HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2011, 02:15 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Strambino
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
Anyone here running T6sim? I already have other alternative Sim boxes, but I wanted to get t6sim working out of curiosity. I have it installed as well as ppjoy. In t6sim, I can get it to recognize the CT6A tx and moving the sticks moves the little tabs, but in windows, nothing moves. Windows recognizes the joystick but nothing shows its moving.
Hi Melnic.
After starting T6SIM, look at the box named "Virtual Joystick". Verify the selected joystick is the ppjoy virtual joystick you've configured and click "Reconnect".
This should work.

Willy.
willy163 is offline Find More Posts by willy163
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:37 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSnowFlyer View Post
Sure enough...the reciever wire was frayed most of the way through right were it comes out of the case. Will it adversely affect things if it is 3 mm shorter? Looks like a delicate solder job, but doable.
The wire is actually a very small coax wire - a center conductor, insulation, outer braided shield, then outter insulation.

The "antenna" is the roughly 2 inches or so of wire at the end (covered in red shrink) that has been stripped back, and the outter shield folded back. That length is critical down to the millimeter.

From that point all the way back to the receiver, the wire is just carrying the signal, and it's length is compeletely non-critical. You can cut off as much as you need to in order to re-solder it to the circuit board.

This is delicate work, because you need to solder the center conductor to one pad, and the outer shield to another pad, while not creating any shorts between center conductor and outer shield. Stripping back the two layers of the wire is by far the most delicate and hardest part.

Good luck!
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Feb 12, 2011, 09:36 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy163 View Post
Hi Melnic.
After starting T6SIM, look at the box named "Virtual Joystick". Verify the selected joystick is the ppjoy virtual joystick you've configured and click "Reconnect".
This should work.

Willy.
OK, I'd done that, My joystick name was Joystick1. I had to recalibrate in FMS. recalibrating in windows did notthing.
INstructions are a little scatterbrained for the PPjoy and T6sim but I muttled through it. It now works with FMS.

I'm gonna add a download and some links to T6sim and ppjoy here:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/CT6BHOWTO.html

My friend wanted a $20 usb tx box so we got him a ct6b instead.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:23 AM
United States, AK, McKinley Park
Joined Dec 2010
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
The wire is actually a very small coax wire - a center conductor, insulation, outer braided shield, then outter insulation.

The "antenna" is the roughly 2 inches or so of wire at the end (covered in red shrink) that has been stripped back, and the outter shield folded back. That length is critical down to the millimeter.

From that point all the way back to the receiver, the wire is just carrying the signal, and it's length is compeletely non-critical. You can cut off as much as you need to in order to re-solder it to the circuit board.

This is delicate work, because you need to solder the center conductor to one pad, and the outer shield to another pad, while not creating any shorts between center conductor and outer shield. Stripping back the two layers of the wire is by far the most delicate and hardest part.

Good luck!
Thanks! I hadn't realized it is a coax wire...my that does make the soldering delicate. I may give it a try on a day when I'm feeling very patient...fortunately I have another rx on order too.
MtnSnowFlyer is online now Find More Posts by MtnSnowFlyer
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:15 PM
Joined Sep 2009
391 Posts
Sooo...I've been talking to the digital radio guy trying to come up with a way to get a smart phone to accept, or read the serial data coming from the t6. Now the current android phones don,t host usb devices so a hard wire connection seems out of the option, unless it may be possible to use the audio jack but will require ee knowledge. So I'm thinking Bluetooth will be perfect, but I'm unsure how to hook a bluetooth tx/rx up to the t6. Any. Ideas...
losikid is offline Find More Posts by losikid
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Hi,

To program my Flysky CT6A and FlySky CT6B I'm using PalmTx with my old Handspring Treo 180, and it does not need the RS-232 converter because it has TTL levels for RS-232 and the FlySky CT6A has it too, so the connection is direct.

And would like to thanks ReSt for his excelent work.

I found out one bug in PalmTX, it causes problems with my transmiters, it's solved, if you have the configuration like mine you have to wait that ReSt publishes the next version of PalmTX.
rcaridade is offline Find More Posts by rcaridade
Last edited by rcaridade; Feb 15, 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:46 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
511 Posts
I had a quick look around and the cheapest option for using a handheld device to program the radio is an old palm device. I found two old working treos for $14 on ebay. I don't remember how much the serial cords are, but I'm sure it will be cheaper than a bluetooth to serial adapter. I have an old laptop running linux that I use to program my radio on the go.
dumb_thumbs is online now Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Feb 15, 2011, 07:05 PM
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
That a lot of talk in changing the batteries of CT6A or CT6B to use 2S batteries.

I simply bought 11.1V 3S 2200mah battery from ebay and put it inside, it fits perfectly.

It takes a lot of time to need to recharge. You can go to the field and forget the batteries problem.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:15 PM
Joined Sep 2009
391 Posts
yes i realize a old pda will work just fine, but bluetooth seems so so much better, plus, just think. You pull out your phone to program you radio, no cords or nothing, pretty awesome, that and it could even be used a cordless simulator controller.
losikid is offline Find More Posts by losikid
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:06 PM
Hey, Watch this....
United States, UT, Alpine
Joined Mar 2010
429 Posts
For those of you who use Windows to configure your transmitter. I have written some software for it. Here is the thread.
charlesconklin is offline Find More Posts by charlesconklin
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:41 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaridade View Post
That a lot of talk in changing the batteries of CT6A or CT6B to use 2S batteries.

I simply bought 11.1V 3S 2200mah battery from ebay and put it inside, it fits perfectly.

It takes a lot of time to need to recharge. You can go to the field and forget the batteries problem.
Can you show us how you cut out the AA battery holder moldings?
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:50 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

To program my Flysky CT6A and FlySky CT6B I'm using PalmTx with my old Handspring Treo 180, and it does not need the RS-232 converter because it has TTL levels for RS-232 and the FlySky CT6A has it too, so the connection is direct.

And would like to thanks ReSt for his excelent work.

I found out one bug in PalmTX, it causes problems with my transmiters, it's solved, if you have the configuration like mine you have to wait that ReSt publishes the next version of PalmTX.
Here is the corrected Version with your fix,

Thanks, Rui

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Feb 16, 2011, 07:07 AM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
yes i realize a old pda will work just fine, but bluetooth seems so so much better, plus, just think. You pull out your phone to program you radio, no cords or nothing, pretty awesome, that and it could even be used a cordless simulator controller.
Old PDA's can even do more

I'm just trying to use a PDA (with SD-card) for logging and display of GPS data.

It is already working with the GPS mouse directliy wired to the PDA. What I'm still missing is the wireless communication with two modems (2.4Ghz).

I use a Royaltek-RGM-2000 mouse, programmed to send NMEA data over the serial port. I use RMC and GGA records to extract Longitude, Latitude, Altitude, Course over ground and Speed over ground. I calculate the distance and direction relative to a settable Home position and show as scrollbars the direction, course over ground and the deviation from a return to home course.
And I maintain the maximum distance, maximum altitude an maximum speed.

All GPS data are recorded as files to the SD card and can be selected for replay.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:19 AM
Joined Jan 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
Can you show us how you cut out the AA battery holder moldings?
There's no need to cut anything, the battery is 110mm x 41 mm x 14mm, this batterry is to be used in a RC Futaba 6EX 3PK transmitter.

Bought here: Ebay Seller

Hope this help you...
Old Feb 16, 2011, 08:33 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
There's no need to cut anything, the battery is 110mm x 41 mm x 14mm, this batterry is to be used in a RC Futaba 6EX 3PK transmitter.

Bought here: Ebay Seller

Hope this help you...
Here is one from RCTimer that I have been eyeballing and hope to pick up soon.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...4&productname=
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter