HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2009, 09:46 PM
Aint nothing like a Mongrel!!
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary
Cheers mate,I am having a look at Joomla at the moment.
Bleary.
No Probs. Just remember that you dont have to set it up. You just need to maintain the content.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2009, 02:04 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
JJ,

Are you around this long weekend or next weekend? I will probably end up going into Brisbane sunday (Caboolture actually to visit the oldies) and just might bring a few of my planes (PA Addiction, 3DHS Extra SR and ST ASW 28) if there is any interest in a group flying session. Anybody else around the traps, gissus a PM and we'll tee something up.

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Apr 09, 2009, 02:58 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,507 Posts
Hi Lads,

I managed to get a last minute fly in on the Blade 400 today before the Mrs comes home. I upped the head speed and dropped the pitch and now she is much more stable. I had 2 interesting moments today. 1 - I came down a bit hard and the tape / paint on the end of the main blade tore away. The blades did not hit the ground... so I don't know happened there... Anyway... I had a spare set, so I swapped them out. All good.

2 I was flying around having a good time and gave just that little too much throttle and she took off up! By the time I gathered myself she was away and over the side fence and into the next paddock. My first thought was to crap my pants, and then kill it... but I stood firm, re gathered her level and brought her back to nice landing at my feet.

I did need to stop and take a breath!

Anyways... off for the weekend. See you all next week

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2009, 03:38 AM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
Glad to hear you are on top of the kill the throttle impulse - is a tough on to beat (and to be honest - one of the few "bad" habbits that the fixed pitch MDF taught me), and that the higher head speed is serving you well.

Sounds like you are out of town all weekend - I imagine there will be some combat action if you made your way in...
ozrcboy is offline Find More Posts by ozrcboy
Old Apr 09, 2009, 04:16 AM
Friday I'm in Love
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
JJ,

Are you around this long weekend or next weekend? I will probably end up going into Brisbane sunday (Caboolture actually to visit the oldies) and just might bring a few of my planes (PA Addiction, 3DHS Extra SR and ST ASW 28) if there is any interest in a group flying session. Anybody else around the traps, gissus a PM and we'll tee something up.

Clovus
Caboolture?! Ahh...
Where were you thinking of flying? Do have another mate who lives near me who's been asking if I want to go out.
jimbyjoe is offline Find More Posts by jimbyjoe
Old Apr 09, 2009, 04:33 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrcboy
Glad to hear you are on top of the kill the throttle impulse - is a tough on to beat (and to be honest - one of the few "bad" habbits that the fixed pitch MDF taught me), and that the higher head speed is serving you well.

Sounds like you are out of town all weekend - I imagine there will be some combat action if you made your way in...

Well I figured she aint broken until she hits the ground right? And If I kill he throttle, she WILL hit the ground. So while she is in the air, there is hope! I will still get you to take a look at her soon. I have noticed that at VERY low rpm, as in just spooling up, there is massive vibration. The whole chopper shakes... but once at speed - dead calm. Is that normal??

Yes mate, I am out of town... I am watching Mrs Mongrel pack the eski as I type this. She can't see the screen and thinks I am working on a last minute bit. SHHHH!!!

I wish I was there to get some action.

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2009, 05:53 AM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
Port Denison, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,628 Posts
you might find the blade bolts are a fraction to tight - just try loosening them a fraction and try again
WOOSHKA is offline Find More Posts by WOOSHKA
Old Apr 09, 2009, 06:09 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
JJ,

Dunno, the only place I have flown was the Caboolture Golf course one Xmas day with a BL stryker. We all know those things are not quiet so I only had a quick yank'n'bank session to show my dad what it was all about.

If you know of anywhere not too far off the Bruce? There is a place at Murrarie but gets busy with cyclists etc.
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Apr 09, 2009, 08:32 AM
Crashing on a budget.
Canberra, Australia
Joined Oct 2007
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
I have noticed that at VERY low rpm, as in just spooling up, there is massive vibration. The whole chopper shakes... but once at speed - dead calm. Is that normal??
The other thing to try is to straighten the blades out as much as you can before spooling up. I usually grab the tips of the blades and pull in the opposite directions.
That gets most of the wobble out and once the head speed is high, the forces on the head are huge enough to overcome any friction.
dusk is offline Find More Posts by dusk
Old Apr 09, 2009, 05:51 PM
Friday I'm in Love
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
469 Posts
hey boys, guess where my electrafun is?
Old Apr 09, 2009, 06:27 PM
Friday I'm in Love
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
469 Posts
damn! no one bit! well it's back on terra firma now, but I had crashed into a tree - almost next to the famous Tree of Iniquity. but it fell out, and it was easily located. couldn't take my daughter into the jungle with me so just retrieved it now. typical electrafun - no damage! though i'm sure if it was an EZ* there would be less than none!
Old Apr 09, 2009, 08:14 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
gosh i would have said .... packed back in the box where it belongs!! :P

Happy easter everyone~

Had a fly of my depron jet again this morning, a bit of wind which made it fun.
I didnt bring it down before the battery got really low and i ended up crashing it .... its had a few bingles of late but nothing some foam safe CA cant fix.

Finally bit the bulet and placed my HC order for bits to get my Easy Glider going as well as some bits to build another faster jet and perhaps a Hydro plane boat plane thing.

I checked the MAAA events calendar because i thought the Wagga War birs cale event was on ... but the Nationals are on in Cootamundra!!! Over this weekend they will have the electric events include foamy pusher pylon racing (easystars???) and foamie combat!!!
Weather is looking crap but hopefully i should see some great planes and action.
The event is in Cootamundra, a half hour drive from here!
Other than that ill have a day or two in the shed finishing fix ups on the spitfire and TB-20 (which they now list on HC.. great flyer).

More info on Nationals here
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Apr 09, 2009, 11:40 PM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Had another great flight with the MPXT today. Got it going on full rates, full travel for a while which was awesome, though a little bit beyond my abilities.

Had to dead stick land it twice when the tiny rubber band that was holding the prop on broke. Will replace it for an O ring this arvo and grab a propper prop adapter early next week.

Did some nice stall turns, rolls, snappy 4 point loops and tail slides as well as the usual maneuvers.

Will hopefully get out again this arvo. Hope your all getting some flights in!
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:31 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
Coming to Kambah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blxpy
Hope your all getting some flights in!
Sure am - maidened this little warbird this morning. Weighs in at 480g with a 2S 2200 Lipo (in keeping with 'Kambah Kombat rulz'). After some fine tuning I think I've got it going well. Cheapo plane therefore a BP21 and TP 18A ESC.

Now I just need to find a streamer!

G
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:31 AM
Next time I'll ARTF...
Canberra, Australia (Southside)
Joined Feb 2004
4,634 Posts
No comments yet - what if I started putting Japanese flag symbols on the side indicating kills? Eh ozrcboy??
glydr is offline Find More Posts by glydr