HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:31 AM
Albury, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
989 Posts
Span is 101.5mm

Weights about 14oz, maybe a little less, havnt had time to put it on the scales.

Im using a cheap tower pro outrunner: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...?idProduct=664

18A Turnigy ESC, 3s 1250mA Rhino lipo on an 11x4.7 prop. Got about 10 minutes with a huge amount of WOT (because of the wind)

Setup was very cheap. Extreemly happy
EDFjet is offline Find More Posts by EDFjet
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:39 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrcboy
BTW - what are people's strategies for straigtening elapor - just pouring on hot water hasn't done much?

You need a big pot of it! What I did was fill the kitchen sink with (very) hot water from the tap and dipped the affected parts in for about 30sec at a time. The elapor bubbles - pushing the crushed bits out - however leaving a sad finish. A few swipes with find sandpaper makes it more acceptable... I ended up taping the areas also.

All up... it did and didn't work... let me explain.

This method was applied to a jigsaw puzzle kindly donated to me (cheers Matt) - the puzzle once was the shape of a funjet. The nose was in several pieces and if those pieces were placed back together they made a banana shaped funjet nose. By the 'elapor soup' method outlined above I managed to make the jigsaw puzzle pieces into a dead straight nose.

However when I put the canopy on (which largely escaped any harm) the latch was about 12mm forward of the catch! i.e. the nose had shrunk and the funjet above me now is at least 12 or 15mm shorter than one new in box!

Still flies brilliantly though!
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:55 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jul 2008
855 Posts
WOO HOO,
I just got an avatar and two flights in tonight, no wind.. no crashes... a few nose overs on landing still getting used to the SE5A, might have to add ailerions tho, loops ok with the bigger motor, stall turns, but no rolls.
-Reuben
ben199 is offline Find More Posts by ben199
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:09 AM
Icrashalot
Australia
Joined Jun 2005
217 Posts
also new avatar

l like it its like a new l dont crash a lot
type ummmmm thingy
geoffviper is offline Find More Posts by geoffviper
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:39 AM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
Thanks glydr - I'll give that a go...
ozrcboy is offline Find More Posts by ozrcboy
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:42 AM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
BTW - that photo of the school on your aerial photography site - is that where you went to school? My sister and her husband got married there as it was his old school..., anyway it's a really good snap and I sent the link across to him for a bit of reminiscing.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:39 AM
Glasgow Wind Tunnel, Scotland
Joined Jul 2007
315 Posts
Wow, this thread is going some pace!!! Lots of fresh blood as well.

Curare - quote: 'Foamy wheels, but good enough for me, I'm a grass flyer.' What, you land on grass or you smoke it?????
tam popo is offline Find More Posts by tam popo
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:43 AM
Joined Jul 2007
315 Posts
And to all the new guys - I'm the token Pom, you know, the one you take the Pi...$ out of when his back is turned, or in Mikes case....to his face!!!!

Hangar - lot of dead planes, but flying I'm down to...
EZ*, EZCub, Balsa Bushwacker, Pico TMoth, H?Z Cub, GWS Beaver(!!!!), Stryker, 2 SlowSticks, Pico Stick and a few home-builds - GWS Mustang being built.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:36 AM
Joined Jul 2007
315 Posts
Guys - I see Mr Lightfoot has posted his reply to our leaving....grammatical errors and all.....too late for me, I'm here to stay me thinks. Now if only I can fin somone who flys Slowsticks.....
Old Dec 03, 2008, 12:05 PM
Ventura, CA
Joined Dec 2004
379 Posts
Bleary,
I left a post on the BBQ thread at RCU. I also left a message there for you. Should have put it here.

Hi Tam

All,
The Badius Owners Club thread got beat up by the Mods at RCU also. They told us to play by their rules or play somewhere else. That post was revised so that it didn't look so inflammatory but we decided to take them at their word. We left but keep the thread moving a bit.
Good luck to you folks at your new home. The Boys wish you great luck.
Lou
loubud is offline Find More Posts by loubud
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:03 PM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
Thanks lou.

All - I took the liberty of responding on our behalf to lightfoot's post over at RCU. Given that I suspect it will be deleted after he reads it I'm preserving it here for posterity:

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your response.

This thread operated in a respectful and harmonious manner for more than 3 years with the topic being RC Flight almost all the time. When the topic wasn't RC flight a mixture of light hearted and serious topics were discussed briefly - normally just as a quick way to let other members/friends know something that was going on.

Whoever was moderating us for those 3 years, by their actions, judged that our activities were in line with RCU Policies as almost no posts were deleted until you arrived on the scene. In short, their enforcement set our understanding of what was and was not okay. A precedent if you like. And it was on that basis that we stayed here contributing to RCU (including many of us making time to surf the newbie threads and answer questions that we could). That is, the behaviour of the members of the group, and the lack of censorship was what we constituted to be the working interpretation of the agreement between us - the members of the BBQ and RCU. When your program of censorship began RCU breached its agreement with us. Furthermore, you didn't have the decency to announce that you would be taking a more strict interpretation of the RCU policies - you just quoted the policy at us - the same policy we believed we had been operating under without incident for 3+ years.

It might not have been your intention to drive us away, but it beggars belief that you didn't realize it would be a consequence. We made clear what our intentions were if it continued, and you were clearly reading the thread as you kept on deleting posts. As such your protests of innocence ring hollow and your conciliatory tone is presumably more to do with saving face with others than any attempt at reconciliation with us (ie spin for the faithful).

In a few short weeks you have destroyed two of the longest running institutions on RCU, and driven some fairly loyal members into the hands of the competition. Further, I suspect that you are not unhappy about this outcome which makes your faux humility all the more grating.

The BBQ@RCU is dead. Long live the BBQ@RCG.

oz.
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:03 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Cheers Lou,

I don't want to start bad mouthing anyone, or any place (not our intentions of moving here) but so far I think it was the right thing to do, hopefully the new location will give us exposure to new ideas and increased knowledge base.

Reuben,

Is that the E-flite SE5a? Gunna share a photo?

clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:14 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
No pictures yet?

I've noticed no-one has posted any pictures yet. Once you do it a few times its not too hard.

Just below the text box is a button called "go advanced" - click it
scroll down past the reply to thread box to additional options
click manage attachments
A new box opens up... go to browse, locate your file and click upload

Once its loads you will see a preview of the photo/attachment - allowing you to add comments

Click save changes, submit reply below the additional options box and it's all golden.

As a bonus when you click an attachment on a thread it will show you a few attachments before and after.

Neat!

clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:46 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,025 Posts
You can also embed video's from other sources as well as the RCG video forum
Otford NSW (3 min 59 sec)

SteveW
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Dec 03, 2008, 04:32 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
I like the new home, hi to all the old and new members.
Its great having a mod here that speaks like a real person !!

Im about to drop off line for a week as im off to canberra as my mum is having a triple bypass. Mong i guess you wont be around this weekend, OZ ill give you a call to see if you will be at Kambah Sat/Sun.

Catch ya's
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv