HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2008, 02:12 AM
Perth , Dianella
Joined Sep 2007
46 Posts
[QUOTE=maiden-crash]Ive kindly sent a PM to lightfoot to close our old thread, but all he has done is gotten rid of the link to our new location. he is beginning to anger me... What a childish character.QUOTE]

Ignore him, It's the same defiant behaviour my 3 year old son exhibits when he wants attention.

No flying this weekend, I stupidly said "we should go to the Xmas pagent" Who was to know that they would change it from Sat evening to Sun morning I will however go to the Italian motorcycle show on Sunday

Bert
BERT1 is offline Find More Posts by BERT1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2008, 02:21 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Good work Bleary,

Orientation should not be a problem.

Ben do a quick search around RCG, I think I remember a few people bagging it - too heavy, poor stall characteristics. Go the MPXT!

Just a suggestion, how about forgetting RCU and moving on? It's done and dusted in my book...

clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Dec 05, 2008, 03:08 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Okay guys. I dont care about it anymore... Bleary, I might get a video of it soon. Ive sealed my elevator and aileron hinge gaps, upped the rates on the ailerons (as if the rollrate wasn't fast enough already) and put new gears into the elevator servos. Only problem is Im at teh forward part of the CG range. Im going to have to add tail weight I think to fix it up.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:10 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Orrrity, came back from my flight. It will harrier now, but it was a very difficult harrier, it was really snappy. But, its a breakthrough, I managed to harrier it! It also hovered, it hovers slightly easier (relatively) than harriering. Did some wickedly fast snap rolls, and nice tumbles. Even spinned it, it can nearly flatten out completely. It will harrier roll but the roll rate is quiet tricky to keep up with. Awesome fligth with my Extra, my dad agreed that its the best model Ive owned to date. His favorite part was when I climbed into the clouds

PS- The Zippy gave me a huge power boost.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:28 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tam popo
Gouch!!! Not another Pom? Which side of the UK border, north or South??

Love this Forum - I've found a thread for UK guys but 80% is Scottish...great And one guy lives 'doon tae rood@ from me!! But he's nitro!! Oh well, nobodys perfect...(except ME).

No, not me, I was referring to Me_wantee He's the pot stirrer around here, I'm more your token *cough conservative nice guy cough*
I actually work with a Scottish bloke a couple of times a week, have done for a few years now.... STILL haven't a clue what he's saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluggy
go to the menu bar for Thread Tools (no its not referring to Gouch )
LOL! I'll pay that one
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:37 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
Ben do a quick search around RCG, I think I remember a few people bagging it - too heavy, poor stall characteristics. Go the MPXT!
I know all that... the FuntanaX is just SO purdy!!

If the right amount of money avails itself at xmas time and I can find one in stock I'll get a MPXT. I wish Modelfreight had one in stock - I'd drive down there now and put one on layby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
Just a suggestion, how about forgetting RCU and moving on? It's done and dusted in my book...
Best thing I've heard all day mate. It'll be great when the tread settles back to flight reports, crash reports, build and re-build reports... and paying out Tam Popo for not owning a drill
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:51 AM
Icrashalot
Australia
Joined Jun 2005
217 Posts
Rowdy

Rowdy lm looking at PP on Sunday
need to pick up a few items from Mark
and Sunday is the best for wind l think

hope to see you there l wont have the spitty ready as lm waiting on HS-82mg's that are taking a while

l only use mgs

l will however have the yak
geoffviper is offline Find More Posts by geoffviper
Old Dec 05, 2008, 05:04 AM
Row the sticks like a madman!
Joined Feb 2006
256 Posts
Current planes.
VeeAte is offline Find More Posts by VeeAte
Old Dec 05, 2008, 05:31 AM
I'm off my medication...
Canberra, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
393 Posts
Just went and got the Gyro sorted on my Trex thanks to crew @nitrodude and Timmy Tron (you've watched the Timmy Tron youtube vid right - if not - check out
Timmy Tron and the TREX (6 min 39 sec)
)

I have nothing more to say about the other place, but I want to say we have made the right decision - here we are with our own space, but already with some new mates, forum software that actually works (and is fast), and the ability to basically speak our minds. Now that we are here I'm not sure what I was so worried about coming across here - and thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
ozrcboy is offline Find More Posts by ozrcboy
Old Dec 05, 2008, 06:18 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
V8,

That's some purdy planes you got there. I know you have been belting the living daylights out of the trainer, which other ones have you flown? What's the one with the red tail and wing LE's and green stripe on the wing?

I just realised the DR1 probably won't be maidened this weekend. I need approximately a 103gram lipo, I only have a 93g or 131 gram. Oh well, maybe it will balance with the 131 gram battery.

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Dec 05, 2008, 07:55 AM
RC recluse
Australia, NSW, Kempsey
Joined Dec 2004
1,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrcboy
you've watched the Timmy Tron youtube vid right - if not - check out http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=8J10Rbcxsig )
Holy Crap..
Timmy Tron can fly the hell out of that thing.
That was seriously impressive!
nator_au is offline Find More Posts by nator_au
Old Dec 05, 2008, 09:50 AM
Cookie Monster
Australia, QLD, Diddillibah
Joined Aug 2005
1,357 Posts
Nice one Oz,well said mate.
Timmy Tron is the gas man....awesome stuff.
Bleary.
bleary is offline Find More Posts by bleary
Old Dec 05, 2008, 02:47 PM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2008
813 Posts
Another GREAT Heli video...

Trex 450 I'll fly with you video! (4 min 22 sec)
blxpy is offline Find More Posts by blxpy
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:32 PM
What's 3D?
Australia, WA, Ellenbrook
Joined Feb 2008
3,316 Posts
hi all,

this is great, now i can get my whole online r/c fix from just 1 site

trumps

another boomerang clip
rc plane cac boomerang flight no2 (9 min 45 sec)
trumps is offline Find More Posts by trumps
Old Dec 05, 2008, 05:28 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,805 Posts
YES - I WAS THERE THAT DAY, when Timmy Tron flew that Heli!

Mad he can fly!

I agree with you OZ, the welcome here has been great, and the fact that we have met new guys, AND that some of them are actually from our neck of the woods, illustrates why we should have been in an Aussie forum ages ago.

Me is happy!!

Off to Sydney now - no flying for me
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member