SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2008, 10:59 AM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Aug 2004
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
We will hav option 2S-to-7S adapters for 0720i, with same types (HP, EH, XH, TP/FP) as available currently for 2S-6S.

Will also have the 8-pin HP taps, so you could use our tap on your pack native if you like.
Dave,

Does this mean the current 2S-6S connectors are not going to be compatible with the 0720i? Are we going to have to stock 2S-6S connectors and 2S-7S connectors now? It's nice to have adapters that fit all the Hyperion chargers and balancers right now. Sounds like now we're going to have another set of multi-adapters that only fit the 0720i.
ramovan is online now Find More Posts by ramovan
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:51 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
V1.9 installed in Inet charger why does the charge amp rate go up and down .4 of a amp if set to .8 amps it goes to .84amps?
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:45 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Do you mean "up and down by 0.04A" ? If so that is 0.5% variation and is simply reflecting the tolerances in the device. A difference of +/- 40mA won't matter in the least when charging at a nominal 8A (= 8000mA).
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Dec 03, 2008, 08:04 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Hi i am charging at 800MAH and it goes up and down from 800MAH to 840MAH?
Another thing i noticed on the last version update is when looking at the balence mode in the creen that shows all the cells voltages seperatly it no longer flashes the little circle by the cells voltage that is being discharged by the charger while balencing??/

One great thing i noticed over the last version update is with the new version the chargers fan don't keep going on and off for no reason like in 1.7v
Last edited by reptileman; Dec 03, 2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2008, 10:48 AM
Joined Jul 2008
39 Posts
I cant figure out the change for the channel button in the 1.9 duo firmware update. It seems to work the same way it did before? In the addendum it says it takes you to the corresponding screen when you hit the channel button. Mine just takes me back to whatever screen I was using when I was on the other chasnnel.
Dragonfueled is offline Find More Posts by Dragonfueled
Old Dec 04, 2008, 07:43 PM
One bad mama jama
Oradell New jersey
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Hey Dave I am a newbie to the duo charger, having a prob sent you a pm...Look forward to you hopefully helping me out.

_Meron_
meronr is offline Find More Posts by meronr
Old Dec 04, 2008, 08:59 PM
One bad mama jama
Oradell New jersey
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Maybe someone else can help me with my dilemma...I have been trying to charge my glow ignitors. One is a one cell 5000mah nicd battery and the other is a 1 cell 4400mah nimh battery, when I charge these batteries at 1c the voltage reads at over 2.0 volts and than the charger stops charging and gives an error message that says output voltage too high..The only way that i have been able to charge these batteries is to charge them .5c or lower....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
Old Dec 04, 2008, 09:38 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr
Maybe someone else can help me with my dilemma...I have been trying to charge my glow ignitors. One is a one cell 5000mah nicd battery and the other is a 1 cell 4400mah nimh battery, when I charge these batteries at 1c the voltage reads at over 2.0 volts and than the charger stops charging and gives an error message that says output voltage too high..The only way that i have been able to charge these batteries is to charge them .5c or lower....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME
Hi i don't think you supposed to charge 1 cell glow ignitors over 1 amp... 1C on one cell 4400mah i belive 4.5 amps would be way to hight of a rate for one cell and would cause damage to it.
Old Dec 04, 2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman
Hi i don't think you supposed to charge 1 cell glow ignitors over 1 amp... 1C on one cell 4400mah i belive 4.5 amps would be way to hight of a rate for one cell and would cause damage to it.
Yes, I would guess that the batteries are high-resistance types made to supply steady low currents and resist self discharge. As such, they should probably be charged always at low rates.

And/Or... there is some circuitry inside the glow drivers which is interfering.

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Old Dec 05, 2008, 12:08 AM
Joined Nov 2005
90 Posts
ND,

Can you let me know when you get the new displays for the 610 duo. I need 2 of them.

Thanks

Philip
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:40 AM
Canberra, Australia
Joined Nov 2005
87 Posts
[QUOTE=NipponDave]Hello Everyone,

Now we are releasing the new single-port 0720iNET (7S, 20A, 250W limits!!!) and dual-port DUO2 (adds 50W+50W discharge and high-vis LCD to original DUO).

Dave,

Dumb question: will the 720i be able to be linked with the 610i for charging large packs (respecting the 10A limit of the latter) or do you have to use two 720is?

thanks,

Malcolm
mstreet is offline Find More Posts by mstreet
Old Dec 05, 2008, 06:23 AM
One bad mama jama
Oradell New jersey
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
Yes, I would guess that the batteries are high-resistance types made to supply steady low currents and resist self discharge. As such, they should probably be charged always at low rates.

And/Or... there is some circuitry inside the glow drivers which is interfering.

David
That doesn't seem to be the issue due to the fact that I have been able to charge both ignitors at 1c on my other charger which is a MRC 989 brain.
Old Dec 05, 2008, 06:34 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Any plans for a high watt 10-12s charger for us that have those large pack (single 10s1p)
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Dec 05, 2008, 06:41 AM
One bad mama jama
Oradell New jersey
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Can someone also help me out with trying to print out a copy of the charging flow chart for the 610 duo but when you click on the link i get a blank page.Please help me with this issue, thanks in advance
Old Dec 05, 2008, 08:19 AM
One bad mama jama
Oradell New jersey
Joined Dec 2008
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meronr
Can someone also help me out with trying to print out a copy of the charging flow chart for the 610 duo but when you click on the link i get a blank page.Please help me with this issue, thanks in advance
Nevermind was able to get them thanks