HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
Joined Apr 2009
11 Posts
can you use a stock $30 hk with flihgt sim? dose it not having a trainer switch mean that it can't be used to operate another transmitor or another transmitor can't operate it?
thanks Ken
ken ben is offline Find More Posts by ken ben
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:15 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba
Thanks. Anyone would be interested in 49 feet and 8 inches of that cable?
http://www.pasternack.com/Pdf/PE-047SR.pdf
Now that is funny stuff. ROFLAMO
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Apr 18, 2009, 09:31 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
im having a heck of time programming this thing. the software that comes with it has been incredibly flakey.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:08 PM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek
im having a heck of time programming this thing. the software that comes with it has been incredibly flakey.
Would you be able to run Keepitsimple's PC program, way ahead of T6config:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=390
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:16 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
im trying but it crashes on my vista system. im going to try on my lt
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:25 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
ok i got the sw working. this is much better and more stable then the t6 config crap. not i just gotta figure out how to program this thing. im programming in a trex 450 clone. the idle up, sub time, travel adjustments and especially the throttle curves, pitche curves, mixing and dr have me really perplex. i know i ahve a lot to learn.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:16 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
got keep it simples version working... much better!

now perhaps you guys can help me with the radio programming? I'm able to give some more specific questions now. I got my heli in the air and the radio seems to work pretty well but eats up nimh aa batteries like crazey! If fully charged I only get a green indicator for about 10 miunutes before it starts flashing into orange.

question 1:
Does the pitch dial control both tail pitch and main blade pitch? or does this dial control heli orientation pitch? dont get this one and am thinking of disabling it.

question 2:
can you help me program for this gyro?
http://manuals.hobbico.com/hmx/hmxm1012-manual.pdf
I don't quite understand how to ake the following adjustments:
EPA / ATV (Tail Rotor): 70% (Left) / 70% (Right)
Dual Rate: 100% (Left) / 100% (Right)
Exponential: − 40% (Left) / − 40% (Right)
Trim Step (Tail Rotor Trim): set to 1 after initial fl ight
Gain: Normal 45% (AVCS), Idleup1 45% (AVCS), and Idleup2
45% (AVCS)

qould appriciate any advice - thanks!

bonus questions: has anyone tested the idle up and dual rate settings? I havn't ventured that far into the setup yet but have found that the default throttle curves make no sense and appear to be totally random numbers. perhaps comm issues when programming with the t6 config.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:10 PM
Monterrey, Mexico
Joined Jan 2007
45 Posts
Battery charge led indicator on transmitter

[QUOTE=captaingeek]got keep it simples version working... much better!

. . . . work pretty well but eats up nimh aa batteries like crazey! If fully charged I only get a green indicator for about 10 miunutes before it starts flashing into orange. . . . .

For the "problem of the green light turning to orange in 10 Min. Look for the post 241 of MoFl in this thread. You will see that the value of R30 is set for (1.5V) Carbon Batts, not for lower voltage (1.2V) MiMh or NiCads. If you put a 39K resistor in parallel with R30 you will get the correct indication for the leds of the transmitter. To do this is very triky to say the least, if you do not have experience with soldering this microcomponents you will trash the whole thing.

I recomend to ignore the color of the leds, and use the transmitter for 1 to 2 hours between charges. I include pictures of my transmitter (apparently the pics did't upload) fixed for a red led when the NiMhs reach 0.95 Volts/cell, in this fashion the green led lasts for more than 3 hours.
[IMG]
kinkon is offline Find More Posts by kinkon
Last edited by kinkon; Apr 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Apparently photos didn't upload
Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:10 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
i got some help on the programming in the exi 450 thread. good stuff there if anyone's setting up a heli.

im more concerned about the heli's range / performance then the color or the light. i suppose if its yellow then its still pretty good range wise. i havn't seen it turn red yet but i suppose it will start flickering when it gets that low. thanks guys.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:21 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
im more concerned about the heli's range / performance then the color or the light. i suppose if its yellow then its still pretty good range wise. i havn't seen it turn red yet but i suppose it will start flickering when it gets that low. thanks guys.
You don't have worry about the range: Power from the battery is converted to +5Volts (2 regulators, one for MCU and another for 2.5 GHz unit), and voltage regulators won't have problems as soon as battery voltage is above 7 Volts. So range will be exactly the same no matter if battery voltage is 12V or 7V.

