HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:59 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbudz223 View Post
MOFI your link doesn't work it tells me page not found.
I've edited the post, but here is the correct one:
http://ppjoy.blogspot.com/2009/11/fi...w-version.html

I saw you got it working with v.83, but just in case somebody wants to try a newer version...
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:10 PM
RCPlaye
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
I heard that you can run your t6 off of a 3s lipo, is this true?
CoolBudz is offline Find More Posts by CoolBudz
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,971 Posts
True and tested. In theory you shoul probably add a few diodes in series with the positive lead to lower the voltage a tad, but I've done it with all my radios on hot so cal days, and never blown one yet.
Telemachus is online now Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 PM
East Texas
Joined Nov 2008
655 Posts
Rookie Question on HK-4A RX

I am used to the Spektrum RX's where the "names" of what goes where are printed on the RX. I just got a HK-T4A for a indoor plane and I can't figure out what goes where. What channel do you plug the ESC into, what about the ailerons, rudder and elevator? I sure would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks a lot,
Joe
MOfroggy is offline Find More Posts by MOfroggy
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:34 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Thread about the radio in question. Should tell you everything you need to know.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:52 PM
Monterrey, Mexico
Joined Jan 2007
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOfroggy View Post
I am used to the Spektrum RX's where the "names" of what goes where are printed on the RX. I just got a HK-T4A for a indoor plane and I can't figure out what goes where. What channel do you plug the ESC into, what about the ailerons, rudder and elevator? I sure would appreciate some guidance.
Thanks a lot,
Joe
The most usual: Channel 1 Ailerons, 2 Elevator, 3 Trottle (where the ESC connects), 4 Rudder, the rest is up to you.
kinkon is offline Find More Posts by kinkon
Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:58 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
That is true IF he has a mode 2 Tx (throttle on left stick). HK sells both mode 1 and mode 2 of that model Tx. Well they used to - now it is version B instead of version A (sigh). I can only assume that they kept the layout the same for version B - it would be silly to change, but stranger things have happened with Chinese equipment, eh?

But the REALLY confusing issue for newbies is that the HK Tx reversing switches are labeled by function name, not channel number. The stick and trim tabs are NOT labeled at all - so there is NO definition either way for the sticks. And the Rx is labeled by channel number only, not function name. For a newbie, or a cautious veteran, it takes some experimentation to find out the correspondence between function and channel number. The link that crucial sent you to sorts all that out.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1051701

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Last edited by Kokopeli; Jun 25, 2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2008
617 Posts
Electric=reverse throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOfroggy View Post
Thanks a lot,
Joe
I didn't see the mention that you must reverse the servo direction at the transmitter for electrics to work (something to do with the esc ) so be sure to do that and most else will work out.
gittarpikk is offline Find More Posts by gittarpikk
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:26 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
hi all!
i'm thinking to user the rf module of this system to connect to an arduino and use it like the "brain" or use the cable as serial to ppm conversor an use any device which has an serial port like a mobile phone. The purpose is to make a app for mobile phones to simulate the transmitter an control our rc helicopters with the phone. I know how to make the app for the mobile and how to use the serial port, but i don't know if i need anything else or just the rf module. And i don't know too the frecuency of the ppm signal and how it would look like. I will share all the progress i do here or i will create anew thread.

In conclusion, the idea will be one of this:

- connect mobile to arduino and arduino to the rf module
- connect mobile to cable and the cable to rf module

Thanks
jaime1988 is offline Find More Posts by jaime1988
Old Jun 27, 2010, 01:57 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbudz223 View Post
I heard that you can run your t6 off of a 3s lipo, is this true?
The new Spektrum radio DX10 has integrated lipo

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...78&postcount=1

I run all my radios on lipo at "storage voltage" fwiw
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jun 27, 2010, 06:19 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Hi,my receiver broke yesterday. Two capacitors were burned. Can anyone tell me the values?i have searched the schematics in this thread and the only value is 4,7uF and my burned capacitor are other.
jaime1988 is offline Find More Posts by jaime1988
Old Jun 28, 2010, 06:31 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Hey, version 2 Rxs, 6 and 8 ch are now in stock at HK.
The 4 ch. is about 3/4 the cost as ver. 1.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:10 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, KBH
Joined May 2007
481 Posts
hi,,
i have a hk t4a v2,,,i will use in my 2 steam boats...the first one...it is working ok...bot i dont understand, how to have boat no2 to work with the same tv4....i got a hk tr6ga to boat 2...bot i cant get it to work,,,please try to explain it so simpel you can,,,
Many Thanks
Regards Bernhard
Bernhard BB is offline Find More Posts by Bernhard BB
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard BB View Post
hi,,
i have a hk t4a v2,,,i will use in my 2 steam boats...the first one...it is working ok...bot i dont understand, how to have boat no2 to work with the same tv4....i got a hk tr6ga to boat 2...bot i cant get it to work,,,please try to explain it so simpel you can,,,
Many Thanks
Regards Bernhard
Turn off your first boat.
Turn on your second boat and go through the bind process just as if the first boat doesn't exist - The second boat will work.
When you want to use the first boat turn off the second boat and turn off the transmitter.
Turn on the transmitter again and turn on the first boat - no need to bind - it will work.
Both boats will work - one at a time - no problem.
If you turn on both boats they will both respond - you probably DONT want to do that, eh?

Walt
Old Jun 29, 2010, 01:37 PM
RCPlaye
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
I want to use a 2.4ghz wireless camera with one of my airplanes and the receiver for the 2.4ghz wireless camera is next to the transmitter. Since the transmitter is also 2.4ghz will this affect the transmitter's signal?
CoolBudz is offline Find More Posts by CoolBudz