data streams are not in sync with each other. And the transmission speed on the transmitter (115200 Bd) is much higher than between satellite and main receiver. And it looked like even the number of transmissions per time was different. While I synchronised on the receiver data, the block of transmitter data was shifting over the screen. No fixed timing relation from one to the other.

Reinhard
Hi, Reinhard

We talked about the subject of satellite data format from post#421 to post#427.

I hooked the satellite to the serial to USB interface (the same that is included with the TX for programming), and tried to see the output with realterm, but I didn't get nothing meaningful (as I reported here).

I was expecting to find something similar to the data keeptitsimple found for programming interface, at 115 kbps, but realterm reported errors, so I tried other speeds, but although realterm displayed data, I couldn't interpret it.

Maybe you can repeat the experiment with more success. Can you determine exact speed from your scope's mesurements? As you said, could be much slower than 115 kbps.

If we manage to decode this satellite output, it could lead to an improved RX motherboard design, including failsafe. I imagine the MCU at the mainboard doesn't have a lot of work to do, just comparing both satellite's ouput, decide which is best, and provide output to servos. And as JMP_blackfoot has proved, take care of the binding process.

Another question, 2nd channel of your post is "Xmt data from signal board to rf board". Shouldn't this be a PPM frame? Maybe if you use this signal as trigger, we can see if the data burst at satellite's output is somewhat related to this.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Last edited by MoFl; Jul 20, 2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:35 AM
PJG
Ad astra per alia porci
Joined Jul 2009
57 Posts
rcmodelpart

Hello group,

I have ordered a Flysky FS-CT6A combo from www.rcmodelpart.com which has departed from Hong Kong, according to the tracking. However, their website has been unavailable for several days. Today, the address brings up a Chinese web hosting site (I think, as my Cantonese or Mandarin isn't too hot...).

Does anyone have more info? If you have been, thanks for reading this post.

Best regards, PJG
PJG is offline Find More Posts by PJG
Old Jul 20, 2009, 01:39 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSt
Thanks JMP_blackfoot for doing the test.

So it looks like its not possible to bind the two receivers to different transmitters at the same time. And I don't think, that two rf boards fed with identical data from one signal board will make a difference.

If nobody else has a better idea, then two rf boards in one transmitter will probably not work as two channel transmission.

Reinhard
Ha! Wouldn't you know it - those transmitters that are being mistakenly manufactured with identical IDs could be of some use to Reinhard.
So, those of you that have that problem with multiple Txs should contact Reinhard and try to sell them to him so he can bind two Rxs to two Txs, eh?
Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jul 20, 2009, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite
Ha! Wouldn't you know it - those transmitters that are being mistakenly manufactured with identical IDs could be of some use to Reinhard.
So, those of you that have that problem with multiple Txs should contact Reinhard and try to sell them to him so he can bind two Rxs to two Txs, eh?
Walt
Hey, good point. I knew there had to be an upside to my bad luck! I've just ordered a HK tx module to use as a donor for another RF board with unique ID. Who knows, with my luck I might get another matching ID. Any way to splice in a second satellite? Then I'd have triple-redundancy! Unfortunately, at this point in the hobby, our a/c come home damaged almost exclusively due to operator error, not equipment failure, so double or triple tx/rx wouldn't be of much benefit!
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:34 PM
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Nov 2007
96 Posts
Did anyone find any information on the A7122? like a data sheet describing registers, setup commands, etc?
Wanting to know if it is possible to replace the existing MCu with an AVR or similar.
Pac3R is offline Find More Posts by Pac3R
Old Jul 20, 2009, 04:12 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite
should contact Reinhard and try to sell them to him so he can bind two Rxs to two Txs, eh?
Walt
Old Jul 20, 2009, 04:55 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
has anyone done a range test on these radios? I want to put it in my EZ star but I am concerned about the range. Especially if I put FPV camera on the plane.. Otherwise I will get a FASST radio set. and use this radio for foamies
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:29 PM
Time for another motto!
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1,413 Posts
For visual control, these are good enough. What is the point of flying beyond what you can see? With FPV you don't have that limitation, so you will quickly encounter the limit of either the uplink (not a lot of data) or the downlink (quite some data). Buying a brand name will only cost you more money, it has no guarantee that you will not encounter a range limitation, as no rc radio is made for FPV (yet). All 2.4 GHz devices have to comply with FCC regulations (or its equivalent in other countries), so there is the main limit on the range. Marketing has no influence on the range of any device, IMHO.
JelleB is offline Find More Posts by JelleB
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:02 PM
Time for another motto!
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJG
Hello group,

I have ordered a Flysky FS-CT6A combo from www.rcmodelpart.com which has departed from Hong Kong, according to the tracking. However, their website has been unavailable for several days. Today, the address brings up a Chinese web hosting site (I think, as my Cantonese or Mandarin isn't too hot...).

Does anyone have more info? If you have been, thanks for reading this post.

Best regards, PJG
why not ask him?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=267610
JelleB is offline Find More Posts by JelleB