SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2008, 07:38 AM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Nice Cub Geoff,should tootle around nicely on that power.I must admit if I saw one of those,or even a EFlight 25 size Cub around....I would grab it I think,they look great in the air.
The Krusty Corsair is back from the panelbeaters....a bit heavier...a bit older and with a few more holes in it......sob....sounds like a bad arvo at the doctors for old buggers...
Kick on Krusty...make that crappy HRT Spitty eat ya dust!
Bleary.
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2008, 11:16 AM
Row the sticks like a madman!
Joined Feb 2006
256 Posts
Thanks heaps Geoff. Appreciate it mate.

I will dump the cash into your account on Thursday.

Got the elevator pushrod installed in the Super Chipmunk but dont like it. It has a Y section on one end because of the split elevator and there is a fair bit of movement if I move one elevator half. The whole rod moves sideways. So thinking I might make up a bit of ply with a hole in it for the rod to run through. Will secure this to the rear bulkhead. Dont know how else to fix the movement.

That Corsair is awesome bleary! Love it
The bullet holes top it off nicely
VeeAte is offline Find More Posts by VeeAte
Old Dec 08, 2008, 02:47 PM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
Guys I haven't been able to get my email alerts from RCG going. I've ticked all the relevant boxes I think - anyone else having trouble or are you all getting your emails?
ozrcboy is offline Find More Posts by ozrcboy
Old Dec 08, 2008, 03:03 PM
Icrashalot
Australia
Joined Jun 2005
217 Posts
V8

Yup l thought the same thing so l used a thicker wire on the Y end
and did a sharper Z so there was less movement

cant tell you how it flew as you know what happened
though it wasnt caused by the Y

geoffviper is offline Find More Posts by geoffviper
Old Dec 08, 2008, 03:29 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam popo
Geoff2005 - you can keep your EDF's, Wings and Profiles.....give me a Cub like that one of yours and I'd be a happy chappy!!!!!!

MC - Name for plane: Hammerhead, Mako, Tiger etc.....
or....

wobbigong, Gummy shark?

Clem,

Not getting any either. If anyone can tell me how to shrink a picture down to 75 x75 pixels I can put my old avatar up.

clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Dec 08, 2008, 03:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2008
990 Posts
You could use gimp, its simple to use... and FREE

http://www.gimp.org/
EDFjet is offline Find More Posts by EDFjet
Old Dec 08, 2008, 04:25 PM
FPV/Quad Copter Noob!!
Perth Western Australia
Joined Aug 2007
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary
Nice Cub Geoff,should tootle around nicely on that power.I must admit if I saw one of those,or even a EFlight 25 size Cub around....I would grab it I think,they look great in the air.
The Krusty Corsair is back from the panelbeaters....a bit heavier...a bit older and with a few more holes in it......sob....sounds like a bad arvo at the doctors for old buggers...
Bleary.
Classic Bleary Classic!!!

Homer & HRT have a new team manager who is already plotting the demise of the clown better print some more bandaids

Kx
kx315 is offline Find More Posts by kx315
Old Dec 08, 2008, 04:29 PM
Our main weapon is surprise...
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2006
2,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary
Bleary.
Bleary ... NICE paintjob on the Corasir buddy .. missus do that one for ya ??? (Do like the bullet holes ... very nice)

Geoff .. can you PLEASE stop destroying planes before I've even seen them fly ??? Mate .. I know Kevin Rudd wants us to stimualte the economy ... but you haven't even got your 1000 yet !!
Sorry mate .... I understand the "who cares" comment. Eventually you get a bit sick of the "why did this one happen" sindrome huh.

Great w/e of flying down here .. BBQ at PP 3 FPV planes ... no crashes .. all good.

Cheers blokes
Rowdy
Rowdy_b64 is online now Find More Posts by Rowdy_b64
Old Dec 08, 2008, 04:37 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
or....

wobbigong, Gummy shark?

Clem,

Not getting any either. If anyone can tell me how to shrink a picture down to 75 x75 pixels I can put my old avatar up.

clovus
use Paint ,resize and save as
steve wenban is offline Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Dec 08, 2008, 05:50 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,797 Posts
OZ - You will only get one email from RCG until you visit the forum. What I did was to go to THREAD TOOLS at the top - Unsubscribe and then Subscribe again. Then make sure your email app is not junking it.

Cheers
-J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2008, 05:54 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,797 Posts
I actually managed to get a flight in Yesterday. The wind was a bit up, but I did not care. I actually had the Vivi doing KE circuits which actually started out as an accident, but then became deliberate.

MC - you might be able to help here... When I throw the Vivi Bipe into KE with say her top facing me, she wants to fly away from me. So say if Up was toward me and down was away... she is flying down. I tried to give up elevator but that makes her nose point to the sky too much. The only way I found to correct it was to roll her wings a little more over, and the she flew straight. She was over more the KE, but flew straight. What causes that?

I have decided it is time to get a better Acro bird so that I can do KE and crap a lot easier than with a sports bipe.

Just need to decide which bird. Would love the PA stuff, but too much $$$

Cheers
J
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2008, 07:58 PM
Icrashalot
Australia
Joined Jun 2005
217 Posts
New spitty

Ok l have built it checked it then got a mate to check it again

ok then l checked it once more for good luck

she is ready for her maiden as the wind moved in, guess it will wait
Old Dec 08, 2008, 08:14 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Mongrel, it just sounds like its not an ideal KE bird. I dont think Ive ever heard of a bipe that will KE straight, they all require mixing up to some point. Thats all I can really help with. Try moving your battery back or forth (CG effects KE), that should change the KE a little.

PA birds aren't well known for their KE anyway. Ill tell ya what this Extra that I got literally only needs rudder imput regardless of how much rudder Im giving. Veeeery nice.

My Old prodigy used to KE too but its a pretty crap plane by todays standards. Ive heard the Eflite Extra 260 is a kood KEer too...

Bigger also flies better. Managed to have some good fun today with my Extra. Ill get some video soon, it can do some stunts that are new to me.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Dec 08, 2008, 08:29 PM
Icrashalot
Australia
Joined Jun 2005
217 Posts
spiity Mk2

Just got back from a maiden

it flew as l remembered ...perfectly

its such a bloody nice plane

Old Dec 08, 2008, 08:40 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Those few words have quite some meaning . Well done Geoff, Im glad it went well for you.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash