Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:43 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
June 2010 Meeting Minutes

June 14 2010 Meating Minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:05 P.M. by club president Chris Zangle

There were 13 menbers in attendance.

Secretary's report: was read and approved.

Treasurer's report: was read and approved.

Sod farm report: The sod farm is a little wet, but otherwise in good condition.

Quarry field report: the field is in good condition, although we had some reports of guests complaining of low spots with standing water. Craige has some earth that we may use to fill these areas.
The field marshal requests that if you use the gravely please clean off the mower deck after use. Tim Stadler askes that we contact him for porta poddy service. He is the liaison between us and the service company. members are to refrain from contacting the service company directly.

Old business: The Flag Day Fun Fly was a success. 100 - 150 spectators checked us out and purchased food and drink. Many questions were answered by vam members and the other registered flyers . The pilot that traveled farthest was from Sturgeon Bay.
Many giant scale planes were flown. some local, and some from the Shawano club. Thank you gentlemen for sharing your impressive aircraft with us.
Start time for next year was recommended to be 10:00 o'clock.
Future considerations were discussed for tenting and spectators.

New business: Tim Miller soloed this past month. Congratulations Tim.

The PA system is being checked for faults encountered with the AC side of the electronics and a motion was approved to pay for the repairs.

A motion was made and approved to explore the cost of a generator.

Funds in the amount of 1200 dollars were approved to purchase a refrigerator for Quarry Field upon obtaining permission from the city to use one. If the funds prove to be inadiquate for the purchase, it was reccommended to raise the additional monies through fund raisers such as cook outs and donations.

The Calumet club is holding their annual Father's Day fun fly on the 20th of this month. please come out and share in this great annual event.

The purchase of another canopy for future events was discussed with out any motion made. we will continue the discussion at a later date.

A suggestion was made to ask the city of Hortonville to use their hall space for indoor flying for a fee.

Vice president Jay Strauss made the suggestion of hiring the Cloude Dancers rc show teem for future events.

Discussion was held on the future of general aviation.

Meeting adjourned at 8:50 P.M.
Submitted by James Van Linn
Club secretary
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Jun 22, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:19 PM
Registered User
Ich Bin's Avatar
Appleton, WI
Joined May 2009
239 Posts
I was the one that called the porta potty company. We were at the field thurs. before the flyin and it needed servicing. Delaying another day might have left us with a full and stinky potty for all our guests. Jay, Jim and others were present and we all thought it a good idea.

Eric
Ich Bin is offline Find More Posts by Ich Bin
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:13 PM
Registered User
timflight1's Avatar
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
599 Posts
Not a problem Eric. I brought it up at the meeting as a reminder for Field Marshalls to keep an eye on them and let me know if we need to call Hyler so we don't have to have emergency calls in the future.

Tim
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:23 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
July meeting minutes

July 12 2010 Meeting Minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 P. M. by club president Cris Zangle.
there were 23 members and 1 guest in attendance.

Secretary's report was waived due to time limits

Treasurer's report was waived due to time limits

Old business
The indoor flying in hortonville was discussed and due to the lease agreement that would be required and flying site insurance issues, a motion was made to adopt the site as an indoor venue, was voted on and disapproved.
The solar powered refrigerator suggestion was set aside for further consideration. It was decided to purchase a new cooler instead as the old one no longer sealed properly. A fifty dollar check was issued to Jim Van Linn to purchase a new cooler.

New Business
The no smoking rule at Quarry Field is to be followed. smoking is prohibited on the site.
A request from a guest was made to see if VAM would host a flying demonstration program for some 1st - 5th grade Boy Scouts for October 4th.
Jay Straus volunteered to head up the event.
The A.M.A soaring society will be holding an event at the E.A.A Kid Venture, and will teach design concepts.
A buddy box was requested for this event, but a digital buddy box was not available. It is time to upgrade our buddy box and other training tools.
Kerry our field marshal requests that we use the ledger to keep track of who is mowing the field. we need this to make sure all users are checked out on the operation of the machinery. If you have not been checked out on the use of the equipment, please refrain from using it. In addition, when you clear cut a new section of grass for any purpose, please remember to walk the area to be cut and check for possible hazardous debris that could make contact with the mower deck.
Thanks to Mike Stoop for using his personal equipment to roll the field last saturday. This is the sort of participation the club needs from the membership.
Don't forget to sign the member's log when you come and go at the field for any purpose. It is located inside the transmitter impound.

Meeting adjourned at 7:26 P. M.

Submitted by
Jim Van Linn
Vam Secretary.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Aug 09, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:17 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
AUGUST 2010 MEETING MINUTES

The meeting was called to order at 7:06 P.M. by club president Chris Zangl .
there were 15 members in attendance


Treasurer's report was waived in the interest of time

Secretary's report was waived in the interest of time

Sod farm report the sod farm is drying out. still some soft spot.
the porta potty was serviced.
the glider fest is august 21st
the hand launch contest aka cheesehead chuckfest, is Labor day weekend. September 4th

Quarry field report. it is still there!
there is a secondary windsock installed near the end of the runway in the notheast corner.

Old business solar power was discussed again

New business the wausau funfly is august 14th
the deck wheels on the gravely need to be replaced
we are looking to have a cookout in the near future
loooking into a state grant for solar power.
Bob J said to all who were worried about the rain for this meeting THWY

Meeting was adjourned at 7:35 P.M.

submitted entirely too late,
JIm Van Linn secretary VAM
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 08:16 AM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
September 2010 meeting minutes

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by club president Chris Zangle

Secretary report
was read and challenged as to items that were left out of the august minutes. these items were the following.
A discussion was held about the neccesity of having two fields and wether or not we could combine both gliders and powered aircraft into one. it was determined that the two types while being of interest to many in the club, it was decided that they were two different uses of the airspace and would be a conflict between the two for airspace and landing proceedures.
There was also discussion about community involvement in the form of adopting a roundabout and, or a highway. it is thought that the VAM name would reach more people this way.
The minutes were approved as corrected.
The secretary wishes to apologise for the omissions, and wishes to thank those for who were observant enought to notice them. i clame adult onset what's it called.

Treasurer's report
the report was read and approved.The club currently stands at 80 members. The certificates of deposit are comming due on 11.27.2010 and we must decide at the October meeting what we want to do with them.

Sod farm report
The problem with the porta potty was corrected.
The sod is being harvested in the section where the porta potty is located, but it is felt that it does'nt need to be moved.
We are concidering making a base for it to be bolted to next year.
A new vendor is being considered for the servicing of both porta potties, and also purchasing another one to replace the current rented one.

Quarry field report
The field looks good.
The city lock was incorrectly applied to the chain and had to be cut. Chris took care of it but stated the chain is getting short and will soon need to be replaced. A suggestion was made to ask the city for a copy of the city key in case it happens again.


Indoor flying
Bob Johnson will be asked to check with Carl Treber to see if we can use the gym again this year.
Player's choice can also be concidered as an alternitive. we can check weekly if we need to reserve a section or just use general admission to save a few dollars.

Old business
The october scout demonstration was cancelled. It will be scheduled for some time in the early spring.

New business

Club officer nomination time is at hand. Cris, Jay, and Tim will offer their services for another year if the members choose to accept thier offers. Jim does not offer his, so we will need to nominate and vote for the club secretary only. Of course members may nominate any they may wish before voting on any position.

Jay is looking into the adopt a highway program to see if anything is available in the area for Quarry, and Reg will look into adopting a round about for the sod farm users. It is concidered that this would be a good way to get our name out to the community.
Both of these would require a troop of members to commit to this. Seven or eight people should be sufficient. It would be a one year commitment of twice a year if the information is correct. this would be renewable every year.

The idea of hiring the Cloud Dancers to perform at our events for next year.
We also need to hold more events over the course of the year.
The Quarry Field lease is up for renewal concideration by the city Wednesday the 22nd. Any one that want's to attend may do so. the meeting will be held promptly at 4 P.M. Please try not to be late. It may disturb the prccedings
The location is at the city center on the 6th floor.

Field maintenance was discussed. We need to fill the low spots on the runway and in other low lying ares and needs to be done soon.Dan B has volunteered his loader and will be available as his time will allow. Jim V.L. will determine how much fill will be needed Tuesday morning and will report to the club officers. volunteers will be needed just like when we moved the runway to it's current orientation.
A motion was made and approved to use up to, but not exceeding 1,000 dollars of the club's funds. It is avised that these funds be used in a judicious manner.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:03 P.M.
submitted 9.21.2010
Club secretary,
Jim Van Linn

post script.
if anyone feels that i have left anything out, please contact me via e-mail. thank you all
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Last edited by knighttwister; Oct 11, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 09:07 AM
Scott Zastoupil
szastoupil's Avatar
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,625 Posts
What is the date for the City of Appleton meeting? You may want to update the minutes to reflect that.
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:48 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szastoupil View Post
What is the date for the City of Appleton meeting? You may want to update the minutes to reflect that.
wednesday the 22nd tomorrow.

thanks Scott
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:50 PM
end user
knighttwister's Avatar
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
has anyone seen my mind?
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
Registered User
timflight1's Avatar
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
599 Posts
Just a follow up. The Department of Public Works will be discussing renewal of our lease agreement tomorrow (Sept 22nd 4pm at City Hall) and Sue Olson mentioned to me via email that it may be best to have someone from the club present so I committed to being there. Todd also has history with Sue so I have asked that he attend as well.

Before members become too concerned, our original lease was for three (5) year periods at which point they could reconsider the lease amount. We will start our second (5) year period in January so it's simply time to re-negotiate the lease amount (as expected).

The Public Works Director is not recommending an increase in the lease amount, but they don't always support staff recommendations. If the item is not held, it will go the Common Council on October 6 for final approval. We will likely not need to attend that meeting, unless something changes at the September 22 meeting that causes us to want to speak to the entire Council.

We encourage members to attend if no other reason than a show of support. However, it may be best to have designated spokesman and Todd and I have been assigned and accepted that role.

Thanks,
Tim Stadler
VAM Treasurer
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:52 PM
Scott Zastoupil
szastoupil's Avatar
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,625 Posts
Tim,
Excellent update. I was hoping that you and/or Todd would be present because of the rapport you guys have with the city representatives.
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
Registered User
timflight1's Avatar
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
599 Posts
I thought I'd report that the Board of Public Works did in fact support staff recommendations so next up is Common Council on Oct 6th. The full council will likely approve the lease renewal without debate so we need not attend that meeting. We should be good to go from this point forward.

As far as the topsoil project being approved by the City, I'm still waiting on a response.
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Last edited by timflight1; Sep 22, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
Registered User
timflight1's Avatar
Greenville WI
Joined Jul 2007
599 Posts
Guys the City has halted our soil project. They want to be sure there is not something else going on with the landfill cap as they recently noticed a bunch of low areas. I will possibly open a new thread to discuss further later tonight and can share more information at that time.
timflight1 is offline Find More Posts by timflight1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 03:08 PM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Jason_WI's Avatar
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
571 Posts
This is a common problem with landfills. It can be from uneven compaction and the fact that the biomass is decaying underneath and being compressed by the weight overhead.
Jason_WI is online now Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 05:20 PM
James Gang #1
Cykhoi1's Avatar
USA, WI, Appleton
Joined Jan 2005
292 Posts
Might give a whole new meaning to "Pits".
Cykhoi1 is offline Find More Posts by Cykhoi1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools