HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by xwingnut, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2008, 10:52 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Trader Rating: 317
Sold
UltraFly Sukhoi Unbuilt & Still in the Box. $45 LPU Seattle area.

Here's another one that can go as I won't be getting to it. UltraFly Sukhoi Pusher Jet. The kit is complete but No Motor included, just the plane. However, I have lots of DD motors and/or gearbox setups that would work great for it and can offer something up. Have two Wemo Micro fans that I could sell with it as well if someone wanted to do an EDF conversion?

Local Pick Up in the Seattle Area Only! $45. Please look at the pictures as there has been a few marks/dents created in the foam from shipping/being moved around.

Thanks,
Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2008, 11:05 AM
boise idaho, CALI is home
Joined Aug 2005
637 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
so im just gonna ask,
you wont ship item?
parkzonekid is offline Find More Posts by parkzonekid
Old Dec 06, 2008, 11:53 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkzonekid
so im just gonna ask,
you wont ship item?
I'm sorry however, I have to say no and here's a few reasons why;

1.There's approximately 3 million people in the Puget Sound area and I currently fly at 3 different clubs all within 20 miles of my home and together have a combined membership close to 400. There's many local pilots that I can target for a sale that browse RCG.

2.This is Xmas time, a time to be happy so in regards to these sales, I can only be assured of that if I hand the kit to the buyer. Have to take the mailman out of the equation!

3. Fuel is cheap right now so I can attract a few more potential buyers that may be Ok with a drive close to my home.

4. I like to meet the buyer face to face. It's fun and expands our worlds.

5. Back to the Xmas thing, If any of the planes that I currently have listed do not sell by a time that I set before I even post them they will be given away to member belonging to one of the local clubs. There's some that I'm not listing and just giving away. I know how I felt when someone did that for me and right now I like that idea for a present!

6. Will be glad to trade any listed planes for Little Screamers Motors or ARC 28mm and above Motors only. Want to do any trades in person due to all the recent reads in the Trader Talk Forum. Recently had an experience of my own. Had a long time member just decide to blow me off in regards to payment for an item that I sent him on my dime two weeks before he said he could pay. That act affected my trust as I have dealt with this person before. I cannot be assured to whom I deal with if we not meet in person. Shipping does not allow that option. When he did send me partial payment,after I had to send him PM's asking for it, I told him to forget about paying me the rest if he'd be so kind as to leave me some decent feedback. Split payments were not part of the original deal and only generated additional PayPal fees for me so I figured I'd just be kind to him and keep some additional pennies away from PayUpPal. He just blew me off again. No payment and no feedback. Remember the Xmas happy thing? These actions caused negative feelings. I'm done with that!

8. I could go one all day but I'm just rambling now.

Have a great weekend,
Xwing
Last edited by xwingnut; Dec 06, 2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2008, 12:13 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwingnut
There's many local pilots that I can target for a sale that browse RCG.
Lol. STAY AWAY!

EDIT:

"Target"?
What am I, elk?
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Dec 06, 2008, 10:53 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze.45
Lol. STAY AWAY!

EDIT:

"Target"?
What am I, elk?
Actually Blaze, I see you as a more difficult and cunning prey like a Red Fox. Elk just stand there and look at ya!

That's kinda funny you should say that. I messed-up the Alfa A-4 when I hit a pile of Elk droppings while landing. There's piles all over the runway at one of the fields that I fly at. Nasty stuff!!! Wish somebody would "Target" them!

Xwing

PS: An exclusive price for you Blaze, $30 cash-n-carry,,,,,,,, If interested, Ya gotta drive at least to Covington though.
Old Dec 07, 2008, 12:00 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,416 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Quote:
Want to do any trades in person due to all the recent reads in the Trader Talk Forum. Recently had an experience of my own. Had a long time member just decide to blow me off in regards to payment for an item that I sent him on my dime two weeks before he said he could pay. That act affected my trust as I have dealt with this person before. I cannot be assured to whom I deal with if we not meet in person. Shipping does not allow that option. When he did send me partial payment,after I had to send him PM's asking for it, I told him to forget about paying me the rest if he'd be so kind as to leave me some decent feedback. Split payments were not part of the original deal and only generated additional PayPal fees for me so I figured I'd just be kind to him and keep some additional pennies away from PayUpPal. He just blew me off again. No payment and no feedback. Remember the Xmas happy thing? These actions caused negative feelings. I'm done with that!
UGH!!! Sorry to hear about your tribulations with that individual X.

It's hard to tell who we are dealing with online these days. Been taken a couple of times, though in the end (6 to 8 weeks later ) issues have been resolved to my satisfaction. I have put those who have done me wrong in my "Ignore List" just to make sure I do not read (even remotely) their For Sale threads.
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
Old Dec 07, 2008, 03:16 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Quote:
Actually Blaze, I see you as a more difficult and cunning prey like a Red Fox. Elk just stand there and look at ya!

That's kinda funny you should say that. I messed-up the Alfa A-4 when I hit a pile of Elk droppings while landing. There's piles all over the runway at one of the fields that I fly at. Nasty stuff!!! Wish somebody would "Target" them!

Xwing

PS: An exclusive price for you Blaze, $30 cash-n-carry,,,,,,,, If interested, Ya gotta drive at least to Covington though.
Haha, you have a deal my friend. (For the SU, not the elk dung)

I can meet you at the RC Hobbies in Covington, or somewhat further if you want.

-Chris
Old Dec 07, 2008, 03:32 AM
boise idaho, CALI is home
Joined Aug 2005
637 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
wow wouldnt it have been easier to just call each other to sell this plane than to list it ! DUUUHHHHH
parkzonekid is offline Find More Posts by parkzonekid
Old Dec 07, 2008, 03:38 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
And it would have been much easier if you would have kept your mouth shut, but I guess we like doing it the hard way sometimes right buddy?
Old Dec 07, 2008, 10:35 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Blaze,
It's a deal! I'll PM ya my Ph# and you can pick just about anytime to meet as I'm always here looking for reasons to get out & about.

ParkzoneKid posted:"wow wouldnt it have been easier to just call each other to sell this plane than to list it ! DUUUHHHHH"

Parkzonekid,
I must thank you so very much for reinforcing my decision not to ship. I really do appreciate that as I was beginning to develop remorse due to the fact I have not considered putting forth the effort to pack and ship these planes. Actually, I'm just going to give the rest on my list away without posting them here. Might even ship some to out-of-State acquaintances that I have met on the Groups that I feel would appreciate having one. My actions, even though well within my rights, clearly have caused adverse and unfavorable reactions amongst at least one viewer. I honestly had no intentions of creating any such feelings and will avoid doing so in the future as I want no such thought as that on my conscious at night when I prepare to rest.

Also I have to admit, there's no sense in wasting my time to put such a deal in the hands of someone that could very well just look at the seller as a fool for giving such a deal. I personally would like to see the happiness in the eyes when someone receives the previously mentioned deal. I feel this is worth way more to me than just putting a few extra dollars in my pocket.

Now, here's a kicker. Blaze will be receiving the Sukhoi just as pictured below. He now has the option to ship the plane should he decide to sell it and make a profit for himself. All he will need is some tape. I do believe it is safe to assume that it won't getting shipped to you. Once he has the plane it will be his to do with as he pleases and I feel I have no right at an attempt to control and/or post any negative comments should he do so.

Happy flyin' to all.
Regards,
Xwing
Closed Thread