HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by gp125racer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:03 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Cool
Delta Valley Flyers Fun Fly/Swap Meet

My friend Mike and I attended the Fun Fly hosted by Delta Valley Flyers @ the Stockton Fairgrounds.

We had an awesome day, enjoyed some great indoor flying, conversation, and BBQ .. best of all left with some cool stuff from the swap meet!
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2008, 07:04 AM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,066 Posts
Looks like a fun time was had by all. Some nice models there. I have really been bitten by the indoor bug over the last year or so. Its nice not having a day mucked up by bad weather and the social side of flying is very relaxed in an indoor setting. At the venue I fly at we segment time frames so the gossamer and lightly built models fly together and then the EPP terrorists are let loose. Some pics of my indoor models are in a blog entry here if you are interested: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943468

KiwiKid
KiwiKid is offline Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by KiwiKid; Dec 01, 2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2008, 10:03 AM
The Flying Herb
Santa Barbara, California
Joined Jul 2007
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp125racer
My friend Mike and I attended the Fun Fly hosted by Delta Valley Flyers @ the Stockton Fairgrounds.

We had an awesome day, enjoyed some great indoor flying, conversation, and BBQ .. best of all left with some cool stuff from the swap meet!

Why do we always hear about these events AFTER THEY HAPPEN?

Can you guys do a better job of advertising these events. It seems like i look thru the announcements...but never see anything for the west coast!
rstein9 is offline Find More Posts by rstein9
Old Dec 04, 2008, 09:14 PM
outstanding in the left field!
USA, IL, Marengo
Joined Feb 2007
738 Posts
Rodger that Herb

Any word on the next event there in stockton? Great blog and great pics, thanks for posting them I enjoyed viewing very much. I have a place out near byron I would be interested in hearing about any delta area events.

Pyro
pyrobus is offline Find More Posts by pyrobus
Old Dec 04, 2008, 09:39 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,917 Posts
Hey Gents,

Thanks for the comments!

Not certain on the next event, but I'll make sure to post a thread in the upcoming events section in the future. By chance, I happened to pickup a flyer at my LHS just a few days before the event.

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100