HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2009, 11:13 PM
Joined Dec 2008
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
I wonder if that is two Rxs with monopole antenae or one Rx with a dipole antenna?

So, who is gonna be the first one to buy it and report back on all these questions and more, eh?

Walt
ordered mine today... will it work with my current reciever? (from the non display 6 channel?

ill report in when i receive it if nobody does first.

-jon
jonmorehouse is offline Find More Posts by jonmorehouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2009, 02:05 AM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFLIER View Post
I did order the suggested 3S LiPo (1450 mah) to use in place of the 8 AA cells. I bypassed the diode so I can plug in my Thunder Power charger using the already present coax jack. Had to make a simple adapter to match up connectors.

Was a bit miffed to learn that the modulation method is different than the main stream 2.4 gear marketed in the US. So, I have to buy my add on receivers from HK. But, at the price they sell them for, I would likely do it anyway.

Unless the system fails me in use, it is a real good deal. Who will be the first to order a thousand of them and resell in the US for $10 over HK price? Quick $10K profit?
The LiPo installation is not a good idea if the balance plug is not accessable. Do not treat them as if they were NICd's as they will bite you bad, and burn your auto or house.

If you are miffed at FlySky products then you are really mad at the main stream products as none of them are compatible either. Yes Spektrum and JR are, but JR licensed Spektrum technology.

There are vendors that are importing these products.

Caution, if the transmitter does not have a FCC sticker on it to verify that it meets the FCC rules (Part 15 I believe) then it is probably illegal to use in the USA.
Iflyj3 is offline Find More Posts by Iflyj3
Old Nov 08, 2009, 02:09 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollop View Post
hey, there is another one system available, for nearly twice expensive ($60), but now it has 5 model memory http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...&_RX_(Mode_2)_
This new one doesn't seem to be a Flysky system, so I guess it's not compatible with the other HK (Flysky) 6 ch system.

Link to the manual of the new (w/ display) one.
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Nov 08, 2009, 02:19 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyj3 View Post

Caution, if the transmitter does not have a FCC sticker on it to verify that it meets the FCC rules (Part 15 I believe) then it is probably illegal to use in the USA.
It might not have the sticker, but it has certainly undergone the FCC certifiying procedure
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Nov 08, 2009, 02:38 AM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl View Post
It might not have the sticker, but it has certainly undergone the FCC certifiying procedure
I was talking about all of the RF products comming out of China. If it has passed the test then it should have a sticker verifying it has done so.

I know the HK stuff I have does not have a sticker.
Iflyj3 is offline Find More Posts by Iflyj3
Old Nov 08, 2009, 07:11 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl View Post
This new one doesn't seem to be a Flysky system, so I guess it's not compatible with the other HK (Flysky) 6 ch system.

Link to the manual of the new (w/ display) one.
On that site, the reciver (as well as the name of the transmitter) seem to indicate it's an assan system? Don't know for sure, but I ordered one out of curiosity...
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Nov 08, 2009, 09:40 AM
Time for another motto!
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2006
1,413 Posts
Would it be stating the obvious to say that offering an incompatible system under the same brand name would be quite illogical? I cannot find any reason in the previous links why it would not be a flysky made system, although it is not on the flysky website. No hits for KDS or KDSmodels on that fcc site either, so I think this is just a rebranded flysky.
JelleB is offline Find More Posts by JelleB
Old Nov 08, 2009, 10:40 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmorehouse View Post
ordered mine today... will it work with my current reciever? (from the non display 6 channel?

ill report in when i receive it if nobody does first.

-jon
GO FOR IT JON
I hope you are one who is going to open up the box and compare the innards to the pictures on this thread so that we all will know how much of the last two thousand messages applies to this new radio.
ALL "EYES" ARE ON YOU.
[no pressure there, eh?]

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Nov 08, 2009, 10:48 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,854 Posts
Quote:
GO FOR IT JON
I hope you are one who is going to open up the box and compare the innards to the pictures on this thread so that we all will know how much of the last two thousand messages applies to this new radio.
ALL "EYES" ARE ON YOU.
[no pressure there, eh?]

Walt
Walt,

Rest assured I will open mine as soon as it arrives. I truly ordered it for the very purpose. I definately will post my findings here should I be the first one to get the chance.

@JelleB
The (K8R named) reciver in the KDS manual resembles very much the X8R reciver from Assan. However, the reciver on the HobbyCity page looks different (antennas exit the housing on the sides and it looks shorter too). I deinately will try if it's compatible, and I too agree that it would be illogical to place an incompatible system on the same HobbyCity page.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Nov 08, 2009, 11:35 AM
Joined Jul 2009
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John View Post
If it is just pre-programmed V-Tail, Delta Wing, with no custom mixes, that will be a disappointment. But if it had those two pre-programmed mixes PLUS at least 3 custom mixes, that'd ROCK!
According to the manual, these two mixes are preprogrammed and the only ones of this Tx. No further freely available mixes.

That's really disappointing.

Reinhard
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Nov 08, 2009, 12:45 PM
Hank
Johnson City, TN
Joined Jan 2005
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyj3 View Post
The LiPo installation is not a good idea if the balance plug is not accessable. Do not treat them as if they were NICd's as they will bite you bad, and burn your auto or house.

I can access the balance connection by opening up the door to the Nicd housing where the LiPo is. I checked the battery before and after charge with my balancer and it is perfect. I also measured each cell with a voltmeter.

Nope, no FCC sticker on the back. Is this true of all the HK radios? So, the Government will come knocking on my door???
TNFLIER is offline Find More Posts by TNFLIER
Old Nov 08, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hank
Johnson City, TN
Joined Jan 2005
117 Posts
I need help!. Contrary to my post yesterday, I have to reverse one servo. I can not find a driver for Vista. The Silabs.com site only has Linix, and Win 7 that I can find. I want to fly tomorrow and could use help on finding the right driver for Vista. I tried the one from Flysky and it will not install at all.

Lost in Tennessee
TNFLIER is offline Find More Posts by TNFLIER
Old Nov 08, 2009, 03:09 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
The coaxial wire is in three layers.....
thanks for the detailed explanation. but i wish that they had made the insulation, shield, and wire a bit heftier and less fragile.

however, b4 you replied i just replaced them with 2.6 cm of wire for a homemade shorty.

since they changed the plastic case a bit for the long antennas and made a wire support, this works better than it used to.

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Nov 08, 2009, 03:11 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFLIER View Post
I need help!. Contrary to my post yesterday, I have to reverse one servo. I can not find a driver for Vista. The Silabs.com site only has Linix, and Win 7 that I can find. I want to fly tomorrow and could use help on finding the right driver for Vista. I tried the one from Flysky and it will not install at all.

Lost in Tennessee
use keepitsimple's utility to program the radio.

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Nov 08, 2009, 04:27 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Even with keepitsimple's utility, you still have to get the USB cord to work first.

Here is the Prolific Vista driver I used: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/coold...l-adapters.zip

And here are the Silabs Vista and Windows 7 drivers: https://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/...CPDrivers.aspx

The Silabs site doesn't have the hyperlinks show up in blue for some reason, but if you click on "VCP driver kit" right underneath "Download for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista (v5.40.24)" you will start a download for a zip file. Or you can click here,

You need to know if you have the Prolific chip or the Silabs chip in your cord.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Last edited by F-111 John; Nov 08, 2009 at 04:33 PM.