SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 06, 2009, 11:59 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
is the 8 ch receiver compat with the 6 channel tx?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...z_Receiver_8Ch

also wheres this radio??
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2009, 12:03 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek

also wheres this radio??
I assume it is meant to go with this module.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9363

I don't know if it works with the 4 or 6 channel HK Tx.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Aug 08, 2009, 03:04 AM
Cornwall, UK
Joined Dec 2007
110 Posts
I fitted the LED monitor circuit posted by mis_b. It works a treat.
clockworks is offline Find More Posts by clockworks
Old Aug 08, 2009, 01:03 PM
Serial Construtcor
Brest, France
Joined Jul 2009
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek

also wheres this radio??
All FlySky receivers (6 and 8ch) works with every FlySky transmitters (4,6 and 8ch). all are compatible even with Turborix and HobbyCity which have just change the stickers.
vinc29 is offline Find More Posts by vinc29
Old Aug 08, 2009, 03:06 PM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Palm V / Field Programming T6A / building serial cable

I've been attempting to build a Palm serial cable for field-programming my T6A, following ReSt's excellent instructions and diagram at Post 1201 of this thread. So far so good, using a Palm V modem's case as both my Palm-side plug and to house the RS232 circuit. For the benefit of others trying the same, however, I thought I'd post one hick-up I've run into.

As has been noted here before, a PS2 keyboard plug will work in the back of the T6A Tx with the plastic tab in the middle removed. With this in mind I cut the cord off an old keyboard planning to use cord and all for my project. No go.

ReSt's diagram uses a pin on the plug ("Xmit") that is NOT CONNECTED on a typical PS2 keyboard. That means there's not even a wire for that pin inside the cable.

I haven't yet decided how I'll get round this issue but thought I would raise it here, for the benefit of the forum. I'm guessing I'll have to cut the plug off the cable and buy another to ensure all the right pins are live.

Other than that, using the Palm 5 modem case has worked well. I got it on Fleabay for 99 cents (plus shipping of course), and was able to cannibalize suitable capacitors off the circuitboard as I gutted it. It's going to look great if I can ultimately make it work.

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
Old Aug 08, 2009, 04:02 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghutt
I've been attempting to build a Palm serial cable for field-programming my T6A, following ReSt's excellent instructions and diagram at Post 1201 of this thread. So far so good, using a Palm V modem's case as both my Palm-side plug and to house the RS232 circuit. For the benefit of others trying the same, however, I thought I'd post one hick-up I've run into.

As has been noted here before, a PS2 keyboard plug will work in the back of the T6A Tx with the plastic tab in the middle removed. With this in mind I cut the cord off an old keyboard planning to use cord and all for my project. No go.

ReSt's diagram uses a pin on the plug ("Xmit") that is NOT CONNECTED on a typical PS2 keyboard. That means there's not even a wire for that pin inside the cable.

I haven't yet decided how I'll get round this issue but thought I would raise it here, for the benefit of the forum. I'm guessing I'll have to cut the plug off the cable and buy another to ensure all the right pins are live.

Other than that, using the Palm 5 modem case has worked well. I got it on Fleabay for 99 cents (plus shipping of course), and was able to cannibalize suitable capacitors off the circuitboard as I gutted it. It's going to look great if I can ultimately make it work.

Dave
Not all ps/2 plugs are created equal. I had to look at 3 different ones to find one that had all the wires I needed. Eventually I did and it works great.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Aug 08, 2009, 11:27 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
An S-Video plug fits perfectly, with no snipping of pins or breaking of key tabs required.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Aug 09, 2009, 01:25 AM
Joined Oct 2004
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
An S-Video plug fits perfectly, with no snipping of pins or breaking of key tabs required.
I found an S-Video cable in a thrift store for $1. If you don't have one on hand, this might be a cheap way to get one.
adamdb is offline Find More Posts by adamdb
Old Aug 09, 2009, 02:36 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
any deals on the 8ch combo? last i checked it was $90
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Aug 09, 2009, 04:04 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
I have a really stupid question. I looked at the FlySky manual but it wasn't covered. Does the servo leads plug into the Turborix Rx with the signal lead towards the RX body or the RX edge?
ronaldf is offline Find More Posts by ronaldf
Old Aug 09, 2009, 04:13 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
the ground lead is farthest from the antenna .. middle is power then closest to the ant. is signal wire
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Aug 09, 2009, 04:23 PM
Oakhurst, CA
Joined May 2006
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit
the ground lead is farthest from the antenna .. middle is power then closest to the ant. is signal wire
Thank you.
Also what is the purpose of this:
ronaldf is offline Find More Posts by ronaldf
Old Aug 09, 2009, 04:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
Hello

Hello,
since this topic is way too big, I tried reading it but I failed.
I'm interested to use this pair of Tx/Rx to transmit digital data using an mcu connected at each end. Is it possible?
reSpawn is offline Find More Posts by reSpawn
Old Aug 09, 2009, 04:55 PM
Firefox
USA, KS
Joined Oct 2005
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldf
Thank you.

It's the binding plug, used so that the transmitter and "see" and bind to the receiver the first time.
Firefox675 is offline Find More Posts by Firefox675
Old Aug 09, 2009, 05:49 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldf
Thank you.
The smaller one is for binding directly if you have good access to your Rx.
The larger one is to use if you have a three wire charging port that will accept that binding plug - might keep you from having to remove the Rx from your plane.
If the radio that you have is the 4 channel version here is a place for more info. - but since you seem to have a manual, it must be the 6 or 9 channel version - then this link is of no use to you.
However, you may have the 6 channel Rx that is sent with the 4 ch. Tx - then you could get some info for the Rx - just ignore the Tx info.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1051701
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli