SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2003, 05:53 PM
Waukesha, WI
Joined Dec 2002
566 Posts
CEN Aqua Jet

Has anybody had experience with this boat? Any reviews out there? I'm doing a lot of investigation, so sorry about all the posts for those who keep seeing my name.
R Hudson is offline Find More Posts by R Hudson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2003, 06:57 PM
Maker of Sawdust
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Joined Mar 2001
86 Posts
Highly Recommended

Hi R Hudson
Don't worry about the questions, that's what these boards are for.
The Cen Aqua Jet is a highly recommended starter fast electric boat, but I would only recommend one version. The key to this boats success is its use of a 700 series motor. Cen calls theirs a 775. This is a must. The boat then requires 12 cells (2- 6 cell packs), will run a very quick stable speed with almost no maitenance and will not require any motor upgrades. I would also say that the use of a good electronic speed control is mandatory. There is only one that is recommended for brushed motors. Almost all racers and a lot of experienced sport boaters have realized that the RCHydros.com speed control is indestructible and is totally waterproof (will operate underwater). Anything else is wasting your money.

Cen Aqua Jet - see Steven at: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/

Speed control- see Andy at: http://www.rc-hydros.com/

Hope this helps

Doug Forrester
Forresterace Designs
forresterace is offline Find More Posts by forresterace
Old Mar 01, 2003, 09:29 AM
Joined Feb 2002
143 Posts
Thanks for the Plug Doug!

R Hudson, it is a good boat because of the mentioned motor in stock form. This will keep someone happy for a while. With room for inexpensive upgrades. My site has some of the available upgrades, they are cheap and worthwhile. As everyone knows I am a r/c boat video junkie and there are plenty of them on there also. The stock micro switch should be upgraded at sometime but I haven't on my three boats and they are just fine for sport running. I also recommended the Rc-hydros control if you do decide to upgrade in the future.

Steven Vaccaro
Pagemaster is offline Find More Posts by Pagemaster