HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2009, 03:26 PM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFFF
abbydawn,

I think the push to get the TX to run on 2s lipos has to do with finding a 3s pack that will fit in the battery compartment. I have been looking for a 3s pack that will fit for sometime, but most packs over 800mah won't fit inside.

What brand is your 1600mah 3s lipo and where did you get it? I would love to buy a pack for my Flysky TX.

Thanks,
BlueFFF
Here is a 2200 that many are using.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RC-Futaba-3PK-Tra...3A1%7C294%3A50
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2009, 04:05 PM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
The transmitter was originally designed for FM, were the RF (35/36, 40/41 or 72 MHz) required the 8 cells. Conversion to 2.4GHz is an afterthought and the designer/manufacturer wanted to keep things compatible so the user could switch between regular FM and 2.4GHz.The 2.4GHz RF only needs 5V as I have ascertained (Its buil-in regulators work down to 3.8~3.9V). The encoder board should work down to even lower, but 5V is where both are most confortable. In short, The manufacturer has arranged to have a 5V system live in a 9.6V house.

Well... Actually, with the original 5V regulators, as long as the power supply voltage is above that required for proper operation of the regulators, current drawn is the same. 3S or 2S Lipo's will be discharged at the same rate and will give the same operating time, as will incidentally the 4 NiMh cells I use (providing they are all the same mAh rating - 2100 mAh for example). The advantage of 2S over 3S is that the regulators won't heat up as much, take up less room and they are cheaper solution. But certainly don't expect 3S to last any longer than 2S of the same mAh, unless the original regulators are replaced with switching regulators.
JMP, I'm having a hard time rationalizing your comparison. Using ohms law could you illustrate why there would be no time difference. P= EI, but how does one bring time into the equation? That's my dilema!
With 2s I think I read somewhere the TX red battery light stays on and there were mods to the circuitry to change indicators. Renns may want to pursue if using 2s.
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old May 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydawn
JMP, I'm having a hard time rationalizing your comparison. Using ohms law could you illustrate why there would be no time difference. P= EI, but how does one bring time into the equation? That's my dilema!
I tried to explain it in this post.

Basically, with linear regulators (the kind installed in this radio), Iin=Iout, and excess power is wasted into heat:
Pin=Vin*Iin=(Vin-Vout)*Iin+Vout*Iin=Vdrop*Iin+Vout*Iin=Pheat+Pout
Time(h)=BatteryCapacity(MAh)/Iin(mA)
So, for a given system (given Iin) and a same capacity (mAh), same time (regardless Vin)

An alternative would be switching regulators. These act as "power transformers" with high efficiency, so they tend to approach Pout=Pin.

Iin this case: Pout=Iout*Vout=Pin=Vin*Iin, so Iin=Iout*Vout/Vin=Pout/Vin

For a given Pout, higher Vin => lower Iin, so time=Capacity/Iin would increase.

But this is not the case of the unmodified system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydawn
With 2s I think I read somewhere the TX red battery light stays on and there were mods to the circuitry to change indicators. Renns may want to pursue if using 2s.
Some calculations for the mod at this post.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Last edited by MoFl; May 24, 2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old May 25, 2009, 05:26 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,374 Posts
Conrad Electronic now has a computerized 6ch System, where the RX looks the same:

http://www.conrad.de/goto.php?artikel=206501

Manual:
http://www2.produktinfo.conrad.com/d...e_en_fr_nl.pdf
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old May 25, 2009, 07:54 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Not only the RX.

From the manual, it seems it can be programmed from the on board LCD and PC.

The PC program menus are the same, AND the 2.4 GHz module shown in one of the photos is the same as Flysky's.

Also, although the joystick's mechanics are different from Turborix-Flysky 6 ch, they look like Flysky-Turingy 9ch ones (photo from link at richardmrazek's post)

So maybe we have a new Flysky model... 6 channel, LCD screen, programmable either form PC or from TX.