On HF transmitters the case it's not the same, because usually battery voltage feeds directly the final RF stages (RF amplifier), so RF power depends heavily on battery voltage, but this is not the case in these flysky 2.4 GHz systems. In fact, the +5volts are converted again down to 3.3 volts in the RF module before they reach the final amplifier, this gives chance to a battery saving mod, as I said in post#565

In this situation, the battery light mod (post#241) makes sense because what itīs important is not a high voltage level (as RF power is independant), but how far (or near) you are from the 7V limit, because below this, the +5V regulator could start to have problems to stabilize MCU's voltage.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Last edited by MoFl; Apr 23, 2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:10 AM
Joined Apr 2009
2 Posts
Hi, just stupid question, i have some cheap rx and tx quartz system, and i'm going to take this cheap unglitch HK 2.4ghz, my question is when i put off my tx when all is setup, my low cost ESC, those with sound start to beep, and that very helpful if you have lost your plane, and you cant see where is it, but this function doesn't work with my other rx which is a synthesized one, when i put off whith the same tx it's not beep like the other one does, so my query is with this RX & TX HK 4ch HK system, will my esc (the sound come i think from the motor ...) when i put off on tx will still beeping ? i Hope this question have not been posted yet, cause i dont check all page and i hope someone can understand what i mean and can reply me, and sorry for my english ^^
-=Chuck=- is offline Find More Posts by -=Chuck=-
Old Apr 23, 2009, 09:57 AM
Joined Apr 2009
6 Posts
I've searched through all 41 pages here, but can't find an answer to the following question. Are the connectors on the Turborix 6ch TX (those connecting the main board to the switches and joysticks) detachable or have they been glued or soldered in place?

I ask because I've tried prying them off and they don't seem to want to come loose.
zenoshrdlu is offline Find More Posts by zenoshrdlu
Old Apr 23, 2009, 01:23 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
I'm afraid they're soldered in place.

And be carefull if you try to unsolder them, specifically at the 2.4 GHz module. This is a multi layer PCB and it's easy to destroy the via (conductive layer inside the hole) which connects to an inner layer (this has happened, look at post#372).

You shouldn't have these problems with mainboard, as it's a single layer PCB.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Apr 23, 2009, 01:59 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Chuck=-
Hi, just stupid question, i have some cheap rx and tx quartz system, and i'm going to take this cheap unglitch HK 2.4ghz, my question is when i put off my tx when all is setup, my low cost ESC, those with sound start to beep, and that very helpful if you have lost your plane, and you cant see where is it, but this function doesn't work with my other rx which is a synthesized one, when i put off whith the same tx it's not beep like the other one does, so my query is with this RX & TX HK 4ch HK system, will my esc (the sound come i think from the motor ...) when i put off on tx will still beeping ? i Hope this question have not been posted yet, cause i dont check all page and i hope someone can understand what i mean and can reply me, and sorry for my english ^^
sounds like your asking if the motor will still beep after a crash if you turn the receiver off. that's totally dependant upon your esc.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 02:16 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
sounds like your asking if the motor will still beep after a crash if you turn the receiver off. that's totally dependant upon your esc.
Sounded to me like he was asking if the receiver continues to put out a servo pulse after the TX is turned off. If it does, then his ESC won't beep. If the servo pulses stop when the TX is turned off (like they do on older 72 MHz FM gear without failsafe) then his ESC will beep.

Not having a Hobby King/Turnigy 2.4 GHz receiver, I can not answer the question.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John