HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2008, 09:23 AM
cousin Dave
Huntsville, Alabama
Joined Nov 2002
1,607 Posts
Discussion
CNC Router for the DIY'r

I have a DIY CNC machine for sale and I wanted to let you guys know about it in case you don't visit that portion of RCGroups. Last March I used the first machine to cut parts for the larger CNC Router that I know use. So the first machine is sitting idle and I'd like to move it along to somebody else who might want to get involved in the hobby of cutting parts.
Dave
GLIDERGIDER is offline Find More Posts by GLIDERGIDER
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2008, 02:43 PM
Chas'in electrons!
West Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
9 Posts
Interested

Glidergider What's included and what do I need? I could stop by and pick it up.
Thanks. John
4pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 4pilgrim
Old Dec 01, 2008, 02:49 PM
cousin Dave
Huntsville, Alabama
Joined Nov 2002
1,607 Posts
To get this machine going, you will need to buy the electronic components. Steppers, drives and power supply. HobbyCNC.com is the cheapest at $265. There are other packages from from Hobbycnc and other packages from other vendors. The Hobbycnc package is in kit form, so it requires some soldering skills. I did once and had a blast assembling it.

You will also need a computer and software. There is some free software out there and you can buy software. Usually you get what you pay for. I started off on the cheap side and had loads of fun. I eventually purchase software as my skill grew. It's been great fun and I'm still having fun.
Dave
GLIDERGIDER is offline Find More Posts by GLIDERGIDER