SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:47 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Mong,

I got an old venom nightranger 3D. Not a bad heli. I also have a shogun400 but it really chews through the blades - all it takes is the slightest touch and they split. I'd look at the honeybee, cheap and easy to repair. CPgives more control but is more complicated to fix. Get a set of training LG they're heaps more fun than the contra rotating heli's.

Reuben,

yeah, there was a really strong sweep running along the inshore gutter. If you head out further it settles right down. Hope you had a fun time.. Surfers is a bit of a party town at least in amongst the action.

Clovus
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Last edited by evo62; Feb 24, 2009 at 05:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2009, 08:25 PM
Certified RPAS Instructor
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Yeah - But there will be much more expense when I crash the HoneyBee than the little Counter-Rotators.

Notice how I said "When"!
The_Mongrel is offline Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:14 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Hey Boys...

This afternoon I am going up in one of these for a fly....

http://membres.lycos.fr/wings2/galphot/tb10.jpg

She is a Tobago TB-10

Wish me luck!!

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2009, 01:41 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
GrooveJet, I doubt you'd do it any harm. This prototype has to be the best flying model Ive had, its taking me to the next level. Today, I intentionally wing tip touched it to the ground during a rolling harrier, and dragged the wing in KE, as well as countless tail drags in inverted harrier. All things I couldn't dream of doing with the Extra. It has the most stable rolling harrier and inverted harrier Ive ever experienced, and a no rock upright harrier. In no wind, it hovers nearly hands off. Stationary rolling harriers in the wind are easy. Literally easy.
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:52 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
GrooveJet, I doubt you'd do it any harm. This prototype has to be the best flying model Ive had, its taking me to the next level. Today, I intentionally wing tip touched it to the ground during a rolling harrier, and dragged the wing in KE, as well as countless tail drags in inverted harrier. All things I couldn't dream of doing with the Extra. It has the most stable rolling harrier and inverted harrier Ive ever experienced, and a no rock upright harrier. In no wind, it hovers nearly hands off. Stationary rolling harriers in the wind are easy. Literally easy.
Sounds like an awesome plane and definately a design to consider selling once you've perfected it.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Feb 25, 2009, 02:56 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
Hey Boys...

This afternoon I am going up in one of these for a fly....

http://membres.lycos.fr/wings2/galphot/tb10.jpg

She is a Tobago TB-10

Wish me luck!!

Cheers
-J
Hi John,

How'd it go? Hopefully well.

I went up in this one last June: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=27

About 8 weeks later it crashed, killing the pilot and passenger
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...13-421,00.html
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:05 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Yeah tragic accident that. I guess you have to wonder about metal stress when doing so many high G moves in an old plane. I watch the Tiger Moth joy flights from my house sometimes - he does some pretty cool stuff but at a much slower speed then the Yak.

Clovus
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:06 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
It was bloody brilliant lads! I had a ball.

Here is a pic of the plane itself and then one of my house. You can see my Wife and Little Girl waving! It was way good!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:01 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Come on Mong ... is that all for your maiden flight report?? I guess you said in all in a few words!

Did you get to fly it?

I love the plane ... is it a five seater?

~~~~~~~~~~

Caught up with a guy in town this afternoon who was flying his new Precision Aerobatics Extra (260?).
WOah flippin crazy stuff, he has been flying for a lot of years and could really handle it well, very sweet plane. Its big and only weighs 1kg and just runs on 3s which i thought was odd, but it hummed!
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:29 AM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Sorry guys... Mrs Mongrel was at me to help her get the ankle biter to bed.

Ok... This was the smallest aircraft I have EVERY been in. It seats 4 Adults comfy, and you could squeeze a kiddy in on the middle rear seat.

It was a little bumpy in takeoff - But Canberra Airport is surrounded by mountains - and that is the norm. Once clear of the mountains she was a dream - and yes I flew her. Well if you could call it that... I held the Yoke and banked her a bit. I was also allowed to taxi her back to the lot - So all in all great fun.

We did some low level stuff over my house (I was not at the wheel when this went on) and man he threw her around. He kept circling my house so I could take some snaps.

It was freakin cool let me tell ya!!

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:41 AM
Row the sticks like a madman!
Joined Feb 2006
256 Posts
You lucky bugger Mong!

Thats a cool looking plane.
VeeAte is offline Find More Posts by VeeAte
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:10 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast Mong,

now THIS might just make me convert to 2.4 gHz:

http://www.modelflight.com.au/parkzo...cro_sukhoi.htm

Clovus
Old Feb 25, 2009, 07:33 PM
Australia, NSW, Yass
Joined Dec 2007
7,820 Posts
Was good fun!! Only problem is its $160 an hour to run the bird... so it can get expensive!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:36 PM
VH-SJT
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2008
407 Posts
Clovus, I had a look at that Sukhoi last night and it has a cool factor like nothing I've seen for a while! Such a neat little plane, and fully aerobatic. I wonder what costing will be like.

Mong, very nice bird. I think someone in this thread went up in a TB20 not so long ago, they're pretty planes!
Andrew86 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew86
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:35 PM
Friday I'm in Love
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
Sorry guys... Mrs Mongrel was at me to help her get the ankle biter to bed.
oh mate, know the feeling. in other news that no one will probably care about, i've had my Esky Comanche heli sitting in the cupboard since completely re-assembling and setting it up about two months ago; i wasn't having any joy flying it, because there's no where to fly it inside, and there's always wind outside. but i thought I'll get it out and give it another try, trying to level the swashplate
though i know one of my lipo's is VERY flat, so when I got to charge it i might veer on the paranoid side and charge it in a metal tin outside....just case it has dropped below the minimum voltage.
k
jimbyjoe is offline Find More Posts by jimbyjoe