HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:03 PM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
MT-1 and Lama coaxial heli

How do I use the MT-1 to measure rotor rpm on a Esky Lama coaxial heli? There are two asynchronous sets of blades at work. Must I disable one rotor?
Thanks.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:42 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Garymcc,

It's better to measure the rotor RPM one by one. Suggest you putting your Lama under sunlight, then to point the measuring port at the rotor under the Lama.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:15 AM
USA, FL, Palm Bay
Joined May 2008
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymyankel
That Is Neither Fair Nor Rational: You Need Have No Fear, I'm Not Going To Make A Warranty Claim Which Runs Up My Costs To 50% Or More Of The Product.

I WILL NOT "THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD."

Why would any rational person pay another $5 or so in postage, on top of $10 already paid, to get a $30 item replaced or repaired?

You wouldn't and I will not.

Let others make their own decisions, but how you deal with something like this tells one a great deal about how you manage this company.

In the insurance industry, how a company handles claims is how one judges a company's policies and I reckon it is about the same.

I must agree with hymankel. How a company responds with customer service will tell all. GWS just had its customer service exposed. They could have very easely increased its reputation by simply fixing this problem with a prepaid return label. Rather, they chose to bury its head in the sand, I was ready to order this device. After reading this forum, I'll just pass. GWS, I wonder how many additional sales you will loose because of your non-responsiveness.

pete
malitape is offline Find More Posts by malitape
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:32 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Pete,

I did reply to his posts, but I'm afraid that it's the RMA policy applied on most of GWS products. Normally we pay the postage for sending back the product that has been repaired or replaced.

Chen
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:35 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malitape
I must agree with hymankel. How a company responds with customer service will tell all. GWS just had its customer service exposed. They could have very easely increased its reputation by simply fixing this problem with a prepaid return label. Rather, they chose to bury its head in the sand, I was ready to order this device. After reading this forum, I'll just pass. GWS, I wonder how many additional sales you will loose because of your non-responsiveness.

pete
Great first post Pete (not). If you had spend a little more time on the forums here you would have known that GWS is great at supporting their customers.

Actually, I am pretty confident in saying that there is no other company that responds to the post in the forums here as much as GWS does.
CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:29 AM
Joined Mar 2009
11 Posts
Question concerning the major function F6 testing of the transmitter. Does the P/N GWHOS022B transmitter signal cord work for the DX7 transmitter? If so how much does it cost.
Please note I am a new-be to RC's.
Thanks for help and input.
apucjames is offline Find More Posts by apucjames
Old Jun 12, 2009, 08:05 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
For motor test stand?

Just got one from GWS Taipei store with the help of Mr. Chen.

Have simple I hope question; plan to use it on my motor test stand -- tacho for prop rpm & to control the ESC with MT-1's knob.

Hope all I have to do is plug my ESC (w/BEC) into the port pictured below (one connection only) and use tach mode -- F7.

The plug ESC to battery and turn MT-1 knob to run motor???

TIA,

Jim
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:26 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Jim,

You could apply the BEC as the power source. But it's better to use dry cells or 10 - 15V DC currents instead, as you have to treat the ESC as the servo that needs to be tested manually on MT-1 by applying major function F4, then turn the knob as the throttle stick. Normally set the signal range 900 - 2100 us (never go over 800 - 2200) for the throttle, and apply 900 as WOT, while 2100 as idle.

Be sure to plug the ESC into the positive signal output port of MT-1 correctly for your test.

Probably you have to set the throttle range on the ESC by following its manual with the knob of MT-1.

Chen
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Jun 13, 2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:28 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Darn, was afraid of that; why is it that way Chen?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:31 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Apucjames,

Sorry for not replying to your question early. It works if the plug of this signal cord fits DX7 transmitter.
The suggested retail price of this cord is US$4.50

Chen

edited: Added the retail price of the signal cord of GWHOS022B.
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Jun 13, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 01:19 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Jrb,

I'm sure you took enough reference from my post as I just edited it. Be reminded that there's only one 3-pin lead coming from the ESC, and you have to plug it into MT-1 for doing your test. It seems no way to further apply its BEC with MT-1.

Chen
Old Jun 13, 2009, 06:39 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
So Chen does that mean for me to use GWS ECS as the standard for my test stand I need an inverted Y adapter?

Plug one end to "BEC" and one to servo output Positive Signal .

Which would then supply power to the MT-1 via "BEC" connection, and Servo Signal to ESC to be controlled by the MT-1 knob?

And, with Mode F7 selected I get default servo values to +servo output (OK for GWS ESC) and be able to run motor via ECS and read prop rpm?

TIA,

Jim
Last edited by jrb; Jun 13, 2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 09:46 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Jrb,

Well, using a 3-pin Y harness might be the only way, as the ESC applied one 3-pin lead with the receiver for all functions and BEC, but we've not so tested at GWS, I'll have to discuss this new idea with our R&D on next Monday to see if MT-1 is happy when so connected with the ESC.

You have to apply F0 for adjusting all values, and F4 for testing/operating servo/ESC manually, and F7 for measuring RPM.

Chen
Old Jun 13, 2009, 04:33 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN

You have to apply F0 for adjusting all values, and F4 for testing/operating servo/ESC manually, and F7 for measuring RPM.

Chen
Thanks Chen; maybe all that will be clear when I get home and can start using the unit.

Jim
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:20 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,688 Posts
Hi Jim,

I got the confirmation from R&D. It's OK but you have to plug the BEC first, perform the F-4 function, then plug the other 3-pin plug
into the Postive Signal output for your test.

Hope these would be helpful.

Chen