Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glydr
Gosh this thread moves quick
Get used to it G!

If you miss a few days there's always plenty to catch-up.

Had the Super-Duper Cab doing fly-throughs of the soccer goals at the local oval yesterday.

Got through cleanly about 5 times and ate metal/dirt about another four, so she's finally got some battle scars.

My Nasty is all ready to fly now and will hopefully get it up on the weekend.

Where's MC? Has he made it over yet?
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:32 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blxpy
Had the Super-Duper Cab doing fly-throughs of the soccer goals at the local oval yesterday.

Got through cleanly about 5 times and ate metal/dirt about another four, so she's finally got some battle scars.
You need EPP for soccer goals...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794762

... though I have used depron before.

G
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:23 PM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
Chugging along nicely I see, I'm liking our new home. There's a bunch of regularly posted and very informative reviews at the E-Zone magazine section of the website (linked in the top blue bar of the site). Lots of build pics and thoughts, as well as discussion - well worth a look.

I'm thinking this is a long shot but is there any way of increasing the number of posts appearing on each page for this thread? There's only 10 or so on each page and the pages are falling quickly! There's probably no way of doing it to a single thread.

Cheers
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86
Old Dec 03, 2008, 10:18 PM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
If you click on your private messages tab then go to edit options on the left hand menu then scroll down you can change the number of posts per page.I have mine set at 100,seems to work ok for me.
Bleary.
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
Old Dec 03, 2008, 10:22 PM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,676 Posts
GLYDR - Nice shots mate.

I want to fly from the park right in line with the War Memorial.

Seems like such a great are to get some pics, that lake.

I am just a bit concerned that the men in black might turn up and steal my gear!!
The_Mongrel is online now Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2008, 10:45 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jul 2008
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
Cheers Lou,

I don't want to start bad mouthing anyone, or any place (not our intentions of moving here) but so far I think it was the right thing to do, hopefully the new location will give us exposure to new ideas and increased knowledge base.

Reuben,

Is that the E-flite SE5a? Gunna share a photo?

clovus

Hey clovus,
Yes its the eflite SE5A, as I used a bigger waypoint motor I was able to add some scale details. Lots of fun.
-Reuben
ben199 is offline Find More Posts by ben199
Old Dec 03, 2008, 10:48 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
G'day Ben (BLXPY and others), Im here. Bleary, I tried replying to your PM but they must have disabled your account or something, I was unable to reply. will do anyway mate, in reply to your PM.

RC Groups is much nicer scenery.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Last edited by maiden-crash; Dec 03, 2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:11 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
Hi boys. I have sent a request to the mod to shut our thread down. Ive left my final post on RCU.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:21 PM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew86
I hope the rest of the build improves Curare . Looks like you've had some rotten luck so far. From the pictures alone it looks to be a nice plane, the colour scheme in particular.

Oh no guys don't get me wrong, the kit is pretty damn good, it's just I'm a fussy bugger, and I made the decision to call every bad shot as I saw it, and heap praise wherever I saw fit. I dare say that most other guys wouldn't even notice, or care about the stuff that I do, and maybe in the end it won't really make a rats' difference, but I'll feel better knowing I did "myyyyy waaaayyeeeeee"

hhehehehe

Keep an eye out, as I update it, and thanks for looking.

Some nice birds out there, and a decent looking ski vee!
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:37 PM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
Has anyone seen V8? I don't know if it's a good idea closing the thread yet, can people still read the posts if it's closed? We need to make sure there's information on where to find us for those who aren't here yet, the link to this thread needs to be the final post ideally.

Cheers
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:41 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,934 Posts
I think so Andrew, it just means no more posting on there. Ive posted a link to the new thread. I just hope the mod doesn't delete it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_79...tm.htm#8211005
Old Dec 03, 2008, 11:55 PM
RoyalAustralianEasyMoneyE arner
Australia, QLD, Hervey Bay
Joined Nov 2006
838 Posts
G'day you blokes, in keeping with the Beers and BBQ theme, I've just come back from 4 days of Beers, Barbies, Barrel's and Babes on Teewah Beach (coloured sands QLD) had an absolute ball, lots of sun, lots of beer and every meal was barbie. Life doesn't get much better. I should have taken a slopey of some sort (if I had one), next time !!!

BTW RCG is still the one for havin' fun !!!!
Cheers
Red Zephyr is offline Find More Posts by Red Zephyr
Old Dec 04, 2008, 12:27 AM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
Wow - another Canberra boy - maybe we have already flown together Red Zephyr - you ever flown over at Lyenham on Saturday mornings in the past? I'm the fellow with the Green monstrously more glue than foam zero and the red and green howling zaggi...

Glydr - yep - oval behind Nitrodude - normally weekend mornings from 7am or so. We kind of have a code of conduct we ask people to adhere to - nothing major - all fairly sensible stuff - will try and attach a copy. It might seem a little formal but there is no register or anything (I'm not starting that discussion again!). Also there is an email distribution list. If you are interested let me know.

Speaking of nitrodude, took an early mark today after a few wins at work today and am heading down there to get my new Trex gyro sorted. Might even chuck a plane or two in - wind seems reasonable.
ozrcboy is offline Find More Posts by ozrcboy
Old Dec 04, 2008, 12:27 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Good lord, you fellahs have had a writing spree.

I'm sorry that RCU splashed you, they did the same to us, but I think you'll be happy here. The chatty Beaver crew has been here for years.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Dec 04, 2008, 12:30 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,820 Posts
He guys. When I joined here a few months ago, someone had taken the screen name Gryphon.

So I took gyphonrcu

Now I feel bad my screen name reminds you of RCUniverse.

You will not see it too often in here.

So with the shorter pages here, I guess you will have 10 pages a day instead of 5....LOL...

Best of luck to you all. Have fun.

Your friend,

Gryphon

p.s. After a few posts/few days I decided to sign the bottom of my posts with gryphon, not gryphonrcu
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU