SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2008, 08:56 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 14MZ spektrum module mod

Someone's probably already done this but I thought I'd share my pics anyways. I drilled a hole in the top of the module for the sma connector and used a 2dbi antenna. This makes the module more like the tm-14 fasst module. It also allows it to fit in the carrying case without modification.
I heard a rumor on another board that spektrum is working on a new module for the 14mz. I hope it is like this and with latency similar to that of a dx7.

What look like scratches on the top of the module are just some remnants of sticker glue from the "don't turn on without antenna attached" warning sticker.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2008, 09:01 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,088 Posts
Been thinking about doing this.. Thanks for the pics. I wish there was a flat spot on the top of the module rather than round. Looks like your's came out nice though.

Where did you hear about the new module? I'm completely happy with mine, but I only use it on little foamys and stuff. I use the TM-14 on everything "nice" that I own.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Dec 02, 2008, 09:56 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay
Been thinking about doing this.. Thanks for the pics. I wish there was a flat spot on the top of the module rather than round. Looks like your's came out nice though.

Where did you hear about the new module? I'm completely happy with mine, but I only use it on little foamys and stuff. I use the TM-14 on everything "nice" that I own.

-Jay
I thought the curve might be a problem but it's not. The radius is wide enough to almost create a flat spot for the rp-sma connector.

Someone on RunRyder posted a message saying he heard they were working on a new module. I plan to use the tm-14 for the good stuff as well. Spektrum is good for the foamies because of the good selection of small cheapish receivers.

Brendin
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Old Mar 07, 2009, 03:03 AM
Joined Feb 2009
6 Posts
Dear all,

I have recently purchased a Spektrum Module for my 14MZ limited edition with TM14 (yes, I have just switched from JR/Spektrum 2.4Ghz, so I have a quite a few receivers).

I would love to do this mod, but I cant seem to get the module to work.

I can't change the frequency to PPM, it is stuck at Fasst 2.4Ghz and gives me an error message "No module found...."

Do you reckon there is a problem with my Spektrum Module, software issues, regional problems or do I need a FM module so I can change the frequency?

My details are :
WindowsCE : 4.2
Editor : 1.3.2
Encoder : 1.41
Area : Oceania/Asia
Spektrum Module : bought new from ebay USA

Thanks for all your help.
machead2 is offline Find More Posts by machead2
Old Mar 07, 2009, 08:35 AM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,088 Posts
No Module found is normal. No big deal. You need to set the transmitter to trainer student mode PPM8, then you'll be all set.

-Jay
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Mar 07, 2009, 08:47 AM
USA, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Jul 2001
87 Posts
You can work around that by turning your trainer mode on and set it to PPM.
civh is offline Find More Posts by civh
Old Mar 07, 2009, 07:09 PM
Joined Feb 2009
6 Posts
Jay/Civh,

Thanks very much!!!!

It's working like a charm now.

Leonard
machead2 is offline Find More Posts by machead2