3,077 Posts
but no rx included
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2009, 10:53 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,677 Posts
Yeah no receiver included, you have to buy it separately.
You would think they would at least have a link to the receiver too.
They have the TX but aren't selling the RX.
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2009, 11:01 AM
Colombia, Caldas, Manizales
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-111 John
Try this:
Mix 1
Source: VR A
Des: CH5
Up Rate: 100%
Down Rate: 100%
Switch: ON

Mix 2
Source: VR B
Des: CH6
Up Rate: 100%
Down Rate: 100%
Switch: ON

That should make channels 5 and 6 work. When you made your two mixes, you wiped out the above factory mixes.
Thanks a lot John
so if you need 2 mixes is impossible to use the 6 channels?
choza is offline Find More Posts by choza
Old Aug 04, 2009, 11:01 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
any good deals on RX's?
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:21 PM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choza
Thanks a lot John
so if you need 2 mixes is impossible to use the 6 channels?
Maybe someone else knows of a way, but as far as I've been able to discover, it takes two mixes to make a V-tail or elevon function, leaving one mix for a fifth channel such as as landing gear.

It takes all three mixes to make flapperons and/or spoilerons, using either channel 5 or 6 for the second aileron servo, leaving no mixes for the 6th channel, so no landing gear or separate flaps when using flapperons.

Also, obviously you can't use this radio on a model that requires both flapperons and has a V-tail. If they just added a few more mixes and included expo, and maybe let you use the switches as channel controls, this radio would be functionally equal to the DX6i (disregarding 2.4GHz performance.)

The sad part is all of the above is just software. Since the radio in Heli mode can do a pitch curve and a throttle curve, it can do the math necessary for control expo. I'm sure the memory isn't so maxed out that it couldn't do 6 mixes instead of 3. And the switches are just inputs to the microprocessor, so it's only software that is needed to make a switch drive a channel to max or min, instead of just being throttle cut, dual rate, or to turn a mix on or off.

Like the larger FlySky/Turnigy/iMax/Eargle 9X, the potential is right there, but for the lack of a few lines of debugged code...
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:33 PM
Joined Sep 2004
206 Posts
They do offer the Tx plus dual Rxs combination:
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=358

Anyone know what the ‘Stick Setting’ function does on the ‘FS 2.4G Programmable Transmitter’? Does it allow you to designate where each channel appears in the output stream? If so, this would be great as it would allow matching to different systems e.g. the HobbyKing stream is the same as Futaba/Hitec i.e. ‘Airleron’ first but Specktrum/JR has throttle first and Airtronics has ‘Elevator’ first. I went though the manual but it only says that the ‘Stick Setting’ switch is “for control mode adjustment according to different customer’s habit, this system offers four different mode to chose.” Ad sites the feature;
‘Programmable channel output’
implying that the Tx channel sequence can indeed be varied.
CitizenKane is offline Find More Posts by CitizenKane
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:45 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane
They do offer the Tx plus dual Rxs combination:
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=358
Yeah, but ....
$45 with Rx $18 without Rx
just to get the $10 Rx - seems too high.
And the picture and also the specs show that the Rx has the short antenna.
hummm....
maybe the Tx plus Rx price will get updated soon, eh?

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:05 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek
any good deals on RX's?
$15

http://unitedhobbies.com/hobbycity/s...z_Receiver_6Ch

$17 radio ply $15 receiver... cheaper than most places that have them together, and everyone is out of stock.

http://www.airlandseahobbies.com/pro...cps61206-61411

As for me, I don't need the receiver since I have some, and I don't need the cable, because I am making my own to run off Sony Clie.
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Aug 04, 2009, 01:41 PM
España, AL, Sevilla
Joined Apr 2007
515 Posts
The problem of buying from different suppliers is usually shipping costs are higher this way.

I couldn't find shipping costs at snhobbies (maybe you have to register). Do you have any info?
MoFl is offline Find More Posts by MoFl
Old Aug 04, 2009, 02:47 PM
Up in smoke!
Greenville, TX
Joined Jun 2007
627 Posts
Just received my TX from SNHobbies. Shipping is $10 flat rate for US delivery. Still need to put some batteries in it and test it out.
BlueFFF is offline Find More Posts by BlueFFF
Old Aug 04, 2009, 02:56 PM
Joined Apr 2007
46 Posts
Same here ... just got mine today also. I'm trying to fabricate a USB serial cable since I didn't think to order one with the transmitter. I have a bi-directional opto isolation dboard that came with my FMA CellPro 10S for use in connecting it to a computer. I just don't know if it is a level shifter also. I'm waiting for a reply from the FMA engineers.
gkovachi is offline Find More Posts by gkovachi
Old Aug 04, 2009, 03:20 PM
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
will it work if you have different brand tx and rx? can i use the $18 tx with my hdx6i receiver??

snhobbies for me is a flate rate of $9.95 from canada.

hey mofl what do you think would be the best way for me to try shorting the pads for the unused switch?

i was checking out the schematic and i noticed what the other switches were labeled but i have no idea what they are or do. what is aa1? dr? dr1? d/r?
edwalsh18 is offline Find More Posts by edwalsh18
Old Aug 04, 2009, 04:12 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
In stock here as well.

http://rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=544

and here...never heard of these guys

http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/rc-syste...able-rc-system

and I asked Nitroplanes if they would be getting them in stock and they replied 1 to 2 weeks.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
Old Aug 04, 2009, 04:56 PM
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10
In stock here as well.

http://rcmodelpart.com/product.php?id_product=544

and here...never heard of these guys

http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/rc-syste...able-rc-system

and I asked Nitroplanes if they would be getting them in stock and they replied 1 to 2 weeks.

can you get any pages to pop up on the enjoyhobbies website? i can't. do you know where they are located? i can't see shopping cart, or login, see the contacts page, nothing works. i just get the "problem loading page" error
edwalsh18 is offline Find More Posts by edwalsh18
Old Aug 04, 2009, 05:07 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwalsh18
can you get any pages to pop up on the enjoyhobbies website? i can't. do you know where they are located? i can't see shopping cart, or login, see the contacts page, nothing works. i just get the "problem loading page" error

Yeah I was getting that prob also. Try starting right from http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz and see if that works...it's one hokey website.

I sent them an email asking if the USB cable came with it and they said it comes with the emitter and reciever so I emailed them back saying I understand that but what about the USB cable to program it...we'll see.
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10