HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by flyboy321, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 07, 2008, 12:04 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
Discussion
My Supercub Story

Alright you guys. So it has been about 2-3 months since I've flown my cub... and guess what?! I FLEW IT TODAY!!!!!! So it happened about 2-3 months ago when I broke the Fuse for the last time. I had cracked the back off 3 times, and the firewall once. This time it ripped open the part where the electronics go. It had come to the point where my fuse was more epoxy than foam. So it just had to go. So I took all of the electronics out of my plane. And saved the fuse (no idea why, just did). So then about a month ago I was like "man, maybe I'll try it once again". So i glued the fuse one last time. Put all of the electronics in it, and went for it. I cracked the back half off for the 4th time, and broke off other various parts. So I gutted it again. And once again kept the fuse. So I about 2 weeks ago my brother was going to get a game for his gamecube. I said "Trevor, you already have like 100 games, why don't you buy a plane and I can teach you to fly instead". So he thought about it and then spent like 4 straight hours on the Computer looking for a plane. He found a couple that were under a hundred. And most of those were cheap chinese planes, used plane, or ARF (he didn't know he should get a RTF plane because I wasn't gonna put nice electronics in his starter plane. Then it came to me, I could let Trevor use my cub since I don't use it and the electronics are just wasting space. So I told him if he bought the Fuse, I would teach him how to fly and then eventually give him the plane. So I've had it set up on my wall for about 1-2 weeks now. A few days back I made skis for the Trojan, and today was a nice day and was going to fly. But my charger for the Trojan is a car charger, and of course the day that there is no wind theres no cars here. So I said to myself "hmmm, maybe I'll fly the cub since it had a wall charger. So I plugged in the battery and took the skis off my trojan and put them on my Cub. My 8 cell battery was done, So i took it out and kept taxiing it around the street for about 20 minutes. (This thing is a pain in the to taxi around because you can't turn in snow very well, so you have to chase it down all of the time to pick it up and turn it around). So after about 20 minutes of taxiing it, trimming it, and adjusting the wings I was like "well, I better go inside since I can't feel 50% of my body". But I really wanted to try it out. So I tried it out and WOW!!!! I couldn't believe how fun this bird was. I then hit LVC and had to bring it in, but it was really fun. I've been missing out. Now I just have to wait for him to get back from church so I can take him out and fly. But man, I love this bird!!! It is just AMAZING!!!!
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Last edited by flyboy321; Jan 01, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts