Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:48 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbudz223 View Post
I have this radio
http://www.xheli.com/exceed-rc-6-ch-...-receiver.html
and I was wondering if it works with the realflight aircraft simulator. The transmitter has a port in the back where you can plug it into the computer and i have the plug. If it can work with realflight please tell me how to connect it. Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.
I know it will work with fms. You need T6sim and PPJoy to make it work. Search this thread and you will find links to both.
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2010, 01:40 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Here you have links to 2 possibilities, PPM to USB and mis_b's T6sim. Another possibility is smartpropoplus with a soundcard.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Jun 20, 2010, 05:55 PM
USA, NC, Earl
Joined Jan 2009
59 Posts
Missing satellite receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
Unfortunately, no, the V2 transmitter will not bind with the V1 receivers. Also unfortunately, the other two 2.4 GHz radios that Hobby King sells, the 4 channel and the computer programmable 6 channel, are also moving to V2 RF systems, so they will not be compatible with your existing receivers, either.

The older V1 6 channel receivers with the satellite receiver are disappearing fast, being replaced by receivers with no satellite. That's your clue that it's V2. If you need more receivers, stock up while you can. Otherwise you can look forward to re-equipping your fleet with the new receivers.

On a side note, I still haven't read any definitave reports as to how the new V2 stuff actually works in an airplane. Does anybody have a report on how the V2 RF system performs?
I just received the V2 6 channel ,from hobby king, to my surprise, there is no satellite receiver.
My only qustion is , will the V2 receiver, pick up as well and the V1 ?
I have used a bunch of the V1 radios, and they have worked great.
I am not a radio guru, but to my simple mind, 2 antennae, are better than 1.
nova50073 is offline Find More Posts by nova50073
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:26 PM
RCPlaye
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
I know it will work with fms. You need T6sim and PPJoy to make it work. Search this thread and you will find links to both.
I have both of those softwares, but I still can't get my transmitter to
work with FMS. I was able to get my transmitter connected to t6sim
but I don't know what to do with PPJoy.
I followed these instructions
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1026
and still didn't get anywhere with PPJoy except for installing it.
BTW the link provided for PPJoy dosen't work so I got it from the site below.
http://ppjoy.bossstation.dnsalias.org/
I believe the PPJoy described in the instructions is of a different
version than I have so that could be a reason why I didn't understand the instructions. Thanks for all the help, like a described earlier I have t6sim working with my transmitter what I really need help on now is how to get the PPJoy from the link above to work, and ultimately to get FMS to work. All help is welcome and greatly appreciated.
CoolBudz is offline Find More Posts by CoolBudz
Old Jun 20, 2010, 08:56 PM
USA, TN, Fayetteville
Joined Dec 2004
878 Posts
I got mine to work. It's a bit clunky to get started, but worked good once running.
madmike8 is offline Find More Posts by madmike8
Old Jun 20, 2010, 09:49 PM
RCPlaye
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
I got mine to work. It's a bit clunky to get started, but worked good once running.
That's my question, how exactly did you do that, especially PPJoy.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:58 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,344 Posts
Quote:
That's my question, how exactly did you do that, especially PPJoy.
Mine works fine. I think PPjoy and T6sim need to be in the same folder for it to work.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:27 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
I believe the PPJoy described in the instructions is of a different
version than I have so that could be a reason why I didn't understand the instructions. Thanks for all the help, like a described earlier I have t6sim working with my transmitter what I really need help on now is how to get the PPJoy from the link above to work, and ultimately to get FMS to work. All help is welcome and greatly appreciated.
I downloaded it from here (version 0.8.4.5):
http://ppjoy.blogspot.com/2009/11/fi...ew-version.htm

http://ppjoy.blogspot.com/2009/11/fi...w-version.html
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Last edited by MoFl; Jun 22, 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Triying to get link working! (seems last "l" in .html was missing)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:52 PM
RCPlaye
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
MOFI your link doesn't work it tells me page not found.

This is what I do when I try to get PPJoy to work.
First I open up the program then click add. It then
brings out a window called controller configuration.
The first drop down menu is called parallel port and I select
virtual port. Then controller type and interface type go blank
and you can't select them, which I believe is normal.
After that I select the controller number which can be any number and click add. In a matter of seconds after I click add in the controller configuration window, windows installs the driver and it's then in my computer.
Now after windows installs the driver I select the driver I just installed and
click mapping. Mapping gives me 2 options. Option 1 is to
"Modify the original mapping for PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1".
And the second option is
"Modify the interface mapping for the IOCTL interface Virtual joystick interface"
I choose the first option and click next then two options show up, the first one is,
"Create individual mapping for PPJoy virtual joystick 1"
and the second one is,
"Delete individual mapping - use interface or default mapping for PPJoy virtual joystick 1"
but the second option is disabled so all you can select is the first one.
So I click next again and what shows up next is a window that says
"Select the type for each joystick axis"
It shows a dropdown menu that asks the amount of axises in the joystick but the whole page is like disabled and I can't select anything, it's grayed out. So I click next and the next page says
"Select the number of buttons" which is also grayed out like the previous page. So since it was grayed out I couldn't change anything so I clicked
next. And it brought me to a page titled,
"Select the joystick/gamepad control used to operate each axis"
In this page their are two columns one labeled min and the other max and in these columns their a re rows that are labeled like x-axis, y-axis, z-axis, z-rotation, slider, etc. and next to those they had numbers next to them
A0 to A7 consecutively how I listed them here. Next to each
A and number there is a button labeled as scan. Since this page wasn't listed in mis b 's instructions I didn't know what to do so I clicked next and didn't change anything.
The next page was almost identical to the first one except it said,
"Select the joystick/gamepad control used to operate each button"
Again I didn't know what to do with that page so I clicked next and it said the mapping configuration is complete.
Well that's what I did and I'm sure I did a lot of things wrong, please point these out to me and thank you for reading my long post.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:03 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Best just to buy a USB RC cable, or build your own:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508122

The other options work, but these work without hoops nor loops.
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Jun 21, 2010, 03:33 PM
RCPlaye
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
Best just to buy a USB RC cable, or build your own:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508122

The other options work, but these work without hoops nor loops.
But the only reason I'm working hard on this is so that I can use this in other applications and don't have to rely so much on buying from a vendor. And then again I'm not so good with schematics and very complex wiring.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:34 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,344 Posts
Quote:
But the only reason I'm working hard on this is so that I can use this in other applications and don't have to rely so much on buying from a vendor. And then again I'm not so good with schematics and very complex wiring.
The T6Sim program works for me using the programming cable. I have tried lots of different simulators - they all work by setting up as "joysticks"

(Acer netbook, Windows XP)
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:56 AM
RCPlaye
Joined Aug 2009
711 Posts
Simulator Install Instructions

I got it working! The only reason I didn't get it before is because I was using the wrong version of PPJoy. The version that is used in the instructions is version 0.83. I will upload all the programs you will need to use the simulator (FMS), so that you won't have to go through what did. From this simulator you will probably be able to use your joystick for other simulators. Thanks everyone for the help. If you have any trouble, feel free to pm me.

Simulator Install Instructions

PPJoy v0.83 - The one described in the Instructions

T6Sim v1.0

Flying Model Simulator (FMS)

Prolific PL-2030 Driver Installer

Prolific PL-2030 Driver Installer - If the first one doesn't work this one will

T6Config
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:19 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
Thanks Reinhard.
Now I remember reading that, but at the time it didn't apply to me so I sent it to the bit bucket.
Looks like the two solutions presented:
Turn on at home or
disconnect the small antenna,
are a shot in the dark with a small probability the you will connect to a channel that is in use.
If two (or more) are sharing a channel the response time for the servos might go up whilst the Rx is waiting for a good packet. No way to prove that except for a very complected lab setup. Oh well, I guess the "turn on someplace else" in the motor home, in the parking lot, or at home, solution is what I will use as long as it works and I don't hear anybody scream, or my response time gets noticeably slow. Like I said, it will be a couple of weeks until I can survey my sailing friends to see if there is a suspect Tx in the crowd.

Walt
Okay, got a good survey of radios that are present when HK-T4A/R6A will not start up.
Two four ch Txs could not connect at the pond - other 2.4GHz Txs present were:
Spektrum DX6i
Spektrum DX5e
Futaba T6EX FASST

I am betting that it is the Futaba that is the offending radio, based on comments on this thread.
Both 4 ch radios could not connect to their Rxs even after long waits and repeated tries.
By moving about 100 feet away from the pond where the other radios were, both Txs could connect easily.
No problems while sailing - but fast response is not usually needed with sailboats.

My theory is that the FASST radio is using ALL available frequencies so rapidly that it interferes with the single channel search that my radio performs.

Wadda ya think?

Walt

ps; too bad I don't have a version 2 (B) set to try in the same environment.
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jun 22, 2010, 01:33 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
My theory is that the FASST radio is using ALL available frequencies so rapidly that it interferes with the single channel search that my radio performs.

Wadda ya think?

Walt

ps; too bad I don't have a version 2 (B) set to try in the same environment.
That'd be my guess, too. The FASST system does hop over almost the entire band, and the poor FlySky transmitter first does a receive mode to sniff out an open channel. With the FASST operating, it thinks there are no open channels.

Once you do get bound, however, all of the 2.4 GHz radios are burst packet transmission, so even two radios on the same frequency can usually co-exist happily, since they only transmit for short periods.

And I do believe that this problem is part of the motivation of FlySky to move to their V2 RF scheme.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John