What I can't find is the possibility to change between different model memories from TX controls...
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old May 25, 2009, 08:43 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,374 Posts
Quote:
What I can't find is the possibility to change between different model memories from TX controls...
I assume there aren't any...
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old May 25, 2009, 09:59 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl
The PC program menus are the same, AND the 2.4 GHz module shown in one of the photos is the same as Flysky's.
Looks like they at least fixed one typo. The Mode screen now says "Mode 1, Mode 2" etc, instead of "Model 1, Model 2..." as it does on the t6config.exe program.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old May 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
Vintage Flyer
Treasure Island, FL
Joined Jan 2002
553 Posts
Can anyone give me the Flysky TX module/pcb dimensions, or tell me if it can fit into a Futaba TX Module case?

FenceMagnet is offline Find More Posts by FenceMagnet
Old May 25, 2009, 10:57 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceMagnet
Can anyone give me the Flysky TX module/pcb dimensions, or tell me if it can fit into a Futaba TX Module case?

Long discussion about using the FlySky tx as a hack module, starting at Post #81

Take note that the PPM signal from your radio will probably have to go through a resistor divider network to get it down to 3.3.V PP.

Read the thread thoroughly and you'll get the idea, along with what others did to do the same thing.

Also look at the photograph attchments for the module size. It's rather small.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old May 25, 2009, 11:42 AM
Vintage Flyer
Treasure Island, FL
Joined Jan 2002
553 Posts
Thanks!!
FenceMagnet is offline Find More Posts by FenceMagnet
Old May 25, 2009, 05:52 PM
The Netherlands, OV, Almelo
Joined Sep 2008
80 Posts
I think this "Modelcraft" or whatever brand will soon be available on Ebay for half the price of conrad

They actually created a custom LCD display for the flysky TX... wow

Probably they use a separate LCD/Config controller..., because that would be the easyest.

regards
keepitsimple is offline Find More Posts by keepitsimple
Old May 27, 2009, 06:04 PM
Joined Aug 2008
9 Posts
Hello

I have just recived my HC 6ch system, nice thing is that antena wires are long [about 15cm long each], 8xAA nimh fix well but flap will need some tape because it is easy to open it.

After little bit of time with my laptop i'm close to know everything about programing this radio but i have one problem:

Out of box everything was ok, all 6ch were working, after some programing i have problem ...

I use acro type of model, after connection only 1-4ch are on bars, ch 5-6 are not moving. I don't know why ... I can't set ch 5 or 6 in VR A or VR B, i have there only null to chose ... End points are 100 everywhere ...

Any idea ?

Edit:

wasp.set didn't help ... maybe anyone else would share *.set file for 6ch airplane ?
ertman_176 is offline Find More Posts by ertman_176
Last edited by ertman_176; May 27, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:35 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,600 Posts
When I had trouble, just because something appears to say it is set at 0% or 100% or -100% doesn't really mean it is. I manually redid all the settings, and then things started working like it ought to. So I suspect that in some cases the variables weren't being initialized even though the screen said it was.
I also remember having to assign a channel to a switch as well.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old May 28, 2009, 03:18 AM
I enjoy the voices
Perth, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by com210
Looks like we can add my JR X347 to the growing list of Turborix 2.4 Rf unit successful transplant recipients. It all went very well. All I had to do to make it all fit was to move one of my channel pots for the 2.4 antenna. I made up the 5V reg using the best chip I could find (high efficiency and very low drop out type) and the voltage divider for the PPM signal.
Com210, you still following this thread? I'm interested in the resistor values you used for your resistor bridge. What did you assume the starting voltage for the JR was, and what voltage did you target for the PPM signal (3.3V?)
Lead Wings is offline Find More Posts by Lead Wings
Old May 28, 2009, 08:03 AM
Bouvard Western Australia
Joined Feb 2009
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Wings
Com210, you still following this thread? I'm interested in the resistor values you used for your resistor bridge. What did you assume the starting voltage for the JR was, and what voltage did you target for the PPM signal (3.3V?)
Lead Wings, I used the exact same divider as the turborix one, consisting of R14 R49 and R50. You can see it here thanks to MoFl.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...967207&page=16
Starting voltage? I assume you mean the JR ppm voltage. I measured it at about 5v which if my memory serves me was about the same as the turborix ppm voltage before the divider.
com210 is offline Find More Posts by com210