FCC report on flysky
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2009, 02:39 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Interesting .... the schematic from the FCC report doesn't seem to match my radio"s trainer connector, either. For example, in the FCC report schematic the shell of the connector is wired to a signal, and there doesn't seem to be a transistor present to amplify the output signal - this doesn't look like it matches either the 4 or the 6 channel radio. Also, I notice that there are a bank of switches that may include 4 servo reversing switches on my radio - but they are not shown on the external photos. Maybe these FCC files are a mix of information about the 4 channel radio and the 6 channel radio - and maybe other radios, as well.
Strange, eh?
Guess we will need to double check all details against the radios we have in out hands before we can believe them.

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Last edited by Kokopeli; Jun 03, 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2009, 10:21 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite
Interesting .... the schematic from the FCC report doesn't seem to match my radio"s trainer connector, either. For example, in the FCC report schematic the shell of the connector is wired to a signal, and there doesn't seem to be a transistor present to amplify the output signal - this doesn't look like it matches either the 4 or the 6 channel radio.
Walt
Walt,

Re-read the schematic again. The shell is connected to ground. The schematic calls the shell of J6 (trainer port) pin 3, and is connected to pin 5 of CON3. CON3 connects to CON2, and pin 5 of CON2 is ground.
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Jun 03, 2009, 11:02 PM
I enjoy the voices
Perth, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
Walt,

Re-read the schematic again. The shell is connected to ground. The schematic calls the shell of J6 (trainer port) pin 3, and is connected to pin 5 of CON3. CON3 connects to CON2, and pin 5 of CON2 is ground.
Guys, what's the verdict - is the wiring below correct? If not I'll correct my guide. And is the sim pins the same for the 4 channel and 6 channel (except that 4 channel won't have the RS232 connections)?
Lead Wings is offline Find More Posts by Lead Wings
Last edited by Lead Wings; Jun 03, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2009, 12:48 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Lead Wings, that is correct for the 6 ch model, but not the 4 ch one.

There are several posts about it, but I compiled the info here.

Common point for both of them is PPM signal at upper left pin, siutable for "universal" PPM to USB cords (although it's TTL -5 V- level on 6 ch mdel and 12V -battery- level on 4 ch model)

I'd suggest to change the description on page 7, as itg's not a transistor, but a regulator.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Jun 04, 2009, 01:08 AM
I enjoy the voices
Perth, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl

Common point for both of them is PPM signal at upper left pin, siutable for "universal" PPM to USB cords (although it's TTL -5 V- level on 6 ch mdel and 12V -battery- level on 4 ch model)

I'd suggest to change the description on page 7, as itg's not a transistor, but a regulator.
Thanks MoFl. Interesting that they chose to boost it up to 12V on the 4 channel.

Ive updated the doc with bits and pieces from the last few posts. Thanks all for your input
Lead Wings is offline Find More Posts by Lead Wings
Old Jun 04, 2009, 04:01 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
OK, just did some more tests and as far as I ascertain, here goes:

1) Polarity does not make any difference.
2) Number of channels can be 2 to at least 7 (3 to 8 pulses - I don't have a transmitter with higher number)
3) Synch interval can be fixed (I have tested from 9 ms down to 3.2 ms) or variable (PPM sequence fixed at 20 or 22 ms).
Lead Wings: I see you're including this info in your guide.

As the Flysky module for Flysky-Imax-Turingy 9 ch (8 ch in 2.4 GHz mode) also uses the same RF PCB, I think we can say it admits also 8 channel (9 pulses).

Also, I see you're including FCC schematics. If you want, for the next version, you can also add the schematics I posted here, with the new version of TX module (FCC's seem an older one, with a different MCU), and also the schematics for the receivers.
Old Jun 04, 2009, 07:18 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl

Thanks MoFl for chiming in - I couldn't have integrated our past discussion with this thread that well.
Is it Q6 you are referring to (now on page 9) - is it a regulator?

Walt
Old Jun 04, 2009, 08:24 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
No, I meant the photo now at the beginning of page 5.

Q6 (pg 9) is a transistor, the regulator shown in the foto of pg 5 is U3 in the schematic of pg 9
Old Jun 04, 2009, 09:29 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Does anyone know if the 3.3v regulator in the Rx is a 'low voltage dropout' regulator?
The 2.5v regulator must be because it is fed by the 3.3v regulator.
Of course, what I am getting at is what is the voltage range allowed, for the Rx battery.

Walt

I guess I should experiment to find the lowest voltage that works, eh?
Last edited by Kokopeli; Jun 04, 2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2009, 06:01 AM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite
Does anyone know if the 3.3v regulator in the Rx is a 'low voltage dropout' regulator?
It is LDO indeed.
The datasheet of the TF6206 series gives a maximum dropout voltage of 0.24V at 100mA current for the 3.3V regulator.
See page 2 of the attached datasheet (Dropout voltage - 2.6V<Vout<3.3V).
This means it should be okay down to 3.6V or thereabouts.
The same regulator is used in the transmitter RF module and I found that it stopped working correctly at 3.82V in mine. But then the current drawn is higher.
Accordingly, I would not trust it on a single LiPo cell.
You may find otherwise with low drain servos
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Last edited by JMP_blackfoot; Jun 05, 2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2009, 06:16 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Thanks blackfoot:
Since I will also be using it on a sailboat, "low drain servos" are not an option. The sail servo is a BIG honker. And when the wind blows hard it works hard and constantly. I guess it is time to experiment with my A123 2s batteries - not as high voltage as LiPos but much lower internal resistance.
My foamies will be no problem in any case - I never use 1s. I guess for that application I should be looking at the capabilities of the BEC in the ESC.
Walt Bankes

Just measured the current to the Rx with no servos attached.
70 to 80 ma
Last edited by Kokopeli; Jun 05, 2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2009, 05:38 PM
SansHeli
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
13 Posts
TurBORIX 6/FlySky sim cable & AeroFly Pro Deluxe

I purchased a FlySky sim cable (FMS version) from DX DealExtreme and although it says "4-8 ch" I only seem to be able to get 4 channels out of it into AeroFly.

I need that 5th chan for collective pitch for the Heli sym in ST-1 so that I can fly inverted.

I have played around with the radio and pitch/power curves and all is good there.

Has anybody successfully done this or have any suggestions as to what else I can try?

SansHeli
SansHeli is offline Find More Posts by SansHeli
Old Jun 05, 2009, 09:11 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SansHeli
I purchased a FlySky sim cable (FMS version) from DX DealExtreme and although it says "4-8 ch" I only seem to be able to get 4 channels out of it into AeroFly.

I need that 5th chan for collective pitch for the Heli sym in ST-1 so that I can fly inverted.

I have played around with the radio and pitch/power curves and all is good there.

Has anybody successfully done this or have any suggestions as to what else I can try?

SansHeli
AFAIK those Dealextreme USB cords only encode the four primary channels. They will work on 8 channel radios, but only send four channels to the sim program.
F-111 John is online now Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Jun 05, 2009, 09:18 PM
Joined Oct 2004
445 Posts
Lead Wings,
Thanks for posting this! Straightforward enough even I can follow it!
adamdb is offline Find More Posts by adamdb