Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:46 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6minuteabs
Hey fellas,
just popped in for a quick question. Seen a few references to the EFun xp2 here. Receiver connections on the Aussie version of the xp2.

*** unused
*** speed control
*** elevator servo
*** rudder servo

That look about right?
Thanks.
Hi 6 minute, i think that looks about right although i wasnt sure if the speed control is between the elv and rudder and the unused is at the bottom.

Just fiddle with the speedie one first and once you have that the right way and on the right stick do the same with the others,
Mates XP2 receiver packed it in fairly quick .... maybe yours did the same.

There is a Electrafun thread over at another forum

Find useful electrafun links on this site www.electrafun.com
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2009, 02:06 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Funny we're talking about the Electrafun. I was wondering at lunch about making a light Electrafun as a cheap light wind e-glider. One of my early RC experiences were flying with a experienced mate at emerald over a bare patch of dark soil and getting the Electrafun so high it was just a tiny little white dot. I figure if it can thermal with the poxy std Brushed motor and NiMH, going BL, 2 cell and lightening it as much as possible might be a good thermaller.

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Jan 08, 2009, 06:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Bud, thanks for the reply.

I think you may be on to something about that receiver.

I've actually already been to electrafun.com. Not really much there in the way of what I need. I'm actually relaying information to a guy that hasn't had an plane before, so instead of telling him to get out a multimeter (not sure he has one) and test the rx, I thought it would be easier if someone had a picture or a diagram, I could just send him a link to.

Electrafun.com seems a bit dead, as do most of the linked pages. I actually found you buncha fellas from the link to "that other forum" (rcu...sshhhhh...) and chased you down here.

Anyhow, thanks again!
6minuteabs is offline Find More Posts by 6minuteabs
Old Jan 08, 2009, 03:32 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
I just checked mine )yep, still got one in the shed - a bit dusty. Mine is unused, Speedie, elevator and rudder.

Clovus
Old Jan 08, 2009, 07:35 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
Bud, not too sure, but the Blizzard by Multiplex looks nice to me.
Id have to agree with you there MC, just finished reading a review of it in one of the new magazines out seems to have a lot of power on tap... reviewer i think quoted something like 100mph ... so thats 160kmh!!! Woot!!!

I would order one tomorrow if it didnt have the V tail ... im a fussy bugger when it comes to looks and I don't like V tails as a rule... but i do like some speed!!

I havent seen many shops in OZ listing them yet .... although ROJ's does have them listed for $197!!!

FUnjet might be a better option for me for some speed~
Old Jan 08, 2009, 07:45 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
6 Minute , that www.electrafun.com site is mine and yeah it is really just a link bank (and all links still work) until I have some more time to make it a decent site, your comments have inspired me to include some more info and pics on there soon.

Clovus great to hear you have got the old bird out!
I have toyed with the idea of using it to slope soar ... but a light motor and battery would be a better bet.

Mate now has the same powerplant installed in his ... a ewatts 2217-1500kv and an ewatts 25amp esc.
Mine has uses a 2200mah 3s lipo so its kinda heavy .... but gosh does it boogie!!
I hope to get some pylon racing going with them soon and i still reckon they would make great contact combat birds because of the cheap replacement parts.

Over in the old electrafun thread the boys have been doing crazy stuff to them ... rocket boosters, making bipes out of them and theres even a twin boom p38 lightning looking setup.

My first bird ... and still one of my favs.
Old Jan 09, 2009, 01:11 AM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,791 Posts
Hello lads!!

Just started my build thread on the TECHone Mythos that arrived today!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post11305265

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2009, 01:58 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Mong, why don't you put it on the foamies or 3D site where you will get a heap more punters looking in ? I just read about a bloke with a FPV setup on his modified EZ*, getting over a hour of flight time. Sounds like something you'd be keen on. Heck, I might give it a go, if it's not too much $$

Bud,

OK, you've got me. The Electrafun was the first plane I had any success flying. Man, I used and abused that thing. Thrashed two wings and ended up buying a second complete as the first was so smashed. The first one came with a on/off motor switch. I was stoked the second had a proportional throttle. I did some crazy things with that plane- After watching my brother fly it in larger and larger circles moving away from us and bringing it back from when it was soo firggin far away that I couldn't tell if it was going towards me we did a range check with the STOCK gear and got just over 1.2klm's before we lost reliable visual contact!

I then took it to the above mentioned visit to Emerald. My mate who flys glow power couldn't believe it got so high. We were tyring to see who could keep it in the air the longest on the stock NiMH. We had one charging on the ute and one flying - they got so hot you couldn't hold them after flying or charging. Funny when you think about how it would just putt along with the std NiMH, but it kept plugging away, getting higher and higher - we both knew nothing about thermals. The longest flight was around 18 minutes!

We flew over the ocean when I barely had a grip on it, scared a few surfers too! If I do some mod's I'll post some piccies for your site.

Cheers
Clovus

Clovus
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:35 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFjet
Hey Guys,

Havnt posted for a little. Been a bit busy with the girlfriend.

Just finished this then,

just needs a coat of paint!

Liam

PS: Sorry for the poor quality pic, using the camera on my phone.

Looks great mate... any details?
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:50 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Hey Clovus, Mong and anyone else that has an Easy Star... (Have you got one Bud - I seem to remember you got one after your Electrafun XP.)

What sort of glue did you guys use on yours? I'm thinking about using Gorilla Glue to mount the motor. The instructions seem to indicate using non-foam safe CA for everything.

Any thoughts?
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:53 AM
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
ive never had an easy star but have had two elapor planes the minimag and twister. i used ca the hold the minimag motor mount in and ca to hold the fan in the twister. ca is perfect.
dave
dabvid is offline Find More Posts by dabvid
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:53 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
You can use a variety of glues, Medium CA and kicker works pretty well and is fast.

Clovus
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:57 AM
Tom the Tinkerer
Australia, travelling between Geelong & PP
Joined Mar 2008
349 Posts
CA & Kicker is perfect.. just try not to stick your hands to it.. EZ* is a great plane ..

Tom
Twinck is offline Find More Posts by Twinck
Old Jan 09, 2009, 05:05 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinck
CA & Kicker is perfect.. just try not to stick your hands to it.. EZ* is a great plane ..

Tom
Don't worry - I've done that coat your thumb in CA and then accidently spray it with CA thing... Dam that gets hot fast. I was scraping cellfoam off my thumb with a scalpel blade for a good 15 minutes.
You only do that once (or twice)
Old Jan 09, 2009, 05:12 AM
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
or everytime you build with ca
dabvid is offline Find More Posts by dabvid