Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:44 PM
Tri-City park flyer
Kennewick, WA.
Joined May 2004
124 Posts
Question
Will Realflight G4 or 4.5 work on my computer?

You've probably seen a million of these questions, but I couldn't find much specific for my computer. I have an eMachines T3256. Here are the specs.
I have been using FMS, but it's time to upgrade for X-Mas. The only problem is that FMS can get very jerky, and sometimes the sky looks like a patchwork, or worse.
I'm guessing a video card upgrade?
How about memory?

Thanks
Backwing is offline Find More Posts by Backwing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:05 PM
Fresno, Calif
Joined Aug 2005
888 Posts
Backwing
Your way below suggested specs. Your graphics chipset is integrated on the motherboard, so your processor is doing all the graphics. You only have 512 megs of ram which really isn't even enough for XP. You shuld have a minimun of 1 gig and 2 is better.

You do need a graphics card but be sure you have a pci slot for it. I can't tell what MB you have which is really important when upgrading.

I don't think that you can run 4.5 with your present setup. If you do it will be with everything turned off and what is the point of that?

Many of the computers that are sold off the shelf are not configured for major upgrades, ie. few if any expansion slots, no raid, or sli, sle, etc. Therefore you may have to upgrade your motherboard also. I had to go to 500 watt power supply to handle my newest Nivida card, they take a lot of juice.

If you do decide to get 4.5, I think you will like it.

Good luck.
Fred
fredeich is offline Find More Posts by fredeich