HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:12 PM
Joined Feb 2009
45 Posts
keepitsimple,
I just tested your application under "XP Pro x64" and "ATEasy6-136a" and it made no difference to those errors above, however, I seem to have full functionality otherwise.

The following screenshots were taken from my XP Pro x86 PC.
The Mixer, Switches and Variable screens all have missing functionality as can be seen from the shots.

I do not get any load errors (my previous screenshots from XP x64) when initiating the software under XP x86.

Note that the same screen appears for both the Switches and Variable buttons on your software, so I have only included one screenshot of that screen.
I wondered why you have two separate buttons when both functions are accessed from either one?

Your software does not auto-detect and then default to the valid com port (once configured from first run) on my systems.
I assumed this was normal behaviour, but include this note just in case it's not.

The hardware on both my XP x86 and XP x64 machines is almost identical, the OS is the primary difference between the two.
I cannot guarantee that I have all current updates for these OS's, or the correct versions of .Net Framework if those are possible factors.
I also modify my XP install media for my own purposes, so don't wrack your brain over this if no one else is experiencing problems :P
congo is offline Find More Posts by congo
Last edited by congo; Mar 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: fix accuracy of post, add relevant attachments
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:12 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Running and some info

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple
Pfff, at least (at last) one person that got it running...

I couldn't imagine that the program does not run on any other PC's then on the 10 PC's (at work) that I tested it on.

What exactly is the problem with the Acer notebook?

Can it be that it has something to do with XP professionel and Home editions?

thanks Borlax

hans
Hi hans, and a BIG THANK YOU for all your wonderful work. I have it working on 3 different laptops (HP, Dell, and homebuilt) and 2 desktops. All of those are running XP Performance Edition (available to MS developers only). I tried it on a laptop and 2 desktops running Vista and Small Business Server respectively. I get the same errors as Congo on all three. Then, I researched the AtEasy program and discovered they are still using some old 16-bit dll's in their software. They will not be compatible with Vista, SBS, or any x64 operating system. The best I can recommend to Congo is to find or buy a cheap laptop with XP on it. Then, all should be well. Oh, BTW, I tried it on an old Win98 machine and I had to rewrite the drivers. But, AtEasy6.0 worked great. I hope this helps.....
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Mar 12, 2009, 03:24 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by congo
keepitsimple,
I just tested your application under "XP Pro x64" and "ATEasy6-136a" and it made no difference to those errors above, however, I seem to have full functionality otherwise.

The following screenshots were taken from my XP Pro x86 PC.
The Mixer, Switches and Variable screens all have missing functionality as can be seen from the shots.

I do not get any load errors (my previous screenshots from XP x64) when initiating the software under XP x86.

Note that the same screen appears for both the Switches and Variable buttons on your software, so I have only included one screenshot of that screen.
I wondered why you have two separate buttons when both functions are accessed from either one?

Your software does not auto-detect and then default to the valid com port (once configured from first run) on my systems.
I assumed this was normal behavior, but include this note just in case it's not.

The hardware on both my XP x86 and XP x64 machines is almost identical, the OS is the primary difference between the two.
I cannot guarantee that I have all current updates for these OS's, or the correct versions of .Net Framework if those are possible factors.
I also modify my XP install media for my own purposes, so don't wrack your brain over this if no one else is experiencing problems :P
Update: I just downloaded AtEasy 7.0 (30-day trial) and installed just the runtime program. It works perfectly on the computers above (Vista, SBS, x64). So, download it here (right side of page 1/2 way down) and fill out the registration (must use valid e-mail - but not netzero, gmail, or I am sure a lot of other "free" emails).
Good luck. I can assure you it is more than well worth the time you will invest. keepitsimple's application is AWESOME. He really outdid himself on this one.
AJ
Old Mar 12, 2009, 07:48 AM
España, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
@keepitsimple

Hi, Hans.

Have another look at thread about the Turborix ESC LCD programming card:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943988

There´s some new info.

