Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,438 Posts
esu-ov,
Do you have a wire diagram to wire that wireless bluetooth to the DIN connector on the back?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:57 PM
Česká republika, Moravskoslezský, Ostrava
Joined Mar 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
esu-ov,
Do you have a wire diagram to wire that wireless bluetooth to the DIN connector on the back?

Pin 34 (program settings ................. No connect (only for settings R=10k to +3.6V)
esu-ov is offline Find More Posts by esu-ov
Last edited by esu-ov; May 14, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Edit: 14.5.2012
Old May 05, 2012, 05:05 AM
Aspley Guise
Joined Sep 2009
10 Posts
When the test version of Digital Radio for Android was released in August last year it worked well on my HTC Wildfire, but there have been long delays on the full release. I as very interested to see that you are bringing out a different version, but unfortunately my phone display is only 240 x 320 and as you can see, it doesn't fit the screen too well. I wondered if you had any plans to do a different resolution?
wood_side is offline Find More Posts by wood_side
Old May 05, 2012, 06:00 AM
Česká republika, Moravskoslezský, Ostrava
Joined Mar 2010
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood_side View Post
When the test version of Digital Radio for Android was released in August last year it worked well on my HTC Wildfire, but there have been long delays on the full release. I as very interested to see that you are bringing out a different version, but unfortunately my phone display is only 240 x 320 and as you can see, it doesn't fit the screen too well. I wondered if you had any plans to do a different resolution?
OK, Yes
Yes, a few days and prepare for your version of the resolution 240 x 320
esu
If you have questions use the Contact Form
esu-ov is offline Find More Posts by esu-ov
Last edited by esu-ov; May 06, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old May 09, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Sep 2011
36 Posts
Potentiometers

Hello friends.

I have an old 6ch Futaba radio, which is AM 72mhz. Today it is illegal to fly with this frequency, and the radio is dead too. I find it very interesting, and I am considering transforming it into a 2,4ghz radio.
For that, I am considering buying a HK-T6 radio to remove the boards and etc.
Unfortunately the size of the potentiometers are quite different. So I might have to stay with the original ones (5Kohms).
Does anybody know if it will work with the radio, or at least give me a clue of what potentiometer does this HK radio has?

Thank you!!!
marcio.acro is offline Find More Posts by marcio.acro
Old May 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
882 Posts
5k pots are standard on RC systems.

The cheapest entry to DIY 2.4gHz is this one, and you get a three channel receiver with failsafe on throttle channel.

Or, better, place a want ad in the 9X forums for a module - most people are swapping them out for Frsky systems. Should get one for postage and avoid them throwing away a usable unit. Make sure you get one with an intact aerial connection - not Turnigy.
Rusty Nail is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
Last edited by Rusty Nail; May 09, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old May 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, DE, Newark
Joined May 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcio.acro View Post
Unfortunately the size of the potentiometers are quite different.
That actually might not matter. Often times, the potentiometer is wired such that its fixed terminals (each end of the fixed resistive strip) are attached to ground and Vcc (whatever voltage the circuitry is running on). That way, the voltage on the wiper (the remaining center contact) varies from ground to Vcc as the potentiometer is adjusted. The value of the potentiometer would only affect how much current is wasted (flowing across the strip - lower resistance wastes more) and how much can be pulled from (or drained by) the center tap without noticeably affecting the voltage (higher draw would drag the voltage, lower potentiometer resistance would combat this effect). Since modern electronics need very little current to gauge the voltage, relatively high values such as 5k and 10k work fine.
The only parameter that might mess things up is what's known as taper. Linear taper is a constant linear change in resistance (measured from one end to the wiper) as the potentiometer moves from one end to the other. Audio taper is logarithmic, aka exponential... The resistance changes very little at one end and ramps up at the other. I can't think of any practical reason to use audio taper on stick gimbal potentiometers, so this is, in all likelyhood, a non-issue.

So to recap: If your futaba pots have 3 wires each, you should be good to go regardless of the value.
iksbob is offline Find More Posts by iksbob
Old May 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Ha!
Never thought of this until now.
You could get exponential on the throttle (or sail sheet) control by using and audio pot on a non-programmable radio.
Cool.
Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old May 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
You could get exponential on the throttle (or sail sheet) control by using and audio pot on a non-programmable radio.
actually easier than replacing pots. just solder on a resistor from center to end like the guys in micro heli do. unlike that taper trick works for the other sticks too. of course this is not necessary with the flysky radio.

btw using a flysky rf board in another case works like a charm. just got done putting one inside one of those toy heli remotes. with the er9x firmware its now my favorite radio.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old May 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
5k pots are standard on RC systems.
But keep an eye on the angle where a pot has its full resistive range.
Pots have an angle of movement of 270 degree

Standard pots use this full range for the resistive track, pots in radios often have limited the resistive track to only around 60 degrees.

Assume the pot, with its outer connectors is connected to 0 volt and 5 volt.
With the normal range of a stick you will measure a voltage range of let's say 2.0 to 3.1 volt with a standard pot and 0.5 to 4.5 volt with a radio pot.

So don't mix up these two types of pots.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old May 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
.... works for the other sticks too........
[When you read about this, think about HAL's (the computer) voice]
Sorry Dave, that will only work if you can find a tapered pot that is tapered from the middle to both ends.
[Maybe Dave is too young to remember the movie 2001?] LOL
Walt
Old May 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Reinhard:
Good point about the limited range.
Walt
Old May 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
[When you read about this, think about HAL's (the computer) voice]
Sorry Dave, that will only work if you can find a tapered pot that is tapered from the middle to both ends.
[Maybe Dave is too young to remember the movie 2001?] LOL
Walt
"open the pod bay doors hal... hal? hal?"

sorry walt, im afraid you CAN do that. pots on virtually all these remotes are linear and wiring a resistor to the ends gives an excellent and useful expo. myself and many others have done it on a v911 tx to control oversensitive yaw. id suggest a search on that thread would prove quite interesting.

similar tricks can be used to emulate the limited range issue in a pinch.
Old May 11, 2012, 04:45 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Sorry Dave (chuckle) again, you have not read the whole message.
Look at it again and you will see that I was referring to your mention that NONLINEAR pots (not resistor hacked pots) could be used on ALL other sticks - at least that is the portion of my message that you quoted.
(chuckle)
Walt
Old May 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
oops... when i said works for the other sticks i meant you can use resitors for ail, rud, and ele. not just thr. never heard of nonlinear pots in radios.

btw to get expo on thr one resistor is used, for the other sticks two. they get real fancy in the heli threads with another pot between them for adjustable rate and/or a switch for dr. personally im liking the software method these days.