HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2008, 02:00 AM
Joined Jan 2008
15 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite Hawker Sea Fury DX6i retract help! I NEED! haha

I have the E-Flite Hawker Sea Fury and i want to set up the retracts on the DX6i. how do i do this?
heliaddict22 is offline Find More Posts by heliaddict22
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2008, 03:15 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,920 Posts
Option #1:
Run them on a Y cable and hook them up to the 'gear' port on your rx

OPTION #2:
For more granular control, you can plug one servo into 'gear' port, and the other into 'aux' channel. Then in your programming, setup a custom mix for gear -> flap (100% up, 100% down. Move the switch to get both directions). If you do it this way, you'll want to make sure your flap settings are set to 0% on the flap screen. This way your aileron in the aux port will get full travel.

Hope that helps!
Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Dec 04, 2008, 08:03 PM
Joined Jan 2008
15 Posts
thanks!
heliaddict22 is offline Find More Posts by heliaddict22
Old Jan 08, 2009, 09:36 AM
www.foambusters.org
Nashville, TN
Joined Mar 2008
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer
Option #1:
Run them on a Y cable and hook them up to the 'gear' port on your rx

OPTION #2:
For more granular control, you can plug one servo into 'gear' port, and the other into 'aux' channel. Then in your programming, setup a custom mix for gear -> flap (100% up, 100% down. Move the switch to get both directions). If you do it this way, you'll want to make sure your flap settings are set to 0% on the flap screen. This way your aileron in the aux port will get full travel.

Hope that helps!
Don
When I tried the y harness on mine, I could not get the gear to sync...one went up, one went down. Any idea how to change this? My LHS did not know, told me I had to put one on one channel, one on the other, and use BOTH switches to gear up or down...NOT what I want to do.
franktrew is offline Find More Posts by franktrew
Old Jan 08, 2009, 09:46 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
United Kingdom, Doncaster
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
You need to buy a reversing y harness, it'll reverse one of the servos.
simon737 is offline Find More Posts by simon737
Old Jan 08, 2009, 11:27 PM
Joined Dec 2008
9 Posts
E-Flite Hawker Sea Fury maunal suggests EXRA320 (Y-Harness 6"/Reverser Standard by Expert Electronics) I'm having the same issue.

Question: Using a Dx6i, is it not possible to mix both gears and ailerons (2 servo's each)? Doesn't see, to be enough channels for both so I'm assuming at least one y harness is a must. If so, any thoughts as to which to harness? (i.e. reverse y harness for gear vs. y harness for aileron)

Thanks!
ekk202 is offline Find More Posts by ekk202
Old Jan 09, 2009, 12:13 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
I run a Y harness on ailerons, they are too near to the tips to be of any real use as flaperons anyway, and having to separate channels mixed to gear is a big benefit in setting up.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:24 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
I bought a reversing harness for the gear and had a standard y for the ailerons, but my didn't work properly so ended up having one wheel plugged into the gear slot and the other in the aux slot, so each wheel is on a seperate switch. I prefer it that way.
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:07 PM
Joined Dec 2008
9 Posts
thanks, played around with mixing the 2 gear servos and now understand why all recommend separate channels for gears. does seem like there's much more adj flexibility than if went with reverse y-harness. I was looking forward to messing around with rx differential settings on dual ailerons, tho, from the looks of it, it wouldn't have made much difference...

would be fantastic if could control the rate of movement through rx... slow retract would look real/nice!
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:14 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,401 Posts
Using programmable servos you can slow them down if you want - Hyperion DS09AMD's would be perfect fit too.

Or you could also do it using 2 "servo-slows"
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jan 09, 2009, 05:23 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekk202
would be fantastic if could control the rate of movement through rx... slow retract would look real/nice!
AS mentioned, a servo slow unit thing works for this or higher end radios let you program in servo speed directly in the computer radio settings. The JR9303 lets you do both speed from 0 to 15 sec.s as well as a delay up to 2 secs.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Jan 09, 2009, 08:53 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Feb 2008
25 Posts
I would recommend using the gear and auxiliary channels and mixing them. I have a DX6 and it took about 30 mins to figure it out. It was worth it, you can set individual end points when you use two channels and mix them. Also consider adding an isolated BEC you are running 6 servos.

Here are my birds:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917247

Good luck.
-RjA
rjapodaca is offline Find More Posts by rjapodaca
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:40 AM
Triple boxed goodness!
Joined Sep 2008
1,552 Posts
RjA,

Do you mind posting the setup you've got on your DX6i for the mixes? I was going to use my mixing for aileron+rudder as i've got my landing gear on independant switches.

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:51 AM
Joined Dec 2008
9 Posts
I'm using a Dx6i with Hitec 65mg servos. I'm sure settings will vary on different equipment and other variables but the following settings seem to work perfectly for me:

Travel adj: Gear 125% (up), 88% (down) / Flap 125%
Sub trim: Gear 0 / Flap (up) 55
Flaps: 88 (down) for both normal and landing
Mix 1: Gear-Flap Rate +125%

Should also note that I am using the holes closest to the pivot point on the servo horns. So movement needs to be adusted way up for full lock.