HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2009, 02:36 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption
I installed the drivers and t6 config but my transmitter doesn't communicate with my pc. I can see and select the right com port number but the t6 config will freeze. I have to turn off the receiver to make changes again. When I move the joystick, it doesn't do anything on the config screen like on the youtube video.

using vista?

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:09 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSt
Why do you hit the Cfg key ? and on which panel ?

If you start the program, before it displays the 'Overview' screen, it will automatically read the configuration of the Tx.

Reinhard
Either way gives the same error... Will probably correct with faster Max232
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:01 PM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
hello guys!
Has anyone ever built a training cable for HK-T4A?
Or knows anything about it?
Thank you!
songa is offline Find More Posts by songa
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:14 PM
Pacifica, CA USA
Joined May 2009
452 Posts
Sorry, I'm using XP Pro SP2.
norstaroption is offline Find More Posts by norstaroption
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:22 PM
Boise, ID
Joined Jun 2009
19 Posts
newbie help with elevon mixing

Hi, this is my first TX, I've got the HK-T6. I couldn't get the T6Config program to work well with my PC, but I downloaded keepitsimple's program and that seems to work great. Now the trouble is, I've never programed a TX before and I can't figure out how to program elevon mixing. Could someone walk me through this or are there instructions posted?
Thanks, gheter
gheter is offline Find More Posts by gheter
Old Aug 15, 2009, 09:58 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,315 Posts
When I was having problems getting the elevons to work, I asked that same question in this thread here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...rborix+elevons
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:08 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa
hello guys!
Has anyone ever built a training cable for HK-T4A?
Or knows anything about it?
Thank you!
Do you mean for a simulator on a pc?
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:47 AM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac
if all else fails you can buy small quantities or get samples of maxim stuff direct from them. no outrageous mins or fees

www.maxim-ic.com

frac
Thanks.

I ordered 2 samples each of the MAX232ACPE+ MAX232AEPE+ and MAX232ACPE

in the PDIP socket type. I have no idea what all that means after the MAX232A, but for free ninety-nine, how can I go wrong?

All the PIC projects I have ever done, I never had to buy the PIC... gotta love those samples!
Old Aug 16, 2009, 05:09 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I'm using XP Pro SP2.
there are not usually problems with XP, only vista. check for HW conflicts
(com ports and irqs)and try the cable and sw on another computer.

an alternative is to use USER developed SW based on visual basic
that runs on almost any modern win version. search for a thread by keepitsimple, the sw author.

still another is to buy a palm with OS> 3.3.0 on ebay for a few bux(i just got one for $0.99 ) and use Rest's palm pda program, found in this thread.

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
Old Aug 16, 2009, 06:23 AM
Madras India
Joined Aug 2006
229 Posts
Got the 6 channel turborix sold by R2 Hobbies around 6 months back and almost junked as the original soft ware that came with it just would not work.
Till I came across this review on HK
" T6config Programming software (Don't use the included driver!) http://www.flysky-cn.com/pic/down/FS-CT6ADriver.rar
MANUAL: www.helipro-rc.com/download/RADIO%20MANUAL.pdf
Programming can be a bit tricky watch>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aZgK6sd5Q"

The software from Fly-sky.co the manufacturers solved everything for me the driver from turborix seems to have an issue.

Test flew it today , the range was good on my Multiplex easy cub. I aslo have an Assan x8 hack , the speed of response on the model was faster in that , but for half the price I don't have anything to complain with this Tx Now.

sai
sbrv24 is online now Find More Posts by sbrv24
Old Aug 16, 2009, 01:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial
Do you mean for a simulator on a pc?
No Crucial, I talk about the training-cord to conect radio to radio and teach someone to fly.
thank you!
songa is offline Find More Posts by songa
Old Aug 16, 2009, 02:41 PM
Pacifica, CA USA
Joined May 2009
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac
there are not usually problems with XP, only vista. check for HW conflicts
(com ports and irqs)and try the cable and sw on another computer.

an alternative is to use USER developed SW based on visual basic
that runs on almost any modern win version. search for a thread by keepitsimple, the sw author.

still another is to buy a palm with OS> 3.3.0 on ebay for a few bux(i just got one for $0.99 ) and use Rest's palm pda program, found in this thread.

frac
I'm loosing patience already on this thing. My PC does recognizes it and assigns a com port. When I use hyperterminal and turn on the transmitter, it just prints bunch of characters. And when I move the joystick, it changes characters. I just can't make this work with the T6A Config program. Anymore suggestions? Thanks.
norstaroption is offline Find More Posts by norstaroption
Old Aug 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa
No Crucial, I talk about the training-cord to conect radio to radio and teach someone to fly.
thank you!
I have two of these, and have messed a little bit with the idea of using one as a "buddy box" to help teach someone else.

If you plug a turned off transmitter into the active one with a regular S-video cable, the light turns red on it, and thats about it. It won't control the servos.

As far as I can tell, there is no option to assign one of the switches to be a trainer switch, which would be needed to take over control. Also, I think the cable would have to be patched into so that the xmit out pin on one goes into the reciever pin on another.

This wouldn't be a difficult cable to make, but the utility of it is minimal without the ability to "lock out" the buddy box to avoid dual inputs.

If no one else has tried this, 'll cut a cable and try a few things, because if there is a way to make one control the output of another, a switch could always be added to the cable itself to turn the receive line on and off...

Quote:
I'm loosing patience already on this thing. My PC does recognizes it and assigns a com port. When I use hyperterminal and turn on the transmitter, it just prints bunch of characters. And when I move the joystick, it changes characters. I just can't make this work with the T6A Config program. Anymore suggestions? Thanks.
Use a palm or PPC?

Try another computer?
Last edited by Telemachus; Aug 16, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 04:21 PM
Joined Jul 2009
648 Posts
Quote:
At the time when the dataprotocol of this gear was published in this thread, I tried to write my own Config-program. I didn't finish it, but it has some basic capabilities. It can write a log file of the data running back and forth between PC and Tx.
By this means I'm able to prove if there are transmission failures.
It traces channel data and configuration data. A configuration file that I send to the transmitter is read back and one can compare, if the data matches.

My program contains only the basics, it displays (and traces) data, can read configuration files, send them to the TX and read TX configurations back to the PC.

If your cable has problems, we could (hopefully) find it out.

Btw, I have set up my program to use com5, but I could simply adapt it to anything (fixed) else.
ReSt is offline Find More Posts by ReSt
Old Aug 16, 2009, 04:52 PM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Have you tried keepitsimple's alternative to t6config?
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl