SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2009, 10:37 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
So, whats the best way to run the long antennas?
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2009, 10:53 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
Yup. I agree. For me, it is about $3 more to buy from HK. I buy tons of stuff from HK. But, $3 is $3. I go where it is the cheapest.
AJ
With the Prolific PL2303 USB driver for Vista available as a free download, I don't see why the "Vista" cable should cost more than the "XP" cable. It's just a different driver, no?
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old May 12, 2009, 11:54 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
With the Prolific PL2303 USB driver for Vista available as a free download, I don't see why the "Vista" cable should cost more than the "XP" cable. It's just a different driver, no?
Since drivers are right in the heart of what I have done for many, many years, I can assure you that your assessment is right on. Not that it matters, but, the Vista driver works on all previous versions too.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old May 13, 2009, 12:20 AM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8
So, whats the best way to run the long antennas?
You want to have the "free" ends of the antennas (the last 30 mm) at a 90 angle to each other
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old May 13, 2009, 12:34 AM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
You want to have the "free" ends of the antennas (the last 30 mm) at a 90 angle to each other

Thanks!!
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
Old May 13, 2009, 01:14 PM
Joined Jul 2004
103 Posts
What the-rf power of the-4ch?
According to the the-fcc-4ch this 10mw:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

According to the the-fcc-6ch this 100mw:
https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf
Should be both the same module, then there is a difference rf power?
dav12 is offline Find More Posts by dav12
Old May 13, 2009, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2004
263 Posts
Just got my 6ch setup from snhobbies. The rx was loose inside the box with the tx, and the antenna from the main rx was broken off on arrival. Looks like I'll need to disassemble and repair the new purchase before testing :-(
renns is offline Find More Posts by renns
Old May 13, 2009, 02:25 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyj3
Guys, they would have nothing to gain here but a bad repetition. I can't imagine all of this being developed by many people around the world. The logistics would be a night mare.

If you want to do this, design your own encoder and have a go. The current TurboIX lacks to much hardware to make it feasible to do what you want to do. By the time you get the TurboIX hardware where you want it, you have designed a complete transmitter.

Dan
I agree, this Tx is a step forward but one has to make a comparrison. The big comparrison is that it has been filling a gap between the cheap wFly, Walkera, Esky etc RTF transmitters, that have some dip switches, maybe some dials to something that can allow full pitch/throttle curves, programmable (limited) switch, knob mixing. for less than $75 rx/tx combo.

I've read how people who get the 6channel Tx w/ their Xheli helicopters whine about no display. But if you compare it to the Esky and Walkera stock radios, it's way more configurable. I just happened to have an Esky and Walkera Tx that came w/ RTF helis, The Esky is now a buddy box since the Rx worked w/ my Futaba, and the Walkera is now in my GWS Slow stick replaced by another spare Esky Rx. The Xheli blueray w/ the Flysky is still being used stock. Once I set it up, I just left it and did not need the LCD. Now, when Flysky sells HC, the Flysky Tx module, it would be better to get the LCD version. The extra what $50 is worth it.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old May 13, 2009, 02:50 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,373 Posts
My Turborix arrived today, too.

The quality is ok. I modded the R30 with a 8k4 resistor, bridged the battery diode, and I put shrinking tubes around the antennas where they exit the RX case. The RX does not accept Futaba plugs, dremeling is neccessary.
The USB cable seems to be of inferior quality, as it only works after lots of bending at the plug case.
Once I got it to work, programming is easy.

I checked whether the unused reverse switch solder pads can be made to work, but I was not sucessful, when I soldered a 3k2 resistor in various positions.
So I will have to install small double row switches, that switch the poti connection cables.
I put the TX in another room, and fired up a Fasst and a Jeti transmitter right next to the recievers, but I could not notice any effect.

When the RX does not get a signal, all channels stay in hold, but channel 3 cuts the signal. This is good, as it will make most ESC's stop.

The satellite RX is no fake. The system works if only the main RX does not get a signal.

So far, I am quite satisfied for the money.

Does anyone know, how to make the knobs move channel 5 and 6?
Right out of the box, this worked, but once connected via USB, I could not get the knobs to do anything...

Cheers,

Julez
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old May 13, 2009, 02:59 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
My Turborix arrived today, too.

The quality is ok. I modded the R30 with a 8k4 resistor, bridged the battery diode, and I put shrinking tubes around the antennas where they exit the RX case. The RX does not accept Futaba plugs, dremeling is neccessary.
The USB cable seems to be of inferior quality, as it only works after lots of bending at the plug case.
Once I got it to work, programming is easy.

I checked whether the unused reverse switch solder pads can be made to work, but I was not sucessful, when I soldered a 3k2 resistor in various positions.
So I will have to install small double row switches, that switch the poti connection cables.
I put the TX in another room, and fired up a Fasst and a Jeti transmitter right next to the recievers, but I could not notice any effect.

When the RX does not get a signal, all channels stay in hold, but channel 3 cuts the signal. This is good, as it will make most ESC's stop.

The satellite RX is no fake. The system works if only the main RX does not get a signal.

Right out of the box, this worked, but once connected via USB, I could not get the knobs to do anything...

Cheers,

Julez
To use the knobs to do channels 5 and 6, use the mixing function.
Here is a mixing function that the Xheli bluerays use to have the VR(B) (Left) knob adjust the channel 5 gyro gain:

Set the dial function to Null first. (VR(B) in this example)
Mix1 [use VR(B) as gyro gain control]
Source VRB
Des Ch5
Up rate 100
Down rate 100
Switch On
Old May 13, 2009, 04:24 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez

Cheers,

Julez
Put the attached program in the transmitter. It has ch 5 and 6 working with the knobs. Change the extension to .SET from .DOC
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old May 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
If you load that file, it will erase what ever you had before.
Save what you have first.

BTW, you need to hit "get user"before you change anything on the program or you will lose what is already programmed in.
Once you change something (anything) it will load what the PC has into the Tx. This process messes things up for people.

Open T6config
Select com port.
Verify communications by moving sticks and look at the bars at the top.
Hit GetUser
Save your config
Then you can load something else to look at it.
Old May 13, 2009, 10:59 PM
I enjoy the voices
Perth, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
I see HC are now selling the 6 channels for US$33. Can't see who will buy the 4 channel when you can get a 6 channel with more functionality for only $3 more:

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=9041
Lead Wings is offline Find More Posts by Lead Wings
Last edited by Lead Wings; May 14, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old May 14, 2009, 03:26 AM
The Netherlands, OV, Almelo
Joined Sep 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
This process messes things up for people
Hello,

I think one should always use following procedure:

- Setup one of your models, e.g. your mustang.
- If you think that the modelsetup is somewhat acceptable , save these settings in e.g. "mustang.set".
- Every time you improve the mustang settings , save them in "mustang.set".
- Now you can freely setup any other model and save settings in e.g. "other.set"
- If you are going fly with the mustang again, just "open mustang.set" to configure your TX for the mustang.

What I want to say:

- Do not use the TX as a storage device.
- Alway store acceptable settings on the PC in a ".set" file.
- You can than freely "mess things up" in the TX.....

regards from hans
keepitsimple is offline Find More Posts by keepitsimple
Old May 14, 2009, 10:25 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Wings
I see HC are now selling the 6 channels for US$33. Can't see who will buy the 4 channel when you can get a 6 channel with more functionality for only $3 more:

]
ppl who want a flysky tx module for their turnigy 9X

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac