HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by xwingnut, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 02, 2008, 09:43 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Trader Rating: 311
Sold
LPU So Seattle Area ViVi NIB $35 & Alfa A-4 $45 & (FuntanaX $45 Sold

Edit: (SOLD) FuntanaX (SOLD),,,,,,,,ViVi & A-4 currently available.

Need more room, badly! So here's a few offered up to start the clearing process.

(FuntanaX has SOLD) First is an Eflite Mini Funtana X that is a very nice flier. Probably close to a dozen flights logged, maybe a few more??

I'll gladly let the airframe only go for $45 on a LPU. I know I have the instruction booklet around here somewhere, just have to find it.

(SOLD) FuntanaX with the servos and extensions + a Y-harness for $70 LPU or complete with the Motor/ESC, you'll need your Rx and Batt, for $100 cash-n-carry deal. It has an Electrifly motor and Mystery ESC w/ four 9g servos. Everything was new when it went into the plane.

Here's a link to more info on Horizon's Site. Looks like they have the price for the plane only at $159 but it looks like it is not currently being produced. Hmmm, might soon be getting hard to find???

(DONATED) Also have an UltraFly ViVi that is new in box. $35 LPU. Here's link to the Hobby People site with more info.

The planes are in the South King County, WA. area in the big town of Maple Valley.

Have had too many troubles with shipping planes and I would rather do a local pick up. If they don't sell on a LPU then I'll probably donate them to the club.

The Alfa A-4 had a mishap on a landing which involved a pile of Elk dung. Caught the wingtip and cartwheeled the plane. No damage on the nose or tail but creased both wing tips. Was able to easily repair it and have several flights since. With some filler and paint, a skilled person could cover the creases.
Has two Naro's in it I do believe. Will be sold with no power system but I'll leave the servos in it. I run it with a Little Screamers JS, Alfa 5-Blade fan, CC45, a 4S and she's a screamer! Power system not included.
$45 LPU in the Seattle area. No shipping. Here a link to Hobby Lobby for more info.

Thanks,
Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Last edited by xwingnut; Dec 06, 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Better price for the ViVi and added A-4
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2008, 10:33 PM
West Chester, Ohio
Joined Nov 2006
1,384 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
If you don't sell the Funtana, I'll take it (without the electronics) if you ever get a chance to ship her. I just absolutely love that darn plane (I totalled my last one doing an inverted harrier about 2ft off the deck). Keep me in mind but I'm sure someone local will snap this one up.
missle is offline Find More Posts by missle
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:34 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
I'm so very sorry, but I just have no interest in shipping these. Albeit true, they would probably sell faster and/or even generate more funds. I'm selling them to generate room in my shop and kit storage area and not to generate money. Thus the low asking prices and the fact that I'm prepared to donate them locally should they not sell.

I have taken into consideration the time and effort involved in gathering/packing the shipping containers, the fact that these are single inventory items which I can not replace should damage occur, the hassle of dealing with the carriers insurance should said damaged take place and it's just not worth it to me. We are approaching the Xmas season and the shipping carriers are becoming bogged down, thus temporary and overworked employees and it's just not something I want to deal with right now.

Needless to say anything about possible new members being attracted to the low selling price and acting on impulse, the recent reads in the Trader Talk forum, just too much of a hassle. I don't need that and I have chosen stay clear of any shipping concerns. That is why I will only do a local pickup.

However, I'll gladly drive a short distance to meet any committed party. I'll probably be going to Marymoor this Sunday or can arrange delivery to Bellevue during the week days.

I hope you can understand, No Shipping!

Regards,
Xwing
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:37 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
PM sent on Funtana.
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Dec 03, 2008, 07:31 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
PM sent on Funtana.
PM returned.

The Funtana has been spoken for.
Thanks so very much!

Regards,
Xwing
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:51 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Dang, I wanted the Funtana!

Maybe next time.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Dec 03, 2008, 01:11 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Chris,
Might I suggest you take a look behind door #2 and see if there's anything that catches your eye? Look in the middle of the frame. Can you hear that little voice speaking the letters FPV!

Regards,
Xwing
Old Dec 03, 2008, 01:36 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Lol, it looks like a submarine with wings!

Are you getting rid of that seawind?
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:02 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Now that you mention it, I agree, it does look like one of those personal submarines,,,with wings!

Yep, the Seawind goes and probably the Extra 330s (RedBull) then I'll hang others and reevaluate the situation to see if more need to go.

Regards,
Xwing
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:39 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Price for the Seawind?
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:54 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
PM replied, I'd take the Vivi but I already have 4 still NIB
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:09 PM
United States, WA, Kapowsin
Joined Jun 2004
461 Posts
Trader Rating: 177
Xwing: The Yellow & White Electric Plank In the Picture Looks Really Cool!! Is It an Arf Or Scratch Built?

Joe
Yardbee is offline Find More Posts by Yardbee
Last edited by Yardbee; Dec 03, 2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Description Edited
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:12 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
I think it's a Scan Eagle replica, there are build threads on it.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:26 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
And, then, there is the skeleton in the rafters, above the Funatana. Could it be electric?
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:31 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
And, then, there is the skeleton in the rafters, above the Funatana. Could it be electric?
Not electric, that's the UPS driver that last delivered a crushed box to my door!

Joe,
Blaze is correct, that is the Scan Eagle. I have a LS on it and it flies very nicely. The clear dome allows the camera to ride in a protected area.

Regards,
Xwing
Closed Thread