HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2009, 05:04 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrcboy
Guys - it takes 5 seconds to check that your control surfaces deflect correctly. I do it before every single flight and I would suggest that everyone should.
You are right Oz. However I didn't do it until I crashed my PZ P51 on take off.

Now I do a complete surface test before every flight. Even with the EZ*

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is online now Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2009, 08:28 PM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
Bleary, PerthRC has an EasyGlider Pro in stock for around 100 dollars. Might be quite a good sloper if you don't mind sticking with foam.
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86
Old Jan 05, 2009, 08:28 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
I check everythings secure, moving the right way and solid before and after every flight with my Extra. Just the other day at the club I could have lost it, had I not done my routine check, in which I found the screws holding the motor to the X mount had nearly vibrated completely loose. Could have cost my my whole plane. On my GeeBee on the other hand, Im not as fussed because a little crash does nothing to it. Yesterday was a first for me, I had my ailerons going the wrong way too, but I got it back. With a plane like the GeeBee, with a feather light wing loading, it gives you time to think. Luckily, Ive never had a crash caused by not checking or maintaining the plane properly.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Jan 05, 2009, 10:34 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Hey guys. Its pretty quiet in here. Vids upladed, you might find it a little boring but in my defence I was pretty rusty, and I had the CG set at the servos (way forward.) Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ov7rIguaI4

Ill get a better video next time.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 04:28 AM
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
well guys for anyone who has a 4s setup get a rhino 2350 20c. this is aimed at you clovus :P
my batt from hc came today i charged it up and i hooked it into my twister straight away remeber on 3s around 360 watts then on a fp2170 25c i got 598 watts. so i hook it up it shows 16.74 volts i go to watt setting and push to wot.....it nearly pierced my eardrum it peaked at 903 watts leaveling off to 780 watts or so. so yeah great lipo kick the poop out of fp.
regards,
dave
dabvid is offline Find More Posts by dabvid
Old Jan 06, 2009, 04:57 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Now we are talking Dave! Yeehaa! Nothing like crazy power. I'm using 25c/50c burst on the 3DHS planes but the rhino is waaay cheaper so might be a good second battery. Cheers for the info.

Bleary,
a Hunny for a Easyglider PRO is a bargain. I was hunting for one but couldn't locate one easily.

I did a BAD thing and snuck out of work early to go pick up my ST Models ASW28. Quality wise it falls in the category of all the others where you get one of those generic 4 ch transmitters, just like the Electrafun. As it's a glider with a 2m WS I wonder if I will get the same radio range...

Anyways , its ready to go - took all of 5 minutes to screw in the wings and thread the aileron servo extensions through the fuse. If the rain holds off I'll give it a throw tomorrow morning.

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:17 AM
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
i also got a zippy flightmax 20c 2200mah these were only 24 bux!! but i only got a measly 725 watts after peak whereas the rhino was aroun 750-780.
and i thought the power was insane on 590 watts. also charging u my two 1000mah 3s 15c flightmax's will let ya know how they go on the 450 with a 1047.
regards,
dave
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:32 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Dave,

Where did you get them from?
Old Jan 06, 2009, 06:03 AM
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
all 4 are from hobbycity.
dave
Old Jan 06, 2009, 06:07 AM
Joined Dec 2006
162 Posts
has anyone heard anything about the turnigy chargers...im thinking about getting an accucell 6. i really need two chargers foir at the field.
dave
Old Jan 06, 2009, 06:21 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Clovus what do you think of the quality airframe wise?
Both the Easy fly and the Cessna that i have i reckon are nicely and smartly built, really go together easy and seem to be built well.
Also how are the ailerons set up on it?? Servo's just inside the wing end with a long tube and rod set up curving across the bottom of the wing? Mine are like that and didnt move as free as I think they should have. Also whats the manual like ... fairly poor any cg info?

And does the prop fold down enough around the nose?

Really interested to see how it goes for you ... it may inspire a quicker rebuild of my Easy Fly that ive never flown yet~
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jan 06, 2009, 04:28 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Hi Bud,

I got mine from euromodels, and it is not too bad quality wise, I've had worse - anything from toys'r'us spring to mind. Compared to the other foamies I have had I would say the foam is denser then the old style GWS planes and not as brittle as the Ultrafly foam. That is it seems to be a bit softer but springs back to shape easily.

Yeah, the prop curves aroud the nose pretty tightly, although the prop is pretty flexible, certainly not as stiff as a APC prop.

It looks like the servo's are as you described, they are inboard but the aileron control surface is quite a way out on the wing. They look pretty small, but then again I get the impression these planes aren't really designed for any sort of advanced aerobatics,other then a loop or two. I guess that's in with what it's designed to do - thermal/glide around looking for lift.

I'm off to give it a whirl now. Will post back this evening with the report.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:40 PM
flyin high
Fort wayen IN
Joined Oct 2008
185 Posts
Hey you guys, is this battery a lot like a zippy or is it a zippy with different covering on it.
mohawkboy4 is offline Find More Posts by mohawkboy4
Old Jan 06, 2009, 07:36 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Clovus:

http://www.rojshobbies.com/Electric%20planes.html

$115 from rojs... Its sold out ATM though.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:29 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
My LHS is showing that plane in stock, but its $120 .. but they have 2 in stock.
CLICK
Very tempted to get one and use my Easy Fly for parts.

Any idea of the difference of the Multiplex Easy Glider and the Pro version? I know the Easy Glider is virtually the same as the ST Easy Fly ... is the Pro the same as the ST Models ASW28 i wonder?
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv