HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2009, 10:33 PM
Adelaide
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Hey Guys, How are you all??

Been ages since i've been online and about the same since i have flown.
I do have an excuse.... i have just welcomed the next generation of model flyer into the world!!

I have a question for you all..... what the best way to store lipo's??
AND... a cheap place to buy - Can get the 2200 20c dualsky from lhs for $80.00 oR wattsuprc have their own brand for $70.00?

I pulled mine out of storage at new year to fly my twister with my Dad ( who just brought a new twister chinook ) and found my 2200mah has started to swell and my 850mah is only charging on one cell!!

So now i need to go spend some $$ to get some new batteries for the plane and chopper before i can do anything!!!

Mez.

******* thanks Mong for finding me over at RCU and bringing me to the light side !!!!! ******************************************
Mezd is offline Find More Posts by Mezd
Last edited by Mezd; Jan 06, 2009 at 11:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:04 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Bud, not too sure, but the Blizzard by Multiplex looks nice to me.

Nice to have you here Mez.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:59 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,581 Posts
If you have a multiplex twister? then may I suggest one of our GP2200 25c packs, it will blow you away with the performance and its cheaper than what you are listing.

Lipos should be stored at 60% of their capacity, or around 3.85v per cell. Good chargers can be set to 60% so that they shut down when this figure is reached, great for storing batteries, end of a weekend I recharge all packs to 60% and leave them till the night before the next fly then just top them up.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jan 07, 2009, 12:19 AM
Adelaide
Joined Jan 2009
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
If you have a multiplex twister? then may I suggest one of our GP2200 25c packs, it will blow you away with the performance and its cheaper than what you are listing.

Lipos should be stored at 60% of their capacity, or around 3.85v per cell. Good chargers can be set to 60% so that they shut down when this figure is reached, great for storing batteries, end of a weekend I recharge all packs to 60% and leave them till the night before the next fly then just top them up.
I actually have a S&B EPP brushless spitfire - but will defianantly have a look at your site now .

Thanks for the charging info too!!

Mez
Mezd is offline Find More Posts by Mezd
Old Jan 07, 2009, 02:33 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,358 Posts
Trust me to visit a mate in NZ to fly some of the huge slopes and the wind didnt bother to show up still got flight time with the Passer Thermo great light air ship
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979482
just for interest sake.
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jan 07, 2009, 02:54 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Cheers MC, Makes me cry, wish I'd asked here before buying the ST ASW28

I already have the ST ASW28. Bud, the difference between the easyglider and PRO edition is the PRO has BL motor.

Anyway, heres the MAIDEN FLIGHT REPORT on the ASW28.

It sure is a sexy looking ship, alright. But it has a short fuse - 89cm with a loong WS almost 2m.

Got up super early this morning to find a light ESE breeze and blue skies - right we're off! When I got to the field I realised the breeze was blowing directly with the sun. Great, launching into a low rising sun....

First throw showed the power off glide was not quite as long as I expected. A bit disappointing after reading about the Parkzone Radian. I moved the battery back a cm or so and decided to try a WOT launch - nothing ventured nothing gained, huh?

At WOT it launches easily with a light straight hand toss at a slight incline. A gentle tweak of the ailerons shows Left response is good. Given I've been flying 3D pretty much exclusively the last few weeks I was thinking "cool, it's all good". Time to turn around before I get to the road. OK R turn to keep within the trees. Right turn, come on, come on.... nothing! Stick full over - still nothing, not even straightening out from it's wide left hand turn. OK, feed in a bit of rudder.... hardly moved at all. I can feel a slight wave of panic building, now I'm getting close to the trees. In my work gear (read: suit and tie) there is no way I'm climbing a tree!

Decision time. Do I nail the throttle and try and climb above the trees, persist in trying to turn right or nail it left and hopefully swing around in time to miss the trees? No time to think so I nail the throttle and crank it left. Uh oh! The glider swings left and tip stalls. Now I'm in a very nose heavy position, the plane angled waaay over to the left. At least I know it won't knife edge Freaking out slightly but glad it's made of EPO. Hey if Crawf can repair his EZ* after some of the impacts I've seen surely I can put it back together again?

Just before impact I cut the throttle and feed in a slight back pressure on the elevator. To my surprise it levels out and I end up skimming maybe 20cm's above the grass. Skimming, skimming it just kept going, past me and finally settling gently on the grass. Whew!

I pushed the rudder and aileron trims all the way to the right. Lets see what happens. Still the same problem but at least this time I managed a few right turns. I got 6 launches and 6 landings with no damage other then the canopy falling off on all but the smoothest landings. I found it porpoises a fair bit with elevator, very easy to tipstall and recovery is not easy, but all in all, it is cool to be gliding around, trying to milk the wind for lift but a lot harder to do then I thought it would be. Next, I will change to my JR trans to get dual rates and some expo to try and smooth it out a bit.

clovus

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Last edited by evo62; Jan 07, 2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Added 3D infor for MC's benefit
Old Jan 07, 2009, 03:01 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,358 Posts
expo and gliders go together like oil and water but if that what your use to go for it .
I posted some thoughts for you on the STASW28 thread you are suffering some common over control nose heavy symptoms.
SteveW
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jan 07, 2009, 03:05 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Thank God for that edit, I didn't understand the language of which you spoke until you added 3D Haha great save Clovus. I Feel like something made of Elapor, but Ive spent waaay to much in a short time span to risk asking. It would just be plain selfish.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Jan 07, 2009, 03:15 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Cheers Steve

In hindsight I figured I was going too crazy on the sticks. But thought I'd post warts'n'all for laughs etc..

Tomorrow I will try larger circuits and gentler turns.

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:12 AM
Row the sticks like a madman!
Joined Feb 2006
256 Posts
Scary stuff Clovus!

Glad you got her back down in one piece.

No flying here for the last few days. WAY too windy. Heading into the windiest part of the year here I was told so was thinking of getting something I can fly inside the house.
Want something with ailerons if thats possible. Whats a good indoor small plane for cruising around the loungeroom etc?
I have one of those cheap micro Mosquito heli's with the counter rotating blades, but am completely bored with that.

wind SSE 42km/h

wind gusts 54km/h
VeeAte is offline Find More Posts by VeeAte
Old Jan 07, 2009, 05:38 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezd
I actually have a S&B EPP brushless spitfire - but will defianantly have a look at your site now .
Thanks for the charging info too!!
Mez
Ah ok Same info applies, you will find a pretty healthy power output with one of the GP2200 packs, we run them in the Super Tucano's and at 28 amps load they are holding almost 11.5v.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jan 07, 2009, 06:03 AM
Albury, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
989 Posts
Hey Guys,

Havnt posted for a little. Been a bit busy with the girlfriend.

Just finished this then,

just needs a coat of paint!

Liam

PS: Sorry for the poor quality pic, using the camera on my phone.
EDFjet is offline Find More Posts by EDFjet
Old Jan 07, 2009, 06:59 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Hey fellas,
just popped in for a quick question. Seen a few references to the EFun xp2 here. Receiver connections on the Aussie version of the xp2.

*** unused
*** speed control
*** elevator servo
*** rudder servo

That look about right?
Thanks.
6minuteabs is offline Find More Posts by 6minuteabs
Old Jan 07, 2009, 09:19 AM
Glasgow Wind Tunnel, Scotland
Joined Jul 2007
315 Posts
Hiya guys....sorryI've not posted this year but had a slight Kidney infection, getting better. No flying for a month but will keep in touch....can't even build 'cos of the fumes!!!!!!
tam popo is offline Find More Posts by tam popo
Old Jan 07, 2009, 09:20 AM
Row the sticks like a madman!
Joined Feb 2006
256 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tam

Your kidneys are giving off fumes?
That would be the Scotch :P
VeeAte is offline Find More Posts by VeeAte