HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2009, 08:48 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
1,069 Posts
Diggs, I like! Nice paint scheme and choice of colors..

Eric, Its about time! Looking forward to seeing you fly it inside on the 8th!

Mark
Trouble Maker is offline Find More Posts by Trouble Maker
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2009, 08:54 PM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
i really need to pick up an airbrush. these rattle can paint jobs are too heavy and the sharpies take too long and are too messy.
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:02 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,364 Posts
Speed Building

I decided to clear my bench and see if I could just make a template and modify the wings while the plane was together faster then building a new one and it only took me about 45 minutes and bingo!

old plane new wing setup!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:15 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniel
i really need to pick up an airbrush. these rattle can paint jobs are too heavy and the sharpies take too long and are too messy.
Yaniel,
If you have not checked out this thread you shoud. It has lots of tricks and tips and its not to difficult to do. I know alot of folks have had success with a cheap Harbor Freight airbrush.

There are a few how to videos and links to other threads with some awesome paint schemes. Enjoy!

Link to Adrehers Paint Thread

Mark
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:35 PM
Miami, FL
Joined Mar 2007
683 Posts
thanks TM, i have looked through it. just need to take the plunge and buy the brush!
Figure.N9ne is offline Find More Posts by Figure.N9ne
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:37 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
1,069 Posts
You won't be sorry. Good Luck and if and when you do take the plunge make sure you share the eye candy!
Old Mar 01, 2009, 09:53 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
I got the 8th off of work, so now I just hope my batteries make it on time.

If not, I may have to borrow some.

I'll probably have 4 chargers... Only one balancer but if I'm careful it'll be alright.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Mar 01, 2009, 10:13 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04
I got the 8th off of work, so now I just hope my batteries make it on time.

If not, I may have to borrow some.

I'll probably have 4 chargers... Only one balancer but if I'm careful it'll be alright.

-Eric
Eric I have plenty of batteries. I use micro deans so if you are using something else make an adapter. I have attached an image of the battery side of the connector so the esc side will need to be oposite meaning the pin will stick out on the negative side of the esc. Also I use the fuzzy side of the velcro on the battery.

Mark
Old Mar 01, 2009, 10:37 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble Maker
Eric I have plenty of batteries. I use micro deans so if you are using something else make an adapter. I have attached an image of the battery side of the connector so the esc side will need to be oposite meaning the pin will stick out on the negative side of the esc. Also I use the fuzzy side of the velcro on the battery.

Mark

I think I can handle an adapter. Do you know if you soldered them the same way they say to on the Dean's package? I could probably find some around here if I dig hard enough.

I always put the rough side of velcro on my batteries but the plane I got from Dan had it on the same way you describe, so I'll continue that trend. I don't think it matters a lot.

Hopefully I get some batteries but if not, I'll have to hit you up for some borrowed time. Thanks!

I feel stupid about this... but I'm not sure which Mark I'm talking to here. Aren't there like ... 3 guys named Mark that could potentially be at any given indoor event?

-Eric
Old Mar 01, 2009, 10:44 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
1,069 Posts
Quote:
I think I can handle an adapter. Do you know if you soldered them the same way they say to on the Dean's package? I could probably find some around here if I dig hard enough.

I always put the rough side of velcro on my batteries but the plane I got from Dan had it on the same way you describe, so I'll continue that trend. I don't think it matters a lot.

Hopefully I get some batteries but if not, I'll have to hit you up for some borrowed time. Thanks!

I feel stupid about this... but I'm not sure which Mark I'm talking to here. Aren't there like ... 3 guys named Mark that could potentially be at any given indoor event?

-Eric
Eric,
The package is not to helpful. Just keep in mind that the negative side of the esc will solder on the side with pin. The positive side of the esc will be the socket side of the connector. As far as the Marks go I am the better looking one!
Mark
Old Mar 01, 2009, 11:07 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaniel
scheme looks great! i'm just wondering where the extra weight came from. is that weight including the lipo? what size is it. mine come out between 190g to 200g which is 1 ounce lighter than yours with almost identical parts and hot glue and i'm famous for building heavy.
That was using the 3S 610 pack, so I am sure dropping down to a 2s 460 will reduce it by about an oz. Also I noticed my foam is a bit thicker than 9mm, it is almost 11mm so I am sure that is some of it as well. I think it will be fine, but I was hoping for a 6oz build.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 02, 2009, 06:58 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,980 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a heaver Yak they just fly different. ADREHER just built one out of all 9mm 1.3 EPP and it flies great. The thicker foam does not flex as much so the controls are real crisp and it rolls like mad. The lighter ones are more floaty like a F3p.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Mar 03, 2009, 08:24 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Package says "Male pin + on batt/fem pin + on speed control"

This sounds consistent with what you said, so I'll get an adapter made up *just in case*

I'll put Micro Deans on it anyway but if everything does come in, it probably won't show up until Friday and then I'll be rushing to solder 8 connections and I don't like doing that ... especially when we probably don't have enough connectors to do the job.

-Eric
Old Mar 03, 2009, 11:29 PM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Apr 2008
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Package says "Male pin + on batt/fem pin + on speed control"

This sounds consistent with what you said, so I'll get an adapter made up *just in case*

I'll put Micro Deans on it anyway but if everything does come in, it probably won't show up until Friday and then I'll be rushing to solder 8 connections and I don't like doing that ... especially when we probably don't have enough connectors to do the job.

-Eric

Eric,

Not a problem at all on the batteries. I will try and drop by the shop with a battery just to make sure your adapter is configured right.

Mark
Old Mar 03, 2009, 11:50 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,685 Posts
Fluffy Yak Completed and Ready to Maiden

Just finished my treasured Yak.

Wieght came in at 160g on the button. That is with a 600Mah Dualsky battery.

Not disappointed at all, and will maiden at work tomorrow.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project