Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 28, 2003, 11:25 AM
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,064 Posts
What is the Best value ESC 15-20amp range?

Looking for a good 15 amp- 20 amp ESC non brushless. What is the best value out there. I have been getting them from RC-Dymond, but there level of service is terrible. I have had several rude conversations with them. This last time they argued with me about a simple order I placed with them. Now I am without a ESC for my plane that I wanted to maiden this weekend, all because they dropped the ball and never sent my order.
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:17 PM
Eldorado Hills CA
Joined Feb 2003
76 Posts
Some good prices for ESC

I get most of my ESC's from a couple of guys that I found using Ebay.

David Sobel has a web site that sells mostly GWS stuff and has some great prices on micro servos. He is at www.ALLeRC.com.

Mark at simecka@umacs.net is the other guy that I buy a lot from. He dosen't have a web site yet but has some great prices on GWS ESC's and also on EDF fans.

Both guys sell stuff on Ebay but will also sell outright if you email them, and usually a better price than what the auctions go for. It is always a good idea to watch the auctions however, this can give you a good idea what things are going for. I have found that a lot of times you can get some really great deals on Ebay if you look at the auctions that are over. Use advanced search and check the "completed items" box. This will tell you what the going price is for items.
Good luck and happy shopping
Turbo Bob

P.S.
I just received an email from Mark Wayne as follows,

"Thanks for the good word, never hurts to spread to word to others. But, I've changed my e-mail address. It's now markewayne@yahoo.com. Had too many problems with outlook express e-mail. I can always be found under E-bay search as markewayne. Thanks for your business....hope to talk with you again soon!

Mark"

I have found Mark to be very helpful and quick to reply to questions.
Turbo Bob
turbobob is offline Find More Posts by turbobob
Last edited by turbobob; Mar 03, 2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 12:22 PM
Los Angeles, California
Joined Apr 2002
923 Posts
You can also try this guy, I think his name is Frank.

http://rcguy100.tripod.com

He's got pretty decent prices and shipping cost is reasonable AND he is in CA so shipping time is low, if he's got them in stock.
aau007 is offline Find More Posts by aau007
Old Feb 28, 2003, 01:02 PM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,866 Posts
Why not get a Jeti controller? Very reliable, good value and available just about everywhere.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Feb 28, 2003, 04:06 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,066 Posts
Take a look at the line from Castle Creations. Customer service is outstanding.

http://www.castlecreations.com
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK