HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2011, 10:38 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodh View Post
....I saw it has 4 cables, black, red, white and yellow. If I cut down for example the red one (or black) and put a switch in the middle, this would simply cut down the power of the module and then keep tracking my mails and for the rest of the persons in the house. Is it correct?
Yes, you just need to put a switch in the VCC-5V line to the RF board. This will inhibit the transmission.
JMP_blackfoot is online now Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2011, 06:33 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
hobbypartz.com has them, and free shipping

I lied, no they don't i thought they did but i can't find them
Only Hobby King separates the CT-6 radio from the programming cord. All other sellers of the 6 channel (under various names, but all maked by FlySky) include the cord with the radio.

I've asked Hobby King several times why they sell the CT6A in their US warehouse but don't also carry the programming cords. They never answered.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:02 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,380 Posts
I have a USB-RS232 9 pin converter cable that I bought on Ebay for a couple of bucks. Uses the same driver as the programming cable. I wonder if that could be used with a mouse cable?

I got my radio from Hobbypartz so it did include the correct cable, I'm just curious for thos who don't have one.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:16 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
I have a USB-RS232 9 pin converter cable that I bought on Ebay for a couple of bucks. Uses the same driver as the programming cable. I wonder if that could be used with a mouse cable?

I got my radio from Hobbypartz so it did include the correct cable, I'm just curious for thos who don't have one.
It could be used if you also change the RS-232 voltage levels to TTL levels. DO NOT USE RS-232 voltage levels directly with your radio.

If your computer has one, you can also use your RS-232 serial port, but again you need some sort of active level changer to change RS-232 levels (+-12V or so) to TTL levels (0 to 5V)
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:00 PM
United States, IA, Keosauqua
Joined Sep 2010
282 Posts
Rx for Fly Sky CT6B

I bought the Fly Sky CT6B Tx/Rx combo from Hobby Partz and it works fine. However, I would like to get a couple more of the $9 receivers--(R6B) and they never seem to have them in stock. Is there any other source or will some other receiver work? I have another plane waiting for a receiver and don't want to have to switch the original Rx every time I want to fly a different plane.

Thanks in advance

Bob
Bob A is online now Find More Posts by Bob A
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:23 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
United States, WA, Maple Valley
Joined Sep 2010
506 Posts
Bob,
Its been said that these receivers from hobby king will work with the ct6b:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=12901

My brother has the hobby king version of the flysky radio, but we have never tested receiver compatibility. I have one of those on order from hobby king, just because it was in stock, and should work with my flysky transmitter. They will probably be sold out by the time mine gets here from Hong Kong, so based on what I've read it might be best to grab one of those.

-heath
dumb_thumbs is offline Find More Posts by dumb_thumbs
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:51 AM
United States, IA, Keosauqua
Joined Sep 2010
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb_thumbs View Post
Bob,
Its been said that these receivers from hobby king will work with the ct6b:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=12901

My brother has the hobby king version of the flysky radio, but we have never tested receiver compatibility. I have one of those on order from hobby king, just because it was in stock, and should work with my flysky transmitter. They will probably be sold out by the time mine gets here from Hong Kong, so based on what I've read it might be best to grab one of those.

-heath
Thanks "Thumbs"
I posted another inquiry on the Transmitter Forum to see if anyone with first hand experience could verify your suggestion, then checked the Hobby Partz website. The receiver they sell is now in stock so I ordered a couple. However, for future reference, I would still like to know for sure if in fact your suggested replacement would work.

Worst case, for $22.99 could always get another Tx with the receiver and could bypass having to use the computer to change to a different plane. Lets see--20 planes, twenty transmitters, 160 batteries,----

Bob
Bob A is online now Find More Posts by Bob A
Old Feb 05, 2011, 08:22 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Bob,

Thumbs' advice is sound. The Hobby King V2 receivers are rebranded FlySky R6B receivers.

You just have to be careful not to get the V1 receivers, which are for the old RF version radio CT6A. Hobby King, in their 'infinite' wisdom, didn't use the B designation, but instead kept the A in the model number, and just added "V2" to the end.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:40 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I don't know what the Deal is with Hobbypartz but They scrambled the links and I had to search on CT6B to see the pages for the Tx and Rx. If you select Electronics-> TX/RX from the main page, you get the old out of stock CT6A.
$31.70 for the tx/rx combo and $9 for the B version Rx.
Both were in stock
I had to order one for a friend to set up today.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:35 AM
United States, AK, McKinley Park
Joined Dec 2010
173 Posts
I've been happily flying with my FS-CT6B (V2) for a couple months now. I crashed landed my plane (a Sky Surfer) and since then I've had very limited range with that reciever. I switched out to another rx and that fixed the problem. I'm wondering if anyone else had had failures with that rx?

Specifically, the most catastrophic thing that I can figure happened during the crash: one of the aileron servo horns caught on something (a branch I think) as the plane slid forward. This rotated the servo past the maximum position and stripped out the servo gears. I tried replacing the gears but the servo was toast (after replacing the gears it was all jittery and wouldn't work when I connected to the rx). Did I somehow short out the rx? What else could have happened?
MtnSnowFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MtnSnowFlyer
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:23 AM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
range loss is normally due to the antenna. Maybe open the cover and see if the ant connection is good. Only do this at own risk.
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:24 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
anyone ever shot down by another 2.4ghz radio? i swear some buddies specktrum radios are causing issues for my v1 radio on occasion.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:32 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
anyone ever shot down by another 2.4ghz radio? i swear some buddies specktrum radios are causing issues for my v1 radio on occasion.
I lost control at a fly-inn last year. Funny thing is a guy with a Spektrum lost his at exactly the same time. We never figured out why, but there were lots of folks at the field with all types of system
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:40 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrootWitBaas View Post
range loss is normally due to the antenna.
+1. Chances are that you either broke the antenna lead where it solders to the circuit board, or you may have broken the antenna under the red heat shrink where it makes a folded dipole antenna.

Stripping a servo would not have adversely affected the receiver's range performance.
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:45 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
WJBite has problems at the pond where he operates when there are too many frequency hopping systems turned on. Both Spektrum's DSM2 and the FlySky V1 RF systems are not frequency hopping. DSM2 picks a pair of frequencies to use at turn on, and FlySky chooses a single frequency to use at turn on. WJBite's problem arrises when the radio transmitter turns on, if it cannot sense a clear 2.4 GHz channel, it will not transmit at all.

With either system, it is easy for a FPV video transmitter operating at 2.4 GHz to completely lock out the receivers, because the video transmitters use about 1/2 of the available 2.4 GHz band. If you are flying on a fixed frequency (or a closely spaced pair of frequencies in the case of the DSM2 system) then someone turns on a FPV video transmitter, you're toast.

FlySky V2 and the newly announced DSMX are true frequency hopping systems, where the transmitter constantly changes what frequency it is transmitting on, and the receiver follows the transmitter. Since they hop around, they are less likey to be compeletly locked out. They may experience brief outages, but will soon hop to a clear frequency and the pilot may never notice.