HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:07 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Strambino
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
Thanks dave1993 for your help! Actually I found the full diagram via thread tools menu of this web-page.
There is the command strip on the top of each page - click on Thread Tools - select show attachments in this thread - and somewhere in the middle of page one you will find few boxes with HK-6T diagram. Everywhere R32 is marked as R23 - hope that this is only one mistake in scheme : )
...but I didn't find the way how to move from the image to the corresponding post... in the preivious version of rcgroups it was some hyperlink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
somewhere in the thread is a link to the FCC website where flysky published it's schematics.
Here there are:
Schematics.

Willy
willy163 is offline Find More Posts by willy163
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:19 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Sep 2010
143 Posts
Page 332 post #4980 has the diagram
For what it's worth, here is my updated circuit diagram of the CT6B with my notes on it. I'm using 2 18630 2300mAh cells to power the Tx. I agree that some of the parts are mislabeled on the board. Following the tracks through to a known point (eg a pin on the e prom) helps.
I did the same search as Everest to find it, but it only copied the small version, to hard to read!.
The FCC schematics are a bit nebulous though.

PS. this modified diagram is in page 3 of the thread search, down in the lower 1/3.
KIWINB is offline Find More Posts by KIWINB
Last edited by KIWINB; Jun 07, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Hello,

Has anyone had any luck getting the HK-T6A to work with a simulator such as FMS or Deskpilot. I have been searching and installed all sorts of programs but nothing seems to work. I am able to program my TX via Digital Radio but are unable to get it to communicate with any flight sim programs. I am running windows 7.

Regards,
Chris
stilly1984 is offline Find More Posts by stilly1984
Old Jun 18, 2012, 09:55 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Strambino
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly1984 View Post
Hello,

Has anyone had any luck getting the HK-T6A to work with a simulator such as FMS or Deskpilot. I have been searching and installed all sorts of programs but nothing seems to work. I am able to program my TX via Digital Radio but are unable to get it to communicate with any flight sim programs. I am running windows 7.

Regards,
Chris
Yes.
Simplest way is to buy a cable to directly convert PPM signal into joystick commands (virtual joystick driver is included with the cable).
Otherwise, if you want to use programming cable, you have to install T6SIM (search in this thread) and ppjoy.
Tell us if you need information on which way you choose.

Willy.
willy163 is offline Find More Posts by willy163
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilly1984 View Post
Hello,

Regards,
Chris
Click the How to
http://www.mycoolheli.com/t6config.html
YOu can use T6SIM or just get the flysky cable linked.
I have NOT tried this myself with win7
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Hi,
where can I find information about the channel assignment at the RX6A receiver, there is nothing in the manual!
CH1
CH2
CH3
CH4
CH5
CH6
Aileron
Elevator
Throttle
Rudder
Aux
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Last edited by snapper1234; Jun 20, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Ch1 Aileron
Ch2 Elevator
Ch3 Throttle
Ch4 Rudder
CH5
Ch6 (Pitch on helicopter)

Ch5 is mixed using a mix and a variable knob.
CH6 can also be mixed or is the collective Pitch in Heli Mode.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:26 PM
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2008
620 Posts
I bought the HK T6A a long time ago...and have the usb cable and prog on my computer to program it.

Here's what I want to do...and hopefully someone can help me do it

I now have a set of Fat Shark Dominator FPV goggles and have a futaba buddy cord that can be used on transmitters like the Futaba 9CAP or with another cord can be used with Turnigy 9x or Frysky 9x to be able to utilize the Factory option head tracking module . and provide pan an tilt for the FPV camera.

Since the T6A has 6 channels...and can do elevon mixing (which I need on most of my planes--the others are Rudder-aileron-elev-motor)... I would >like< to be able to A) use a cord (perhaps the turnigy cord would work) and plug into the back of the T6A and use channels 5 and 6 for pan and tilt .

This may be a far reach for the T6a as I understand the head tracking channels have to be 'assigned' and is why it take the transmitters like the Turnigy 9x or the 9CAP to do this.

Maybe someone knows if this is 'doable' without too much modification.

B)Also I would like to be able to use both of the knobs on 5 and 6 ....and wire in an auxilary transmitter gimble attached to the side of the transmitter to operate ch 5 and 6 proportionally on that gimble (for a suedo fpv pan and tilt control)... Is this doable on this transmitter? Seems like I remembered something unusual about the knobs...like they didn;t work in the aircraft mode... but in heli mode only... or something weird like that.
gittarpikk is offline Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Old Jun 26, 2012, 01:22 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
The plug on the back of the T6a/b is for PPM output only. Someone here hacked into the radio to bypass the PPM from the main board to the TX module and made that work. You may only need to yank out the RF module and go directly to it. Look around in the thread for the discussion on buddy boxing 2 CT6a transmitters.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Jun 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
The plug on the back of the T6a/b is for PPM output only. Someone here hacked into the radio to bypass the PPM from the main board to the TX module and made that work. You may only need to yank out the RF module and go directly to it. Look around in the thread for the discussion on buddy boxing 2 CT6a transmitters.
Couldn't I just take a spare gimble (2 pots) and take the three wires loose from the front panel pots and run them to the two gimble pots..?...giving stick control of those two channels..? That, I think, would satisfy one way of controlling a pan and tilt...

The other way would have to be through the PPM hack to utilize the ppm output from the Fat Shark head tracker.

First method should be easy...6 wires (easily done with one piece of cat 5)

second may be so complicated that may be better just to buy a Turigy 9x or flysky 9x to save having to gut the T6Xa
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gittarpikk View Post
...First method should be easy...6 wires (easily done with one piece of cat 5)
Four wires would be enough because the pot ends are common (ground and regulated 5V)
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:17 AM
Joined Jun 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot View Post
Four wires would be enough because the pot ends are common (ground and regulated 5V)

An "AH-HA" moment!.. didn't realize that... so now, since that is possible..
Would it not be easy (electrically) to take a transmitter and set up a suedo 'flight chair" with the pots at the end of a joystick/ throtlle/rudder pedals arrangement .... with a pair of the cat 5 supplying the 5 v and ground.. (2) pair supplying the center swipes for the controls (total of 4 conductors) and last pair supplying the pan and tilt joystick controls...

(envision an FPV " Frankenmonster" chair here)

Important.... It would all be done with the lowly T6A.. which is cheap enough and easy enough to disassemble and could be mounted on a tripod or in the front of the chair and is 'expendible' rather than tear up/drill/attach a high dollar radio.

I see REAL FPV immersion piloting in the days ahead
Last edited by gittarpikk; Jun 27, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Jun 2008
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksbob View Post
That actually might not matter. Often times, the potentiometer is wired such that its fixed terminals (each end of the fixed resistive strip) are attached to ground and Vcc (whatever voltage the circuitry is running on). That way, the voltage on the wiper (the remaining center contact) varies from ground to Vcc as the potentiometer is adjusted. The value of the potentiometer would only affect how much current is wasted (flowing across the strip - lower resistance wastes more) and how much can be pulled from (or drained by) the center tap without noticeably affecting the voltage (higher draw would drag the voltage, lower potentiometer resistance would combat this effect). Since modern electronics need very little current to gauge the voltage, relatively high values such as 5k and 10k work fine.
The only parameter that might mess things up is what's known as taper. Linear taper is a constant linear change in resistance (measured from one end to the wiper) as the potentiometer moves from one end to the other. Audio taper is logarithmic, aka exponential... The resistance changes very little at one end and ramps up at the other. I can't think of any practical reason to use audio taper on stick gimbal potentiometers, so this is, in all likelyhood, a non-issue.

So to recap: If your futaba pots have 3 wires each, you should be good to go regardless of the value.
Another possible "ahah!" moment..(hopefully)

OK.. I have a Saitek X-45 gaming joystick ...that I was contemplating running through a ppm generator to input it through the buddy jack to be able to use the joystick instead of the transmitter stick...but that is expensive and I'm not sure it will do all I want.

That stated...

According to the above, the value (which is 10K for the Saitek --if I rem correctly) of the pots in the Saitek supposedly will not matter if I tie them in to replace the original transmitter pots.

I do know that I would have to come off the pot directly in the Saitek rather than somewhere post circuit board.

My thought are to use the Saitek in a suedo "flight chair" arrangement controlling all the flight functions with the Saitek...and rewire the original transmitter joysticks to possibly control the pan/tilt in FPV`

I plan to 'jack in' to the transmitter box with an ethernet jack and use an ethernet patch to run from the Saitek to the transmitter box.

Only one trouble I detect... I have not seen any more of these T6 transmitters sold recently by HobbyK. I have a T6 in good shape...and the software on my PC to program it....but for some ridiculoous reason, the cord I had attempted to save (bought from HK) has disapeared

I do not remember if the 5th and 6th channels were proportional...or were assignable to the knobs. Seems there was some quirk that allowed the knobs to be assigned only if the heli mode was used...and that had some heli mixes I cannot remember whether could be removed to use the heli mode to fly 6 channel RC plane mode.

An alternate to the joystick control of pan and tilt would be a 'red neck' neck collar/lever and pots to effect head tracking as I am not hearing much good news on a headtracker that really works without drifting...even though Fat Shark makes one especially for my Dominator FPV goggles..

Another interesting option may be to use a couple of the knobs on the Saitek for the pan an tilt... and make it fully controllable from the Saitek instead.

Is the cord still available?..
Is 5 and 6 usable , proportional?
Will this Saitek idea work?

I am looking at buying either a Turnigy 9x through HK or a Flysky through HobbyPartz. I am hoping to first use the T6 for this crazy flight chair experiment and if it works well, then but a cheapo HK or FlySky buddy box for the pots and sticks...and do the same for the 9X

Hope someone in-the-know has the time to answer these questions and offer tips..This could be quite a neat FPV project.I have thought of many times if feasible....thanks.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:27 AM
United States, DE, Newark
Joined May 2011
344 Posts
If you can't find the official programming cable, it's just a general purpose USB to TTL serial cable with a 4-pin mini-DIN connector.

I seem to recall being able to program the knobs to operate 5 and 6 via the mix programming?

Yes, wiring your Saitek pots in place of the controller's joystick pots should work, however you should try to keep the wiring short to avoid possible noise from RF interference.
iksbob is offline Find More Posts by iksbob
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:06 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
I do not remember if the 5th and 6th channels were proportional...or were assignable to the knobs. Seems there was some quirk that allowed the knobs to be assigned only if the heli mode was used...and that had some heli mixes I cannot remember whether could be removed to use the heli mode to fly 6 channel RC plane mode.
The knobs are assignable to either channels 5 & 6 (your choice for which knob goes to which channel) or as a mix to modify one or more of the other channels, and this can be done in airplane (Acro) mode.

The only drawback is that you only have a total of three mixes available to you. Assigning the knobs (or your hacked joystick which should work just fine) to channels 5 & 6 take up two of them.

Also, search through the earlier part of this thread for "t6recalibrate" for a special version of t6config or use one of the non-factory programming apps (I use HappyMan2009's) to recalibrate the knob channels to your joystick after you've made the hack.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John