Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:05 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite
Ha!
Sounds like we need three Rxs - oriented in all three axis, eh?
That would be ideal (and is exactly what some folks flying Spektrum on larger models do) -- but the two receivers seem to work just fine if you set them up properly.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:30 AM
Birthplace of Aviation
Joined Jul 2003
1,625 Posts
Flysky 2.4GHz modules are offered here at $36.99 including shipping.
http://www.rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=552
They also sell the 8-channel receiver for $29.99
http://www.rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=553

I need two RF PCB's for my own projects, and I found it better to order two 4-channel systems from Hobby City. Here is how I figured it:
RCModelParts: 2 Modules @ $36.99 = $73.98
HobbyCity: 2x 4-channel Tx + 2x 6-channel Rx + Shipping = $87.95

That's a mere $13.98 extra and I get what I need (2x RF PCB + antenna) plus two receivers.
JMP_blackfoot is online now Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:11 AM
Spain, PV, Las Arenas
Joined Jun 2009
132 Posts
JMP, the problem is that the 6ch RX from HK are out of stock since long time ago...also the ones at R2hobies are out of stock...
baxter is offline Find More Posts by baxter
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:30 AM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter
JMP, the problem is that the 6ch RX from HK are out of stock since long time ago...also the ones at R2hobies are out of stock...
True, but the Mode1 tx still shows lots of stock, and ships with a rx.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9041
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:49 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
513 Posts
Both mode 1, 4 ch and 6 ch, show on stock.

For hacking purposes, 4 ch is $3 cheaper...
MoFl is online now Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Jun 20, 2009, 01:39 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial
Has it been verified whether or not these Tx's can work together as a buddy system? We have a 4ch HK and a 6ch turborix and I'd like to hook them up for training if possible.
From the schematics (FCC links posted here) it seems like 4 ch is preapred for training function, and 6 ch outputs PPM signal, so I think it could be done, but it's not straightforward.

Some more info about 4 ch trainer port here.

If you're prepared to investigate, at http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/, and specifically here, there is a lot of info about several brands' trainer ports, and on how to make interfaces between different systems.

At HK forums, jsedano posted he had had success in making a trainer cable with this info.
MoFl is online now Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Jun 20, 2009, 06:07 PM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,003 Posts
Well it appears that my antenna mod did not make a difference. I experienced a radio related crash today. During the flight I took 3 or 4 hits where I did not have control, so I decided to land. On final approach I lost all control.

I don't trust this radio now. Maybe I just got a defective one? I took a look and there are no visible defects. I have attached pictures of the internals of the radio. I think I will try and return it and get a different one, unless someone has suggestions.
Xoltri is offline Find More Posts by Xoltri
Old Jun 20, 2009, 06:33 PM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoltri
Well it appears that my antenna mod did not make a difference. I experienced a radio related crash today. During the flight I took 3 or 4 hits where I did not have control, so I decided to land. On final approach I lost all control.

I don't trust this radio now. Maybe I just got a defective one? I took a look and there are no visible defects. I have attached pictures of the internals of the radio. I think I will try and return it and get a different one, unless someone has suggestions.
I'm with you, wiped out a Reactor. I have three Turboix RXs and the two I've flown with give me hits. Recommended positioning of the diversity antennae and correct Tx antenna orientation hasn't made a difference in my case.
I'd have to say after wiping out a couple of aircraft on these, suddenly the high cost of Futaba RXs isn't so bad.
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:01 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,551 Posts
Dumb question (but then I'm a dumb guy):

Both the main receiver and the satellite receiver has to bind to the transmitter, and both the main receiver and the satellite receiver has an LED to indicate when it is bound.

Are you sure both were bound, not just one?

Also, you don't end up pointing the antenna directly at the model, either? If you leave the antenna sticking straight up out of the transmitter, it's easy to end up pointing the antenna directly at the radio during flight without even knowing you're doing it.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Last edited by F-111 John; Jun 20, 2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Adding another question
Old Jun 20, 2009, 07:50 PM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,003 Posts
Yes, I can confirm that both receivers are bound. During the flight I tried the TX antenna orientated both parallel with the face of the radio and perpendicular with the face of the radio and it didn't seem to make a difference. I experienced hits both ways. When I lost control the TX antenna was perpendicular to the face of the radio (pointing to the sky). The plane was about 600 feet away and about 60 feet up.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:01 PM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
Xoltri,

Could you share more info on your setup? How is the rx powered? How many servos are you running? Do you have a capacitor installed to buffer high current peaks from the servos? These hits, were they a complete loss of control for 2-3 seconds, or just short glitches like older fm system?
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:11 PM
aka Anthony
Edmonton, Alberta
Joined Jul 2002
1,003 Posts
I have an E-Sky EK2-0600a speed controller and the receiver is powered off of the BEC. I'm running 7 cell KAN950's on the Speed 400 can motor and there are 2 servos on this plane. I don't have any capacitors, never heard of anyone doing that.

The hits last for 1-3 seconds, long enough for me to notice. The servos will hold whatever position they were in last when this happens, or the ESC will cut out entirely and I have to give it minimum throttle to reset it while in the air.

The main receiver's antenna was horizontal pointing to the back of the plane. The satellite antenna pointed towards the sky and was mounted on the opposite side of the fuselage.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:29 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
I configure my FlySky receivers so that the main antenna runs parallel to the wing-span and the satellite sits vertical. Never had any problems with that setup.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:34 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John

I did post a link to the Vista drivers earlier in this thread, however.
I downloaded the vista drivers from prolifics website . and I still cant get the
6tconfig to connect to the radio on 2 different vista machines due to driver problems.. I wish there were drivers and software for FS-CT6A radio to run on a MacBook Pro (intel based) ..
anyone know of anything like that?
TIA
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:58 AM
Poland
Joined May 2009
81 Posts
Hi All !
I have some good news !!
I wrote small PC Windows application enables using oryginal USB communication cable for 6CH HK radio with any flight simulator, and it WORK !!!. This app work as virtual joystick in conjunction with PPJOY, and use RS232 (real or USB) connection to trx. This solution work much more better than SmartPropo, and maybe better than PPM simulator cables.
My application need some more time to ready, some errors handling must be done, but I think, that should be ready since few days.
mis_b is offline Find More Posts by mis_b