Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:49 PM
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
Hi guys...checking in.

Try to participate in these kinds of posts, but invariably don't check in regularly enough to keep up...moves pretty quickly

Canberra seems to have a reasonably active electric brigade at various ovals, so if ever you're heading out, I'm keen to see if I can come.

Not much in the fleet now due to a number of indiscretions lately...but always on the lookout.

Matt
dynomatt is offline Find More Posts by dynomatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:00 PM
Woodsy
Drouin, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
2,117 Posts
Oooh, look at the nice new home, I can almost smell the new paint , Hey Mong can ya cook me a snag while I stick these beers in the fridge.

For those that missed it the boat is a 98 LC series Seacraft built by Jeff Tull.

Currently running a bog stock 350 and gets 56MPH on the GPS.

Since I posted at the other place Iíve also lashed out and bought the race motor that used to be in her, the dyno sheets show 485HP and apparently will push her along at about 80MPH dragging 2 skiers, which for the uninitiated is plenty fast enough for a mid mount with this hull shape.

She needs a bit of TLC to bring her back to pristine condition and Iím also thinking about a name change.

Ben, Stig of the Dump was one of my favorite books as a kid along with Bottersnikes and Gumbles
woodsy is offline Find More Posts by woodsy
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:06 PM
Aus
Joined Aug 2008
85 Posts
Bud, not sure if you met Crawf. He found RC ParkFlying while recouping from his tripletripass. Please wish your mum well and maybe we'll introduce her to Crawf when she's back on her feet.

I'll have a go/test at this pic posting.......is a parkflyer of sorts.
This young lad has never seen a water rocket before so I made him a setup to keep. He can make his own rockets now he's aware of what's possible.
I'll start buddy boxing him with an EZ this w/end if the weathers good.
I'll have a good at hanging up the movie and you can hear the pure excitement from this kid on his first ever launch.
machete is offline Find More Posts by machete
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:08 PM
Aus
Joined Aug 2008
85 Posts
Seen those pics (fleetingly) somewhere before Woodsy.......fine boat .....and a social comment if ever I saw one
Where's the bikini clad ornaments??

YouTube Video of Matts Launch
he was making 40psi with the pump .....I'll introduce him to 150 psi this w/end from my compressor
machete is offline Find More Posts by machete
Last edited by machete; Dec 03, 2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:18 PM
Glasgow Wind Tunnel, Scotland
Joined Jul 2007
315 Posts
Steve W - brilliantvid pal. I've been thinking about 'sloping' for a while and have a Zagi. What size servos do you recommend and any other mods. Its a gentle slope/run-off and winds usually 20mph at least. Any tips etc. Cheers pal.
tam popo is offline Find More Posts by tam popo
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:35 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam popo
Steve W - brilliantvid pal. I've been thinking about 'sloping' for a while and have a Zagi. What size servos do you recommend and any other mods. Its a gentle slope/run-off and winds usually 20mph at least. Any tips etc. Cheers pal.
In a zagi just use your standard $20 servo if its a gentle slope keep it as light as you can becuase the lift genrated will be minimal .Having said that the best option is a different aircraft . such as this
3.2 mtr moulded DG600 (3 min 43 sec)

Failing that a light floater type aircraft.
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:51 PM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,707 Posts
DYNOMAT - There are a few of us in Canberra and the surrounds and we get together a bit.

Myself and OZ, with a bunch of other guys get together most weekends at Kambah.... And sometimes out here with me at Murrumbateman, and Bud comes in from Young also... so there is a few around.

BUD - I will not be around mate - but I wish you guys all the best.
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:52 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,707 Posts
WOODSY - No prob with the snags mate... get me one while your there too!!

Also... why not name the boat... "Got Wood?"

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:27 PM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,875 Posts
Hey there Blokes .. I'm in ...
DAMN ... 7 pages to read already !!! I hate starting out behind !!
Welcome to RCG everyone ... Based on my experience with the PP thread, we will be happier here
Rowdy_b64 is online now Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:47 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
I'm only here because of Tam and Bleary. I'm not a frequent visitor but know of you folks through them. I also couldn't let those weenies at RCU go unnoticed by folks that don't post here.
When RCU tried their best to shut us down which they almost did, it was just all to familiar what was happening to you folks. We had one mod tell me after I reported a post from a troller the "It's his opinion".
I don't know what your advertising status was at RCU but ours was exceptionally high. 4 threads totaling just over 985,000 hits in 3 1/2 years. RCU had little trouble pizzing all of us off. Still a mystery as to why it all happened to us and to you.
I hope RCG pays a little attention as to why you are here and lets you good folks have some fun.
The Badius Boys didn't come here only because we had such a rough go with the mods that many just didn't want a place with moderators period. We are now incorporated, have our own flying field unaffiliated with anyone and have our own website. The website has similar rules to here and RCU. No Politics or Religion. No nude pics as we have young folks and we keep swearing down to a minimum. Sometimes swearing is necessary in a joke. Sometimes it's needed to fully describe RCU.
But I think RCG will be good to you folks and that is perfect. The Badius Boys are totally behind you. Brothers in blood.
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Dec 03, 2008, 07:12 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrcboy
BTW - that photo of the school on your aerial photography site - is that where you went to school? My sister and her husband got married there as it was his old school..., anyway it's a really good snap and I sent the link across to him for a bit of reminiscing.
Gosh this thread moves quick - hardly a chance to answer the question.

Nope - not my school. I went to Narromine High wayyyy out west. That school commissioned a photo shoot when I lived in Sydney - got some excellent photos and I consider that one one of my best in the last few years (the subject really makes a difference - and that is a spectacular subject). Thinking of snapping a Canberra icon for my index page.

------------------

BTW - what time and day do you gents fly at Kambah (thats the ovals behind Nitrodude, is it not?).

G
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Dec 03, 2008, 07:17 PM
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
Graham,

I've thought of Telstra Tower and Parliament house...but the former might be hit by the interference around it, and the latter might be shot down.

Have you done any around Lake Burley Griffin? Early enough in the morning, it would be spectacular.

Matt
dynomatt is offline Find More Posts by dynomatt
Old Dec 03, 2008, 07:24 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,707 Posts
GLYDR - Yep That is the right oval. Mostly we gather on Sat and Sun in the mornings. We need to be careful because little athletics uses the oval also, so we can't fly when they are there. You can find their calendar online.

MATT - I have been so tempted to launch the EZ-Star off the banks of the lake with one of my Flycams onboard to get some shots, but have not done it yet.

I reckon the time is right now though! See if I can get me a good shot of the house on the hill.

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:06 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt
Have you done any around Lake Burley Griffin? Early enough in the morning, it would be spectacular.

Matt
As a matter of fact I was there last Sat AM - flew over the water from the little park area near Barton... Spektrum of course!

I was aiming the camera away from the lake though.

G

EDIT - Of course you gents know... images displayed are copyright and cannot be stolen for profit etc etc lah de dah... thanks.
Last edited by glydr; Dec 03, 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: EDIT - (C) info...
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:10 PM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
I've just noticed - you can see me in the bottom of the first photo - which shows you where I flew from. Hand launched and caught as the grass was still wet.