SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:40 AM
Espaņa, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
Yes, before I forget to ask ,,,, can you just remove the satellite part ? whats the negative in doing this except loosing one antenna .
You can remove the satellite, the receiver would still work, but you loose the advantages of receiver diversity.

The satellite is a second receiver, exactly the same as the one piggybacked on the main receiver's mainboard, so the mainboard's MCU can choose which of them has better reception. As 2.4 GHz is prone to shadowing and multipathing problems, you must expect a reduction in range after removing the satellite.

Also, having two properly installed antennas (forming a right angle) increases the chances that one of them is properly oriented with the transmitter antenna, which is important in a plane that can be constantly changing its orientation.

But in the case of surface use (and the 3 ch RX is mainly for that), the advantages of diversity are less evident, as you need less range, and also can assure that the vertical axis of the vehicle is (more or less) vertical all the time, so if you set vertical TX and RX antennas they'd allways be parallel.

EDIT: I took so long to post that Blackfoot had already answered...
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:49 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Thanks for quick and correct answers..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 05, 2009, 08:07 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I got my 6Ch programmable radio with RX here... hobbypartz.com

It was the cheapest price I could find for a 6 channel in the USA. Programmable (full) version. looks like they are out of stock now, however they say more in stock in 1-3 weeks.
shipping was fast and reasonable. Plus the HK RX's work with this radio. I bought 2 more RX from HK. plus it came with USB cable and drivers for xp plus manual on mini DVD disk.
Brett
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Last edited by bsfixit; Aug 05, 2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2009, 09:35 AM
United States, NY, Shirley
Joined Oct 2008
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwalsh18
enjoyhobbies is $46.99 plus $2.00 thats $48.99 shipped i just saved you $3.00 you owe me
I know but RCmodelparts posts on here so I feel a little more confident buying from him. It's on it's way. Now to get a little computer from ebay.
reacher10 is online now Find More Posts by reacher10
Old Aug 05, 2009, 10:46 AM
Joined Oct 2008
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10
I sent them an email asking if the USB cable came with it and they said it comes with the emitter and reciever so I emailed them back saying I understand that but what about the USB cable to program it...we'll see.
OK... Enjoyhobbies says the USB and software are included...pretty good deal.
Old Aug 05, 2009, 05:39 PM
The reviewer
Tokoroa
Joined Mar 2004
3,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFl
You can remove the satellite, the receiver would still work, but you loose the advantages of receiver diversity.
I have flown without the satellite receiver and noted very definite glitching/lockout at ranges as close as 150 yards.

The FlySky receivers are not very sensitive (-87dB versus the more normal -95dB to -100dB of many other brand) so without the satellite they are more sensitive to the losses caused by cross-polarization, multi-pathing, shadowing and other propagation issues.
XJet is offline Find More Posts by XJet
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:12 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
Still trying to interface my computer with the transmitter. Does anyone know if the USB to S-Video cable supplied with the unit has any active components in it or is it just wired pin to pin? If no active components can someone please ring out the cable so that I can build one?
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:41 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
its a USB to serial chip in there PL-2303.. problem has to be the driver or your OS.
what is your operating system on the PC?
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Aug 05, 2009, 07:51 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkovachi
Still trying to interface my computer with the transmitter. Does anyone know if the USB to S-Video cable supplied with the unit has any active components in it or is it just wired pin to pin? If no active components can someone please ring out the cable so that I can build one?
Errr... yes, it has a printed circuit board that modulates the signal from USB to RS-232 (serial) interface signal on the controller. If you try to direct wire from USB to the radio, you will get nowhere.
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:09 AM
PJG
Ad astra per alia porci
Joined Jul 2009
57 Posts
Eurgle 3 channel Rx

They are now in stock

http://r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcps61413

Sorry guys, it looks like they have run out already. Two hours ago, they were available. Tant pis! (as they say round here).

Receivers ordered yesterday shipped this am 07/08/09
PJG is offline Find More Posts by PJG
Last edited by PJG; Aug 07, 2009 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Update
Old Aug 06, 2009, 04:16 AM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJG
I still see "Out of stock" on the bottom right of the page ???
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Aug 06, 2009, 01:13 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,993 Posts
Driver doesn't show up.

When I install the driver it doesn't show up in the com ports. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Anyone know any tricks for this?
Old Aug 06, 2009, 01:15 PM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
USA, KY, Paris
Joined Dec 2002
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10
When I install the driver it doesn't show up in the com ports. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3

Anyone know any tricks for this?
It doesn't show up for me until I plug in the USB cable.
Iflyj3 is offline Find More Posts by Iflyj3
Old Aug 06, 2009, 02:18 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyj3
It doesn't show up for me until I plug in the USB cable.
OK cool...It didn't get delivered yet so I figured I could install the driver and software to get a look see.

Thanks
Old Aug 06, 2009, 11:17 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I don't have the cable and was trying to build one. New cable on order.
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi