HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Dr Kiwi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:52 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
Your site is different, Robert. For one thing, it is strictly informative; you aren't selling anything. The lookup stuff is a lot easier to do when the client is participating in the filtration of input criteria, so having client-side Jabbascrapped makes the server's job bunches easier and also reduces network traffic. I am not universally opposed to the use of JS for all applications. In fact, I am building AJAX junk myself even as we "speak."

My complaint is about those lazy-ass web designers who rely on JS for everydurnthing on the entire site. These are the same turds who use crappy templates from Dreamweaver examples and expect everyone to rez and size their displays exactly as the viewport under which the site was created. Very unprofessional. You can get away with the fixed width presentation on flybrushless because your info far outweighs the way it's presented. Heh.
A Useless Geek is offline Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:44 PM
Garden Grove, California, United States
Joined Apr 2004
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes View Post
You're more than welcome, of course. Just out of curiosity, where did you buy that motor? I had not seen the Precision Aeronautics Thrust motors before and it is an interesting motor. Looks to be well designed for cooling and all the details on their web page are interesting. It's too bad that other motors don't have the same amount of detailed information and testing available........

Jack
I haven't actually purchased one of their motors. I was just hoping someone had some thrust numbers on the Thrust 10 to compare to. I have a A20-26m sitting around, and figured to use it in one of their planes. I was just curious if I'd be getting similar performance.

Yes, they do seem to offer some fairly extensive and informative details for their products. It leaves me confused why they don't list the weight of their ESCs

Cham
cham is offline Find More Posts by cham
Last edited by cham; Oct 31, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:12 PM
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Gunther

Dr Kiwi,

Just purchased a Gunther BG but do not find it in your database.

Is it listed under another name??? It comes from Dymond (who are very reluctant to provide tech info on their products).

Larry
larrytoo is offline Find More Posts by larrytoo
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:25 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
Larry is "Gunther BG" one of their gold colored motors (e.g. 2208)?????

If so, they look just like re-badged Suppo motors.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Motor info

I just posted a cry for help in this category and also the previous message but had a more pointed question for you and your table.

For the Amp and Watt are you using the input to an ESC or the input to the motor? If the latter, what kind of meters are you using (not necessarily brand).

If you read my motor and ESC help cry, you will understand my dilema as a newcomer to electrics (my first R/C transmitter was scratch built with a 3A5 tube!) but not new to R/C.

Larry
larrytoo is offline Find More Posts by larrytoo
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:32 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,205 Posts
Ha! I believe I have found it...it is a re-badged Dynam A22-15M motor....... http://extremerc.co.nz/index.php?mai...roducts_id=449

Sorry, I have tested the A22-20L but not this smaller one.

Cheers, Phil
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:03 AM
France, RA, Cormaranche-en-Bugey
Joined Feb 2011
547 Posts
Hi!

still working on propellers...

So I have some new ideas, I'll put prop data onto a blog, like small reviews...

One thing I've tried is present charts to find thrust and power required at different speeds and rpm, extrapolated from test data.

This is the blog:
http://aerotrash.over-blog.com/categorie-12195407.html
(french)

google translate (funny):
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...ty_YKNwohUfR6w

I show you the chart for the APC 7x6E:
yomgui is offline Find More Posts by yomgui
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:47 AM
Antony (France)
Joined Sep 2003
2,994 Posts
Hi Guillaume (Yomgui)
Nice testings and graphs
Louis
Fourdan is offline Find More Posts by Fourdan
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:37 AM
France, RA, Cormaranche-en-Bugey
Joined Feb 2011
547 Posts
Thanks Louis!

BTW, all can be shared on flybrushless, if one think the charts are usefull in any way.
It doesn't pretend to be the true truth, but just to give a good comparative picture.
yomgui is offline Find More Posts by yomgui
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:52 AM
Dayton Montgomery, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
259 Posts
I am willing to add your wind tunnel testing data to the site if you would like and people would find it helpful. I will need some time to re-read over your early posts to understand it all first. Right now I am working overtime at work plus with the holidays right around the corner I don't have a lot of free time available on the site. Hopefully after the new year I will be good start working on it again.

Robert
rgoble is offline Find More Posts by rgoble
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,287 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16231
Here is some prop tests i did on the Turnigy NTM 900 kv motor i just got.
quality seems great.
value is top notch.
i have this motor mounted in a EFlight advance 25.
have not flown with the motor yet and wanted a 4 cell setup so here is 4 different prop tests.
===============
4 cell 30/40 turnigy battery.
11x7 prop
40-- amps
620-- watts
===============
4 cell 30/40 turnigy battery
12x8 prop
49--amps
740--watts
===============
3 cell 30/40 turnigy battery
12x8
30---amps.
330---watts.
if a person looks at the prop test numbers closely you could very easlly run this motor on 3 cell or 4 with out changing the prop, just change the CIG in what ever plane your flying.
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Sep 2004
259 Posts
Its taken a lot longer then I would of liked, but I've finally found some time to work on the site. I just made some changes to the inner workings of the site, but there shouldn't be any noticeable differences when using the site. I tested the changes thoroughly but due to their site wide effects it is possible I missed something. So please let me know if you have any issues, even if its something minor.

Thanks,
Robert
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
The search facility is croaking Big Time, Robert. It dies a horrid PHP death on anything.

By the way, you ought to shut off the server-side PHP error reporting back to the user. It reveals stuff about your directory structure you prolly don't want published to sundry and all.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:25 PM
Joined Sep 2004
259 Posts
Both issues are fixed now, thanks for pointing them out. I upgrade the framework I'm using and the new version overwrites the php.ini settings where I turned off the error reporting.

Thanks,
Robert
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,543 Posts
Overwrites your local php.ini?!? That's heresy! Where's my pitchfork and pot of pitch?