I´ve also tried your PC program, but without the RC connected, and, to this point, it seems to work OK. I´ll report again when I make a complete test.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:13 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,585 Posts
Good thing you had a alternate download site.
I think the Geotestinc.com website has problems, at present their website isn't working for downloading anything. Sort of like they are missing a lot of files.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:32 AM
Joined Sep 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by congo
keepitsimple,
I just tested your application under "XP Pro x64" and "ATEasy6-136a" and it made no difference to those errors above, however, I seem to have full functionality otherwise.:P
I get the same results as Congo running XP Home SP3, ATEasy6 or 7.
abbydawn is offline Find More Posts by abbydawn
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:11 AM
Rouen (FRANCE)
Joined Nov 2003
69 Posts
Hi MoFl,

thanks for the schematic on the other topic, why not replace (pin to pin) the ??? MCU with an other (Pic or Atmel).

Thanks to Keepitsimple, i didn't try your program yet, but i'll do it when i'll get my Xp computer back, i have only a laptop on Vista at this time.

Géo .
geotrouvetout is offline Find More Posts by geotrouvetout
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:50 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,585 Posts
I installed the AtEasy runtime Ver 6 OK and the Programmer app runs OK on my PC. it took a minute to figure out what to set the COM port to (com3) in my case, but other than that it ran with no errors.
This is on a Dell 3ghz Pentium machine running XP-Pro with current Service pack and updates.
Pretty cool app, thank you very much.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:40 PM
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2004
117 Posts
The HK receivers are back in stock.

Why bother with programing card, when You can get Palm m10* for ~$10, we just need someone to write software for PalmOs.
Kuba is offline Find More Posts by Kuba
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Hello, new in site and in RC generaly.
I just bought the Turborix 2.4gh 6ch package and managed to bind it with the receiver.
But when i connect the servos (9g plastic) the become "crazy" and they do not respond to tx's inputs.
They work prerfect with my old 27mhz Tx-Rx package.
Thank you,
Best Nikos
nikvan is offline Find More Posts by nikvan
Old Mar 13, 2009, 01:18 PM
have foam, will fly
San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikvan
Hello, new in site and in RC generaly.
I just bought the Turborix 2.4gh 6ch package and managed to bind it with the receiver.
But when i connect the servos (9g plastic) the become "crazy" and they do not respond to tx's inputs.
They work prerfect with my old 27mhz Tx-Rx package.
Thank you,
Best Nikos

I had this happen as well with one receiver. It turned out to be a bad satelite receiver. Try disconnecting the little satelite receiver and try the servos.
waqa is offline Find More Posts by waqa
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2009
2 Posts
Thanks Waqa,
I will do so
nikvan is offline Find More Posts by nikvan
Old Mar 14, 2009, 06:53 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Good News - Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86waterpumper
Hmm odd, well does the led blink on the rf even if no rx is present though and trying to bind? Oh well I sent you a pm Ajbaker and I thank you for the offer. It would be bad I guess to have to chunk two good rx. It is frustrating but that's nobody here's fault, not the first or the last rc equipment I will have this to deal with I'm sure. That is cool about the digital multimeter tip you gave me too! I got 3 of those things for 2.50 apiece so that right there to me is worth alot HAHA
The Good News: Both Receivers work.
The Bad News: Both Receivers work.
I guess the problem is the transmitter. Ah well, at least we know one more thing that it isn't. I will be returning these to you on Monday 3/16. You should get them in 2-3 days.
AJ
P.S. Here are the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5PbGovRlvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KSvFu7lWTw
Old Mar 15, 2009, 01:47 AM
have foam, will fly
San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
278 Posts
One of my tx's does the same thing if I leave the antenna down and have it within a 2 feet of the rx, ie binds ok but servos are erratic. If I put the tx antenna up and move it 3 feet or more from the rx all is fine. My old Futaba AM tx did similar things.
waqa is offline Find More Posts by waqa
Last edited by waqa; Mar 15, 2009 at 01:49 AM. Reason: typos
Old Mar 15, 2009, 03:38 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Re-check

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqa
One of my tx's does the same thing if I leave the antenna down and have it within a 2 feet of the rx, ie binds ok but servos are erratic. If I put the tx antenna up and move it 3 feet or more from the rx all is fine. My old Futaba AM tx did similar things.
Good Point. I rechecked the rx that had twitchy servos and sure enough, I moved 3 feet away and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the reminder.
AJ